The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Sarouan said:

It's made at a loss, simply put. The cost is absorbed by the rest of their big sales (mostly 40k).

The return isn't about money here, but reputation. People are always happy to have free minis, and it's a good way to attract more people in the store, who then may be interested in buying something.

Indeed, the return is from those people who are drawn into store and might well buy something, and/or the friend they might bring in to then introduce to the hobby, which the rest of that article pretty much goes on to discuss as being the intention.

Like the shift to weekly releases, it's just an excuse to get people into store.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

This suggests a tweak to Overseers of the enginecoven, and adding the Warpvolt-scourger and Warp-grinder profiles, otherwise the stats at least for the ratling gun and warpfire thrower are the same. 

Weapon teams will be good if the points are right; Scourgers look great in the current cavalry-heavy game. Nice change on the arch warlocks ability, IMO.

Grinder is curious. Too unreliable to pin a key strategy on - but if its cheap and punchy enough, taking one by itself, without a tag along unit, could actually be worthwhile as an opportunistic play. Also, its deep strike is in the movement phase, so it had the chance to pin a unit before they can use Redeploy to get away from your other units. However, it would have been nice if it Just Worked (tm), rather than its tricky prerequisites and 4+ roll.

Just now, ScionOfOssia said:

Oh god, Warplock Jezzails can now receive the Covering Fire command for free. 

Yes, but they're no longer getting it without the -1 to hit penalty, which is what they previously had.

I personally think the free CP is better but I'm already seeing some lamentations from arch-warlock lovers who feel it's a downgrade.

8 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I remember them saying they wouldn’t be messing with making commands free again. Now I can confidently call BS. 

They said there wouldn't be abilities for generating additional command points. I don't think it was ever mentioned about commands being used for free.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't think there are that many new people getting the mini of the month. Here, based on some friend's experience, they go out of stock in less than two hours.

Well ideally (from a business perspective) you would lie about how many you send to stores while sending just enough to last maybe a day at most.

That makes it so anyone who shows up really early will get one (or else it would be obvious) but anyone who misses it will just assume that the GW store is doing really good business creating the illusion that the product is more valuable than it is. Making it easier to swallow the price tags.

3 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

What do we estimate will be announced for pre-order on Sunday? 

Blood bowl Chaos Dwarves plus first star player, and forge world bull centaurs 

Edited by Deakz28
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

My money's on the Kill Team Season 2, Night Lords, Mandrakes, upgraded Genestealer imperial guard bois, and Votann Rangers. 

So far Elarin has been very Reliable with dates and they’ve said 21st is kill team , I believe 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

So far Elarin has been very Reliable with dates and they’ve said 21st is kill team , I believe 

He said KT 21st and the week after SCE, but I think he was talking about the new KT box. The one with scions, IIRC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

He said KT 21st and the week after SCE, but I think he was talking about the new KT box. The one with scions, IIRC.

Yeah but they normally release the older kill teams individually with it the next box so we're likely to get the four outstanding Kill Teams as individual releases along side it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

So am I missing something or is the Warpvolt Scourger just plain better than the Ratling Gun? It has 5 average hits compared to 4.5 and an additional Anti Cavalry ability.

Average damage is the same but scourger anti-cav and superior use with Covering Fire puts it firmly ahead.

However, the new weapon team battery doesn't seem like it can have mixed weapons in a unit, so it may well be 3 different warscrolls, one for each unit - and separate points costs for each. Rattling guns may be plain cheaper than scourgers.

Gather round the Salt table once more and Bring Your Customary foil hats and Realm Shaped Atlas’

So, only a theory/wishful hope. Next year marks the Decade anniversary of Age of Sigmar. 4 editions, a myriad of characters introduced and returned. What if in July 2025 (or round about that date) to mark the 10 year anniversary We see the return of the First ever AoS characters in some sort of mini campaign. Khorgos Khul in Daemon Form, and Vandus Hammerhand Broken? 

IMG_3717.jpeg.5ea77c352af63599c0146e0cc519abfb.jpeg

(This section is pureley wishlisting😅) If it was ever the case that Vandus Returned and Sought to fight Khorgos I would like to see something that really changes the narrative a bit. I’d like to see Khorgos kill the Celestant Prime (dun dun duuuun).  I’d Like to see Vandus become the Wielder of Ghal Maraz and fulfil the Role of “Barbarian Slayer” that Sigmar once was. With visual links that bring in some of Sigmars old Barbarian Art, but with Elements of the Ruination Chamber. But zI know a good chunk of this is wishful thinking. Essentially, becoming Sigmars Champion on the tabletop and the “God” level hero for Stormcast. 

IMG_3719.jpeg.eb3b90349e066f4c3680e4a4ac865f05.jpegIMG_3720.png.7a162a01f3093a22fa44022209c05c20.png

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

It would be funny that Sigmar had his own champion/avatar/whatever. Someone like Valten but forged by him. I suppose that the Celestan Prime is the closest thing, but I'm talking more about a foot-hero wirh hammers that roams the realms than just another centerpiece.

16 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It would be funny that Sigmar had his own champion/avatar/whatever. Someone like Valten but forged by him. I suppose that the Celestan Prime is the closest thing, but I'm talking more about a foot-hero wirh hammers that roams the realms than just another centerpiece.

This is How I envisage Vandus should he take the Mantle from the celestant, which, I think, Is now the longest serving Stormcast model, and possibly a little too different to remain part of the range going by the changes that they’ve made to their design. Kill celestant, give Hammer to Vandus on Foot, have him resemble Valten/Sigmar for the Nostalagia and wow factor. But hey, thats just me.