The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, cyrus said:

We had enough rats with the Vermindoom now it is time for something else 😉

So definitely STD BT + Darkoath spearhead + new Chaos sorcerer on foot+ new Chaos lord on foot ???

Possibly Warhammer underworlds starter set : Golden boys vs Rats  as per Nighthaunt noob rumors

Possibly  Warcry new box of new season  (no idea)

https://www.warhammer.com/en-GB/shop/slaves-to-darkness-khagras-ravagers-2022

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cyrus said:

So definitely STD BT + Darkoath spearhead + new Chaos sorcerer on foot+ new Chaos lord on foot ???

Sounds tasty to me. I hope the Sorcerer and Lord are proper 'baroque madness with spikes' models. The Conan-wannabe vibe should be left to the Darkoath. 

Mind you, it's not like I need more Sorcerer and Lord models. My shelves are virtually groaning under the weight of myriad Chaos characters! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elarin said:

Warhammer Day is on the 5th of October this year. The limited model will be chaos-themed; however, I don't know if aos or 40k flavour.

And that explains why we have so few releases between now and October! Thank you! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

So we should say

14th Sep : BB Chaos dwarves + Necromunda

21th Sep : Kill Team

28th Sep: AoS Stormcast 

5th Oct : 40K  Blood Angels

12th Oct : ToW WoC wave 2

Then it seems there is no much left to release since Middlearth new edition is due in December when the movie hits in the theater

Potential previews could be at the Golden Daemon in Germany at the beginning of October and  at US open in Tampa  in mid October.

My bets:

October - Warhammer Day (14/10/2023)

November - World Championships of Warhammer (18/11/2023)

December - The Black Library Preview (9/12/2023)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

My bets:

October - Warhammer Day (14/10/2023)

November - World Championships of Warhammer (18/11/2023)

December - The Black Library Preview (9/12/2023)

Elarin mentioned a page back Warhammer day was 5th October, makes sense considering all the releases we have to come are few in number 

Edited by Deakz28
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Elarin mentioned a page back Warhammer day was 5th October, makes sense considering all the releases we have to come are few in number 

Yeah. I meant that we will mirror the previews from last year. So far Warhammer Day has been confirmed.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Beastclaw :3

Beastclaw are my favourite ogors, I hope they get some love too. There's a lot of room for more crazy AoS-y monsters, a big centrepiece monster or at least just updated sculpts in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deakz28 said:

That warhammer day might get:

-Underworlds stuff

-Warcry (id say theres one more box left)

-Krieg launch box

-New STD spearhead and bt

Its not much, but all whats left this year before the christmas boxes.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

If only one sub faction gets updated which do you prefer or would you rather something all new like the firebelly turned into a whole new sub?

Gutbusters.

The BCR still hold up and look incredible.

The Gluttons, Ironguts and Leadbelchers are all mono pose and rank and file. Not to mention need scaling as of right now they are far too small.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Garrac said:

-Underworlds stuff

-Warcry (id say theres oke more box left)

-Krieg launch box

We might see a KT Starter Set as well. I'm not sure if it's coming this year, but it will contain different teams than the Hivestorm launch box

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

51 minutes ago, Garrac said:

-Underworlds stuff

-Krieg launch box

For Warcry if I counted right we are still missing warbands for :

Idoneth

Kharadron

Slaanesh

Skaven ( again ! ;) )

Idoneth vs Slaanesh will be ace and themed !

Even Kharadron vs Skaven would be neat and themed too ! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cyrus said:

For Warcry if I counted right we are still missing warbands for :

Idoneth

Kharadron

Slaanesh

Skaven ( again ! ;) )

Idoneth vs Slaanesh will be ace and themed !

Even Kharadron vs Skaven would be neat and themed too ! 

Ironjawz are MIA too, and SoB don’t really fit the scale, so it looks like we can roughly predict pairings before the cycle resets. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Gutbusters.

The BCR still hold up and look incredible.

The Gluttons, Ironguts and Leadbelchers are all mono pose and rank and file. Not to mention need scaling as of right now they are far too small.

As a beastclaw player I am with you here. The only thing I expect for my frosty Bois is maybe some resin updates but with a massive focus on gutbusters. 

Personally I think the firebelly might find a new home in legends but I do imagine the concept will be revisited in the future. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Ironjawz are MIA too, and SoB don’t really fit the scale, so it looks like we can roughly predict pairings before the cycle resets. 

Am I forgetting Gloomspite's Warcry Release?

It would be a great place for new Spider Riders

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elarin said:

We might see a KT Starter Set as well. I'm not sure if it's coming this year, but it will contain different teams than the Hivestorm launch box

Wispers suggest orks of some kind (I'm thinking new nobz or stormboyz) against 40k half lings and ogres. 

I forget what sci-fi calls them. 

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

We had enough rats with the Vermindoom now it is time for something else 😉

Possibly Warhammer underworlds starter set : Golden boys vs Rats  as per Nighthaunt noob rumors

Possibly  Warcry new box of new season  (no idea)

• Chaos sorcerer & Chaos Lord seem like the definite choice. Im also leaning toward them being Chaos Warrior rather than Darkoath warriors
    • They will also have to retool the S2D spearhead since it has the chariot
  • Underworld we got Stormcast Ruination vs Skaven (Mini-doomwheel & Wolf rats)
  • Warcry a new season possibly inside the Eye of Chotec the narrative seem to be building up to that with the Sylvaneth guarding the gates to it attempting a ritual to bury it while the starship (Briar and Bone), the Old Ones are beginning to activate (Pyre & flood) & the ogres rituals causing the maws to erupt
1 hour ago, Garrac said:

-Underworlds stuff

-Krieg launch box

They said the Krieg is for early next year so they're not going to show it off October

4 fdzfvbhdfn

as for Warcry im pretty sure they'll start a new setting since im pretty sure someone here said the new edition start off next summer. So we'll probably see more just like how KT is doing it

14 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:
  •  

They said the Krieg is for early next year so they're not going to show it off October

4 fdzfvbhdfn

as for Warcry im pretty sure they'll start a new setting since im pretty sure someone here said the new edition start off next summer. So we'll probably see more just like how KT is doing it

Thats not how GW releases work. A few months prior the actual release GW tends to do a launch box with limited stock release, which has a codex that wont be able to be used on tournaments until said release.

Astra releasing on early 2025 explains the lack of 40k this latest but of the year: because the november-december gap will be covered up by a Krieg army box, filling the lack of 40k content.

This will be the case as well for gloomspite gitz, btw, alltho i dont think their army box will make it as soon.

Edited by Garrac

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

This is perfect. From the new stuff I was thinking of maybe pciking up Stormvermin, Krittok and maybe a couple of doom flayers.... and they just so happen to be a RoR. Huzzah!

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Am I forgetting Gloomspite's Warcry Release?

It would be a great place for new Spider Riders

Not really since they have not release Cav units in Warcry like ever since it an infantry centric game.

spider rider would have to be an actual AoD release not side game release

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:
  • Chaos sorcerer & Chaos Lord seem like the definite choice. Im also leaning toward them being Chaos Warrior rather than Darkoath warriors
    • They will also have to retool the S2D spearhead since it has the chariot
  • Underworld we got Stormcast Ruination vs Skaven (Mini-doomwheel & Wolf rats)
  • Warcry a new season possibly inside the Eye of Chotec the narrative seem to be building up to that with the Sylvaneth guarding the gates to it attempting a ritual to bury it while the starship (Briar and Bone), the Old Ones are beginning to activate (Pyre & flood) & the ogres rituals causing the maws to erupt

4 fdzfvbhdfn

I think Krieg showing off in Oct makes sense. They show the tip, then some community follow-up, in late Nov or early Dec the army box, and the rest of the army in early 2025.

• Like 2