The Rumour Thread

Just now, Frodorowski said:

Why automatically? even with Priest(2), that is an average of 7 ritual points in your turn... so you would need at least an enemy turn to cast the prayer. In order to get to 12 you would need a total of 3 turns (2 of your own + 1 enemy turn). Off course you can roll 6s on each cast roll...

I think they mean intrinsically not automatically. Most prayers are your hero phase, with the command ability allowing them to be done in opponents phase. If he intrinsically can chant his own prayer in both turns then you could theoretically do 4 chants a turn, with him using priest 2 to chant twice in your turn, this prayer and command ability in opponents turn. That would lead to pretty reliably overcasting. Who know how it works though.

If rat prophet is on a 130 round, that makes him pretty big right? Verminlord is on 120 by 90.i think

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

if he's priest 2 you can chant twice in your turn and twice in the enemy (his warscroll prayer, as written + magical intervention). of course, the problem is that you'll roll a 1 at some point, but other than that it's doable in 1 turn

Ok, I haven't considered the magic intervention to cast another prayer. I any case, that is still 2 turns on average to cast the normal or the overpowered version

3 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

if he's priest 2 you can chant twice in your turn and twice in the enemy (his warscroll prayer, as written + magical intervention). of course, the problem is that you'll roll a 1 at some point, but other than that it's doable in 1 round

This came up while I was typing, wasn't meaning to ignore. Much more succinctly put than mine.

1 minute ago, Frodorowski said:

Ok, I haven't considered the magic intervention to cast another prayer. I any case, that is still 2 turns on average to cast the normal or the overpowered version

I said pretty easily not automatically. There's always the dreaded one, but you have a better than average chance of getting to 12 at the bottom of turn one, and a very high chance of getting there in turn two which is probably when those important combats are are going to be happening. 

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I said pretty easily not automatically. There's always the dreaded one, but you have a better than average chance of getting to 12 at the bottom of turn one, and a very high chance of getting there in turn two which is probably when those important combats are are going to be happening. 

I've read again your original message and I got confused by the wording, sorry. I understood you meant chant automatically as successfully cast the prayer automatically. And by turn I imagine you mean round, which then we are saying the same 🙂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

I've read again your original message and I got confused by the wording, sorry. I understood you meant chant automatically as successfully cast the prayer automatically. And by turn I imagine you mean round, which then we are saying the same 🙂

Oh yeah sorry. I always get turn and round mixed up. In any case its a pretty decent ability which you can count on more reliably than the old spell. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Ok, looks like WarCom updated the image of Krittock's attack profile. It now says he has a much more respectable 5 attacks. Still not going to set the world on fire, but not bad for Rend 2, Damage 2, Crit (Mortals) with Strikes First.

That's what I was expecting. If they want to portrait an "old" snd creepy warlord, maybe reduce their attacks to 4, but 2 was a bit extreme (lower than a Grey Seer).

14 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Ok, looks like WarCom updated the image of Krittock's attack profile. It now says he has a much more respectable 5 attacks. Still not going to set the world on fire, but not bad for Rend 2, Damage 2, Crit (Mortals) with Strikes First.

And damage 2 instead of d3 as well. How did they mess that up so badly? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Substantially better. 

27 minutes ago, Chikout said:

And damage 2 instead of d3 as well. How did they mess that up so badly? 

Maybe copy-pasting the profile from his attendants?  2 attacks kinda makes sense for two extra rats, but then the rest of the profile stats don't exactly scream 'unarmed hangers-on,' so idk, just a typo, I guess.

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

Now THAT is more like it.

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

A unit of hobs that function like nasty skulkers would be cool. Hide them in units of rippaz or slittaz and pop them out for a nice mortal wound punch or something. 

I will be very disappointed and a tad pi$$ed off if a single hobgrot hero is all warclans or Kruleboyz get so I'm hoping it's an underworlds or warcry thing. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

A unit of hobs that function like nasty skulkers would be cool. Hide them in units of rippaz or slittaz and pop them out for a nice mortal wound punch or something. 

I will be very disappointed and a tad pi$$ed off if a single hobgrot hero is all warclans or Kruleboyz get so I'm hoping it's an underworlds or warcry thing. 

I would love if it was a warcry unit that simultaneously worked for Kruelboyz while also serving as a further lore confirmation for Chorfs. Like maybe it is a unit of sellsword Hobgrots, that can be led in Warcry by either a Kruel Boyz orruk or a Hashutian Weapon Trader. The Leader would then impart different bonus' to have the Warband play differently on the battlefield. 

Once again this isn't intended as speculation but simply what I think would be a really cool release.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

Some horrible news about Paul Sawyer

Paul Sawyer wrote:It's time I share what's been happening with me and my family these last few months. 

I fell ill during set-up at the big Salute show in London earlier this year and have been pretty much out of action since then. This has led to me having to step out of my role at Warlord to concentrate 100% on my health.

Ever since falling ill I've tried to keep a low profile whilst coming to terms - this is partly down to going from working all hours to not being able to work at all but also the ever-changing way my health has been on a daily basis from day one after I left hospital in London. It's been a 'fun' time! 

At first the medics had thought I had suffered a stroke during Salute set-up but after the first rounds of tests that was discounted. Following weeks of hospital stays and tests, I was diagnosed with stage 4 Glioblastoma, one of the most aggressive and deadly forms of brain cancer. 

I have received treatment in an attempt to shrink the tumour but I face the harsh reality that I will not beat this cancer and the truth is that I have around 12 months left to live before the tumour has it's way with my puny brain. I will know the results of the all important brain scan I had this week in a couple of weeks.

Working alongside many of you and gaming with more has been an absolute pleasure. I wish I could turn back time and do more of the gaming and less of the working so I pass this same message onto each of you - make the most of your time while you have it!

I know that in time I will leave with a heart full of gratitude and a wealth of fond memories. I wish you all nothing but the best and please rest assured that I shall be spending my remaining months surrounded by the love of my beautiful family, whilst looking forward to becoming a Grandad for the first time in December - once again outnumbered by yet another little girl, but one who I absolutely cannot wait to meet.

Whilst I write this with a proud yet sorrowful heart I know I will still see many of you in my remaining months be they in person, over video call or in a game or two.

Onwards and upwards!
Cheers,
Paul

If you’ve been in the Warhammer hobby from the nineties, you’ll know Paul ‘Fat Bloke’ Sawyer. He’s one of the greats.

• Sad 34

So I was taking a look at the image of the warscroll cards from the article.  In that image, they have the names of the Clawlord's abilities ("Cruel Commander" and "Cornered Rat"), but no text as to what those abilities are.  Is this accurate?  I can't imagine I'd want warscroll cards that didn't describe the abilities.  

18 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

If you’ve been in the Warhammer hobby from the nineties, you’ll know Paul ‘Fat Bloke’ Sawyer. He’s one of the greats.

Thank you for letting us know. This is rubbish news, the guy's an absolute legend he really is. Gutted for him and his family.

10 hours ago, cyrus said:

WHAT IF : the upcoming mysterious narrative book will be placed in Ghur , exploring the aftermath of the end of  the era of the beast , in the same manner Pariah Nexus was back to " 9th edition" narrative settings ?

ca13dq2.png

2022-09-13.jpg

2bb99ib8woj61.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Damn, I bought a model from him on FB a few weeks ago and completely fanboy over him. He oversaw the best era of White Dwarf imo. Will make sure I give the model a special paint job in his honour. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RetconnedLegion said:

****** hell this sucks. Sorry for the swearing. I've read White Dwarfs in German at first, so only knew his translated self at first before they started to sell English copies in the stores over here (took them a good 5 years) but I love the old guard - I even know what they look like. Obviously I don't know them in real life but they were - in a perhaps strange way - all part of my teenage years. ****** news but I guess that's life. Almost all the things dear to us just get grinded away until you yourself face entropy.

I guess Kefka wasn't so wrong after all.

• Like 3

That is really awful about Paul Sawyer. I’d only followed him a bit in his time at Warlord games but like… that’s his voice, that’s the same WD editor style from so many issues, right there out of the late 90s/early 2000s.

“ I wish I could turn back time and do more of the gaming and less of the working so I pass this same message onto each of you - make the most of your time while you have it!”

Poor chap and awful for his family.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Ohhh. Good catch!

We have three possible routes then:

1 - CHORFS ALERT!
2 - Warclans, early 2024.
3 - UW Chorfs as rumored.

Maybe @Nighthaunt Noobcan help us to solve the enigma 😉

I am for UW Chorfs warband confirmed to be mixed race ( not only duardin)

• Like 1

Ummmmm @Nighthaunt Noobany clues on when should we start getting more info on the next underworlds band? Still bummed they werent on NOVA. And, if GW wants to release it on october, it would seem like a reveal on an october preview would be too quick for them.

As a matter of fact, window to release in october closes the 5th of that same month. Seems like we should be expecting Underworlds later down the road, unless next monday reveal comes spicy?