The Rumour Thread

59 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Thats not how GW releases work. A few months prior the actual release GW tends to do a launch box with limited stock release, which has a codex that wont be able to be used on tournaments until said release.

Astra releasing on early 2025 explains the lack of 40k this latest but of the year: because the november-december gap will be covered up by a Krieg army box, filling the lack of 40k content.

This will be the case as well for gloomspite gitz, btw, alltho i dont think their army box will make it as soon.

Gitmob for Feb, like Kroots.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Snarff said:

Beastclaw are my favourite ogors, I hope they get some love too. There's a lot of room for more crazy AoS-y monsters, a big centrepiece monster or at least just updated sculpts in general.

With the increase in size of centrepiece models Id love to see a massive Cave Bear type monster ridden by a Frostlord.

That or a Giant Ground Sloth.

4 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

One day plastic yetees will exist. One day

And I cannot wait. Besides Gluttons theyre the Ogor mini I wanna see most updated.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

There is Essen spiel golden demon (europa) at the begining of october. Other years they showed things. So maybe this year they Will make the same.

Could this one be combined with the Warhammer Day? It would be weird if we have two "main" previews within a week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

With the increase in size of centrepiece models Id love to see a massive Cave Bear type monster ridden by a Frostlord.

I we're going to by soulbound there a ceberus polar bear that they ride on. Forgot the name of it but it three skulls is a item you can use 

Post pic once i get hold of my copy of Champion of destruction 

But aside from that I hope that they keep Firebellies in that pretty much the only wish recresh i have for ogors (i don't play them but just like like the Polynesian boi) so hope the ogre players get what they want out of the refresh

Kattanak that the name of the Ceberus Polar Bears

These bear-like monsters have three-heads, which can breathe a stream of intense frost, which is so great that it can freeze and shatter flesh

image.png.18719f8f9a3fb6c4f22ab63aadeb160d.png

also Maneaters that going to be interesting unit if it get updated wonder if they'll do a demon price where you get a customization option where you can make align with whichever Grand alliance

Cursed City Kosargi Night Guard! Really happy with the aged metal! :  r/minipainting

Blackpowder's Buccaneers

Chaos Ogre - Warhammer - The Old World - Lexicanum

• LOVE IT! 1

Random thought; so with the underworlds plague skaven coming back as a hero unit or something like that my thoughts wondered to that, iirc, 4 chan rumor and the part pertaining to soulblight about the supposed wight kings court bit and it got me wondering if this will just be the latest  graveyguard with wight king underworlds band just rebranded. It didn't ever get a solo release,  did it?

🤔 Time will tell. 

@Greene +1 to more troggs. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Could this one be combined with the Warhammer Day? It would be weird if we have two "main" previews within a week.

Spiel Essen Golden Demon and Warhammer Day are both on the same weekend: 5-6 October 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Random thought; so with the underworlds plague skaven coming back as a hero unit or something like that my thoughts wondered to that, iirc, 4 chan rumor and the part pertaining to soulblight about the supposed wight kings court bit and it got me wondering if this will just be the latest  graveyguard with wight king underworlds band just rebranded. It didn't ever get a solo release,  did it?

🤔 Time will tell. 

@Greene +1 to more troggs. 

If my theory about each faction getting one UW warband (put through a generic filter so you can take multiple) is right, then it's certainly possible. 

My current idea is that they are including ones which fill a gap, but that's based on a single data point of Skaven lacking a foot Pestilens hero (it's hard to describe Stormcast as having any real gaps, but I guess wizards might be the nearest thing to one they have). If that's the case then... maybe the Gravebreakers would be picked, as they include a newer Necromancer mini; or the Exiled Dead because they are thematically different. 

On the other hand: (a) maybe GW will release more than one in future Battletomes and (b) maybe it's not about filling a gap. If it had more to do with sales then I'd expect Velmorn or the Crimson Court to be likely targets, as but seem to have been popular warbands aesthetically.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

So same weekend but different events? Or the Warhammer Day will happen in Spiel Essen?

I’m guessing it will happen but not necessarily at the event, it’ll be an online preview and they may show said preview at the event in Germany, but I don’t think the event in Germany affects the preview if that makes sense, like the show will happen regardless of the event, but they may show it if you’re there at the event

• Like 3

On 9/4/2024 at 10:27 PM, Ejecutor said:

While I would love to have something like a commemorative box mirroring the first edition box, I think we already missed that train. Basically what we had in the 4th edition is what could have been part of that box.

Also, the dual boxes are not selling that well apart from the edition launch boxes, so another point on why this is complicated to happen.

Sorry for quoting a few days old post, I’m catching up on the rumour thread!

My only counterpoint to this is with Spearhead, I think a return to dual boxes could work and be more appealing. If a box had spearhead rules for both factions people would be more likely to pick it up as a one off purchase without feeling the need to start a full army.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Kattanak that the name of the Ceberus Polar Bears

image.png.18719f8f9a3fb6c4f22ab63aadeb160d.png

also Maneaters that going to be interesting unit if it get updated wonder if they'll do a demon price where you get a customization option where you can make align with whichever Grand alliance

Cursed City Kosargi Night Guard! Really happy with the aged metal! :  r/minipainting

Blackpowder's Buccaneers

Chaos Ogre - Warhammer - The Old World - Lexicanum

Yes, give them clothes for pity's sake. GW needs to learn how to convey bulk without an exposed torso.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Yes, give them clothes for pity's sake. GW needs to learn how to convey bulk without an exposed torso.

Ogres being half naked makes sense. They probably get really hot due to their increased surface area (which means they radiate less heat per unit of mass) and thick layers of blubber. They'd probably want to wear as few layers as possible, especially considering they regularly withstand snowy climates without a shirt. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I we're going to by soulbound there a ceberus polar bear that they ride on. Forgot the name of it but it three skulls is a item you can use 

Post pic once i get hold of my copy of Champion of destruction 

But aside from that I hope that they keep Firebellies in that pretty much the only wish recresh i have for ogors (i don't play them but just like like the Polynesian boi) so hope the ogre players get what they want out of the refresh

CEREBUS POLAR BEAR WOULD BE PERFECT.

8 hours ago, Greene said:

hope more troggths with this wave.

Its all I want from Gitz. But more in line with the LOTR MESBG, less comical Troggoths please!!

14 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Ogres being half naked makes sense. They probably get really hot due to their increased surface area (which means they radiate less heat per unit of mass) and thick layers of blubber. They'd probably want to wear as few layers as possible, especially considering they regularly withstand snowy climates without a shirt. 

Yes I believe they go into this in the 3.0 Battletome.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

as for Warcry im pretty sure they'll start a new setting since im pretty sure someone here said the new edition start off next summer. So we'll probably see more just like how KT is doing it

There was a wild rumors ( not from TGA rumormongers) about a mordheim-esque Warcry season/edition placed in a ruined city after the vermindoom. 

Idoneth are missing a warcry band and they have 3 potential active REs

2024-04-02.jpg

2024-01-16.jpg

2024-01-09.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Plus they're big, beautiful boys, and proud of it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

There was a wild rumors ( not from TGA rumormongers) about a mordheim-esque Warcry season/edition placed in a ruined city after the vermindoom. 

I'm excited about Kill Team but if they can capture the feel of Mordheim I would be all over this. Just hope it follows a similar online first for the core rules if it was to happen :D 

23 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

normally there will be a condensed youtube video later today/tomorrow

They (as in content creators), need to do more super condensed videos. It's the only way I would be able to watch stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

They (as in content creators), need to do more super condensed videos. It's the only way I would be able to watch stuff!

agree... when I am looking for information. Most of the time I consume this sort of media as entertainment (while painting, running, doing chores, driving), so the longer the better :D

• Like 1