The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I’m sorry, but I can’t take Krittok seriously after seeing Doomfang’s profile. 2/3/3/-2/D3? That’s not exactly a scary profile. Or a good one, for that matter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’m sorry, but I can’t take Krittok seriously after seeing Doomfang’s profile. 2/3/3/-2/D3? That’s not exactly a scary profile. Or a good one, for that matter. 

Yeah, really wild to see, but I am wondering if he has another weapon profile that has not been shown on this article as well as they do not always show them on when reviewing one. 

Just now, Vaellas said:

Yeah, really wild to see, but I am wondering if he has another weapon profile that has not been shown on this article as well as they do not always show them on when reviewing one. 

His attendants should have attacks, but seeing as they have no weapons of their own (carrying his weapons) I can't see them being any better than a 4+/5+ 0 rend. 

Just now, Vaellas said:

Could be, but it would be strange to have the demonic named weapon with this profile, and then a second profile "teeth and claws" with better stats...

13 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

His attendants should have attacks, but seeing as they have no weapons of their own (carrying his weapons) I can't see them being any better than a 4+/5+ 0 rend. 

There is the possibility they have quite a few attacks to make up for it as well, but get the companion keyword to limit buffs.

Just now, Deakz28 said:

Seems so, but it doesn’t work, requires an 8 to go off but you only roll one D6 :( 

You keep the chanting points you make from each dice so can keep stacking them up until you get the prayer you want

• Thanks 1

The thing to remember about Krittock is that he's specifically really old for a regular ratto, hence his paucity of Attacks. It does mean his Strike First power is more of a gimmick than anything important, but his +1 wound for Stormvermin will be enough if he's cheap, and he might have something else on his warscroll still.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Most is the profile is decent but just two attacks is kind of crazy. The regular clawlord has 6. It's not unheard of for community article to have a mistake. Either that or there's some other rule that makes the profile better. 

23 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

To be honest, appart from his attacks, every other characteristic seems to be really good. 

Maybe an errata? He should be 4-5 attacks

7 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

He's not a fighter but a support character. 

Yeah, it just makes his touted strike first ability rather meaningless. Are you really going to give up the ability to use command for a pretty high chance of doing 0 damage?

Vizzik on the other hand looks great. If he really can chant automatically in both turns as that prayer suggests he can get to twelve pretty easily. Having a key unit fight twice and debuffing your opponent in a key combat is going to be a pretty potent ability. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah, it just makes his touted strike first ability rather meaningless. Are you really going to give up the ability to use command for a pretty high chance of doing 0 damage?

It's true that his Strike First is gimmick rather than serious power, but yes, I would 90% of the time go with it over giving him a command. I'm never going to be AOA with a clawlord level of character - the CP are just too valuable even if Krittock had 5 attacks - and AOD is usually only worthwhile in the face of serious melee firepower if he has an unusually good save for a Skaven.

18 minutes ago, Chikout said:

maybe we still haven't seen all his abilities and he makes a unit of Stormvermins fight immediately after him (thus allowing for pseudo-strike first for them as well if the enemy doesn't have strike first, as per the last FAQ)

18 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Vizzik on the other hand looks great. If he really can chant automatically in both turns as that prayer suggests he can get to twelve pretty easily.

Why automatically? even with Priest(2), that is an average of 7 ritual points in your turn... so you would need at least an enemy turn to cast the prayer. In order to get to 12 you would need a total of 3 turns (2 of your own + 1 enemy turn). Off course you can roll 6s on each cast roll...

4 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

Why automatically? even with Priest(2), that is an average of 7 ritual points in your turn... so you would need at least an enemy turn to cast the prayer. In order to get to 12 you would need a total of 3 turns (2 of your own + 1 enemy turn). Off course you can roll 6s on each cast roll...

if he's priest 2 you can chant twice in your turn and twice in the enemy (his warscroll prayer, as written + magical intervention). of course, the problem is that you'll roll a 1 at some point, but other than that it's doable in 1 round

Edited by Marcvs