The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The new WD mentions Warcry:

White Dwarf 504 – A Cornucopia of Kroot Content - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

WD504 Sep02 Spread5

They are heading to the coasts of Aqshy. I don't follow WDs, but would this mean the next season would be in Aqshy or are they just standalone stuff?

Sometimes they expand the narrative, and other times they open new battlefronts. Who knows

29 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

White Dwarf 504 – A Cornucopia of Kroot Content - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

WD504 Sep02 Spread5

They are heading to the coasts of Aqshy. I don't follow WDs, but would this mean the next season would be in Aqshy or are they just standalone stuff?

Varkos Varactyr the Vampire Pirate coming?

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Varkos_Varactyr

• LOVE IT! 2

7 hours ago, Matrindur said:

The Gamer's edition being more expensive was expected but still not happy about it. Everything else seems in line with expectations or actually a bit cheaper than I thought it would be?

It’s cheaper though? 

$80 for Gamer’s Edition vs $60 + $35 for regular battletome and cards. So a $15 savings for a smaller book.

Just now, dmorley21 said:

It’s cheaper though? 

$80 for Gamer’s Edition vs $60 + $35 for regular battletome and cards. So a $15 savings for a smaller book.

Counter point: it doesnt seem to have translated versions

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO it is the old collector's/ limited edition, but with a worse approach.

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

So we move from hardback collector edition to a smaller softback collector edition but with obsolete day 1 cards

Yeah, it replaced the collector’s edition, which sold poorly. 

If I could buy it through my FLGS, it would be an auto buy for me. I get to 2 tourneys a year if I’m lucky, but playing at a store space is limited and having a smaller book along with cards would be great.

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Counter point: it doesnt seem to have translated versions

That’s unfortunate - did the limited edition have translations before?

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think the classic chaos dwarf aesthetic leaves me the coldest of anything in Warhammer and that includes the new blood angels stuff. There's nothing objectively bad about the mini but every detail looks just a bit too big and I don't think those details gel together at all. They will have to radically alter the aesthetic to make me care about an AoS release but that would probably annoy everyone who does like the current design. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

WD504 Sep02 Spread5

This is likely just a standalone thing. They’ve done it for a few warbands previously and IIRC they’ve done at least one of these already for narrative campaigns 

55 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think the classic chaos dwarf aesthetic leaves me the coldest of anything in Warhammer and that includes the new blood angels stuff. There's nothing objectively bad about the mini but every detail looks just a bit too big and I don't think those details gel together at all. They will have to radically alter the aesthetic to make me care about an AoS release but that would probably annoy everyone who does like the current design. 

You're not the only one. I've always found the aesthetics of WHB Chorf to be completely kitschy and generally ridiculous.

Logically, we should see a big evolution in their style when the army arrives in AoS. Horned helmet seen in the core book is a good clue, I think.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

This is likely just a standalone thing. They’ve done it for a few warbands previously and IIRC they’ve done at least one of these already for narrative campaigns 

yeah, looks like its just a tie-in with the current vermindoom narrative since is the coast between the Patch and the Gnaw.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

WD504 Sep02 Spread5

It mostly likely a standalone stuff especially reading it the Ravage Coast doesn't seem like an actual setting rather just the land where the Gnaw and the Great Parch meet rather then actual location like Varanthrax Maw or Gnarlwood. Seem more like main game synergy to give more lore on what happening this edition narrative 

Im pretty sure they did the same with Kill team  

but we have to see

1 hour ago, mawhis117 said:

Varkos Varactyr the Vampire Pirate coming?

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Varkos_Varactyr

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dmorley21 said:

It’s cheaper though? 

As Garrac said, it is not translated plus it is a "less quality" BT, as it is soft back.

1 hour ago, dmorley21 said:

Yeah, it replaced the collector’s edition, which sold poorly. 

If I could buy it through my FLGS, it would be an auto buy for me. I get to 2 tourneys a year if I’m lucky, but playing at a store space is limited and having a smaller book along with cards would be great.

That’s unfortunate - did the limited edition have translations before?

No, Limited editions weren't translated either.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Even this BB team annoyed some people because of the hat, also, if Honest Wargamer was right, the new AoS ones would be "drastically different" with their cogs aesthetic.

4 hours ago, Someravella said:

Isn't always the same model?

Nope, sometimes it's new sprues using an existing model just duplicated but often it's the existing kit that the stores get sent a few copies of to build up and give out.

4 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Eh, I know some people still do - but most just buy the books for lore / collection, not for rules that go out of date almost instantly.
The gamer's edition seems like such an odd change to me.

Mini of the month is interesting. Have we had side-set stuff before for it?

Nope. At least not here anyway. Have had a few times where it is one of the models from a unit at random and not fixed (i.e. they write off a box and do a box break then place them in the little individual boxes).

Yeah they've had Legions Imperialis and Kill Team stuff before, plus about 2 years go they had the Rotmire Creed from Warcry as the mini of the month.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

WD504 Sep02 Spread5

It's going to be standalone like they've done before but it's still good to see more support.

1 hour ago, Aramis said:

Strongly suspect most mini of month will be from breaking up unsold Dominion starter boxes and paint sets etc. The pictured monster killer one is to throw us off.

Nope the mini of the month is always fairly reliably pictured. If they were getting rid of unsold Dominion stock then they'd give them out internally for projects, recycle the sprues, or just junk them altogether.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Nope the mini of the month is always fairly reliably pictured. If they were getting rid of unsold Dominion stock then they'd give them out internally for projects, recycle the sprues, or just junk them altogether.

For sure. They even released a video on youtube about how to paint this exact model too at the same time.

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Even this BB team annoyed some people because of the hat, also, if Honest Wargamer was right, the new AoS ones would be "drastically different" with their cogs aesthetic.

Rob also mention how TOW pitch chaos dwarfs as one of their core races but was rejected by higher due to "being too similar to AOS pitch". So the Cog aesthetic seem more to do with their Demon-engines which the chorf themselves with still look recognizable 

• Like 1