The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It takes 2 weeks, as usual, IMO. I didn't read Sept 14 anywhere.

Seems really weird, why would GW make an exception now? Even warriors of chaos are going to take 2 weeks, and half of their stuff was on the webstore not long ago

7 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Seems really weird, why would GW make an exception now? Even warriors of chaos are going to take 2 weeks, and half of their stuff was on the webstore not long ago

I suspect it's people who are thinking how it used to work. I still think it's pre-order this week so I'll get it next week. 

WHAT IF : the upcoming mysterious narrative book will be placed in Ghur , exploring the aftermath of the end of  the era of the beast , in the same manner Pariah Nexus was back to " 9th edition" narrative settings ?

ca13dq2.png

2022-09-13.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

40 minutes ago, cyrus said:

WHAT IF : the upcoming mysterious narrative book will be placed in Ghur , exploring the aftermath of the end of  the era of the beast , in the same manner Pariah Nexus was back to " 9th edition" narrative settings ?

ca13dq2.png

2022-09-13.jpg

Depending on when it is launched it could be tied to Warclans rather than S2D... so it is feasible.

40 minutes ago, cyrus said:

ca13dq2.png

2022-09-13.jpg

Personally i wouldn't want to go back to a prior edition story arc as the starting campaign for the new edition. That like something you do for like book 2 or 4 to give it a proper ending.  40k currently is just jumble runt of narrative due them throwing the "apocalyptic imperium ending" fourth tyrannic war then just back to the Pariah nexus again beacuse they never finished that storyline and had a bunch of reused assets to promote, then sideline the whole necron plot to reintroduce Vashtorr and now it all about this backwater sector dealing with vespids and orks. They lost the plot and there not connections nor impact in the tyrannic war

One thing also understand the reason for 40k runt in the lore progression is due to not having a head narrative director or whatever the name of that position. 

2 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Personally i wouldn't want to go back to a prior edition story arc as the starting campaign for the new edition. That like something you do for like book 2 or 4 to give it a proper ending.  40k currently is just jumble runt of narrative due them throwing the "apocalyptic imperium ending" fourth tyrannic war then just back to the Pariah nexus again beacuse they never finished that storyline and had a bunch of reused assets to promote, then sideline the whole necron plot to reintroduce Vashtorr and now it all about this backwater sector dealing with vespids and orks. They lost the plot and there not connections nor impact in the tyrannic war

One thing also understand the reason for 40k runt in the lore progression is due to not having a head narrative director or whatever the name of that position. 

No way. A game as big as 40k doesn't have a narrative lead but AoS does?

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I suspect it's people who are thinking how it used to work. I still think it's pre-order this week so I'll get it next week. 

I cant honestly think when was the last time a GW wave didnt take two weeks of preorders.

This year it has been:

-Sunday preview

-Preorders start one week later, saturday

-Actual release date two weeks later, saturday

So the skaven release should fall on the 21rst of september.

Edited by Garrac

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

No way. A game as big as 40k doesn't have a narrative lead but AoS does?

Didn't have a narrative lead at the time the previous one left early this year

They currently have one now but from the dark angels to about when the Inquisition came out they didn't 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I cant honestly think when was the last time a GW wave didnt take two weeks of preorders.

To be honest, I haven't brought a new release from GW for ages (I'm just waiting until Chorfs come out) so I completely forgot about it. 

8 minutes ago, Eldarion79 said:

Season of War - Thondia were introduced as a Narrative book.
I don't expect more than the same thing.
image.png.d58c603d924384607d6fec7150785c91.png

It is not the first one we had in AoS either.

The main difference between the one coming and Season of War Thondia is that Thondai was part of a trilogy and the upcoming one is supposed to be stand-alone.

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

image.png.9ab36802b93f76db655d909ea663c6ee.png

And hobgrot handband thing!

Maybe this confirms that hobgrots will be multi-faction units?
Or we are getting separate Chorf hobgrots with the same aesthetics.
Or these are for Warclans.

I'm hoping for option 1.

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Ohhh. Good catch!

We have three possible routes then:

1 - CHORFS ALERT!
2 - Warclans, early 2024.
3 - UW Chorfs as rumored.

That could be the motive that the next Warclans unit is an Ironjawz with the Spearhead again. The next Krule units are coming with the Chorfs next year

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

This year it has been:

-Sunday preview

-Preorders start one week later, saturday

-Actual release date two weeks later, saturday

So the skaven release should fall on the 21rst of september.

The price list pic that you posted yesterday specifically said 21st Sep as the release date. 

Hobgrots is a possibility but the serrated edge is different from the ones we currently have. I feel like I've seen that exact kind of sword before. The wristband is similar to the hobgrots ones but it looks rougher. Finally shading on the flesh looks human rather than grot, though that might just be the black and white effect.