The Rumour Thread

Gamer's edition is clearly targeted at the hardcore tournament crowd, the kind who already spends a lot to be "at the top".

It's a very small crowd, I don't expect the sales to be that overwhelming. Especially with that price difference.

At least the "classic" battletome can be enjoyed even when the edition is over. Background, pictures, paint guides, they never get outdated.

And points are out the book, so the only updates invalidating the book / cards will be only the metabalance changing aptitudesand profiles. They don't happen that often for everything in a faction, TBH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Still puzzled at why they included the "classic" grey seer in the new Spearhead. Wasn't it that difficult to include one of the new warlocks in there instead ?

A minor bit of FOMO perhaps? Only place to get it, and it's bit a bad sculpt.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

August Cubicle 7 Update | Cubicle 7 Games

Champions of Chaos coming to Soulbound in 2025.

1.jpg.94f2cfba86df1a12834e5713446d5529.jpg

I dont know what this means

Btw, about the prices, all in all everything r ally is cheaper than what I was gloomin and doomin. Only catched by surprise on the globadiers being so expensive for 5 models (and yet cheaper than the old ones) and the weapon teams being actuqlly cheaper than what i expected. 

Brood terror, probably above 200 points, and weapon teams on 250-300 points seem like very good buys here for what they cost.

Now im excited to see more...

Edited by Garrac

14 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I dont know what this means

Cubicle 7 are releasing a Chaos focused expansion for the AoS rpg game, Soulbound, next year.

Edit for clarity: specifically a book about playing Chaos characters in the setting

Edited by EonChao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Btw, alltho im sure the warcom articles on skaven this week will be very spicy, the true showcase will be this saturday with the goonhammer article.

It doesnt seem like we're getting leaks of the rules until then, but who knows.

12 hours ago, Vaellas said:

Okay so some speculation here based off what we have seen today.

GW not doing the CP route by stopping selling the older one when the new one comes out but instead updating Spearheads is great. The fact that instead of selling the older Skaven Spearhead as it is but instead including the updated sculpts is really sweet.

So this being said could this point at hints for updated models in future? For example we know Slaves to Darkness is next and we know a Darkoath box is coming however the current one, like the Skaven, has older models with the Chaos Lord and Chaos chariot. These models are also shown that they will be used in ToW and GW doesn't like the overlap so could we be seeing a new Chaos Lord and Chaos chariot sculpt this year and the current Spearhead updated with this?

Edit: Did notice it is not the new Grey Seer but old one which is a little cheeky.

The chaos chariot is still a good kit from 2013 so it may stay a bit longer.

I can totally see a new chaos lord on foot for the current spearhead to spice up the box  . 

And it is very likely to see a new chaos sorcerer on foot ( which left the webstore some months ago and just returned in ToW) as single release.

Darkoath spearhead could contain : Darkotah chieftain , 5 darkoath fellriders , 10 darkoath marauders and wilderfiend.

Edited by cyrus

On 8/24/2024 at 4:41 AM, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Back with more rumors from the underworlds. I'm not good with emojis so I'll provide some verbal teasers instead.

- already previously shared that of course rats and the golden boys will be facing off

- a character will be lugging his "potbelly" around

- rawr

- evil gimlis aren't the only "herald" of something new we'll see; in fact there is a "herald" tie in with two other coming warbands

There's a couple other things in the pipeline - 1 chaos, 1 destruction

Just had a thought. Would you describe this guy as having a "potbelly"?

99120202039_CoSAlchemiteWarforger1.jpg?f

• Haha 2

Btw, Skabbik is 34 euros, and the gamer edition, 65. Both will only be sold by GW itself. Unclear if it will have translated versions.

Oh, and in a few moments we should be getting a monday reveal with a star player for bb chorfs. 

Edited by Garrac

1 minute ago, Garrac said:

Btw, Skabbik is 34 euros, and the gamer edition, 65. Both will only be sold by GW itself. Unclear if it will have translated versions.

Oh, and in a few moments we should be getting a monday reveal with a star player for bb chorfs. 

Better if you don't expect translation in a limited Direct Only book

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

Cubicle 7 are releasing a Chaos focused expansion for the AoS rpg game, Soulbound, next year.

Edit for clarity: specifically a book about playing Chaos characters in the setting

Yeah, it was the only missing one from all the grand alliances.

17 minutes ago, Garrac said:

No. It won't be translated.

Eh, I know some people still do - but most just buy the books for lore / collection, not for rules that go out of date almost instantly.
The gamer's edition seems like such an odd change to me.

Mini of the month is interesting. Have we had side-set stuff before for it?

28 minutes ago, Someravella said:

Isn't always the same model?

Nope. At least not here anyway. Have had a few times where it is one of the models from a unit at random and not fixed (i.e. they write off a box and do a box break then place them in the little individual boxes).

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

The gamers edition seems like them testing out an idea - which is a good thing. Better they try out some experiments in format and presentation, see what is well received and what isn't, than they just assume various ideas won't work and never try anything new.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Eh, I know some people still do - but most just buy the books for lore / collection, not for rules that go out of date almost instantly.
The gamer's edition seems like such an odd change to me.

I think there's a ruddy good idea at the heart of it; a small, easy-to-carry book containing all the rules you'll need while playing. But, as happens aggravatingly often, GW has made a hash of the concept. A Gamer's Edition doesn't need all the lore and art and miniatures galleries! Save all that for the luxurious hardback. 

Really, the Gamer's Edition could be little more than a glorified pamphlet. Slim, concise, travel-friendly... bosh. Put a reasonable price tag on it, and I bet people would buy both the hardback book AND the Gamer's Edition. With them having exactly the same content, I'd be surprised if many players buy both (although my assumptions are often wrong...) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Although I play infrequently, I really like having cards for everything - which the warscroll cards don't have.

I like the standard sized battletomes but want all the cards. I'll probably pick up the gamer's edition as it's cheaper than battletome plus cards combined and has more cards.

I don't know why the warscroll card sets can't include everything. The battletome/ warscroll/ magic + other cards that came in the seraphon army set were great. That'd be perfection over the reduced sized battletome.

11 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Although I play infrequently, I really like having cards for everything - which the warscroll cards don't have.

I like the standard sized battletomes but want all the cards. I'll probably pick up the gamer's edition as it's cheaper than battletome plus cards combined and has more cards.

I don't know why the warscroll card sets can't include everything. The battletome/ warscroll/ magic + other cards that came in the seraphon army set were great. That'd be perfection over the reduced sized battletome.

Sure would be nice if they just gave you a discount for ordering the cards plus any battletome, wouldn't it?

• Like 4