The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Seems like friday stories are back to the menu ! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/09/06/chronicles-of-ruin-wrack-and-ruin/

This Chronicles of Ruin series will continue across the edition – but the dubious honour of kicking things off goes to the ascendant ratmen.

Free fiction throughout the edition is great to hear. There are many things to complain about with gw but this is something they never used to do back in the day, and it's great to see them commit to it this time. 

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Free fiction throughout the edition is great to hear. There are many things to complain about with gw but this is something they never used to do back in the day, and it's great to see them commit to it this time. 

yes, it's one of the things I liked a lot from Conquest, happy to see it implemented also for AoS. In the context of the AoS-cycle, it can really help to flesh out /advance the narrative here and there in between the books

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

I reeeaallly hope the new anvil of apotheosis is balanced well enough and becomes widely excepted. It's such a cool idea as AoS becomes more and more "streamlined" to have this level of customization available. 

not that it necessarily matters, but just looking at the two flaws makes me doubtful about the balanced part (they give the same points but one is quite crippling while the other is very easy to play around)

38 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

not that it necessarily matters, but just looking at the two flaws makes me doubtful about the balanced part (they give the same points but one is quite crippling while the other is very easy to play around)

I think you're half right.  One is definitely a bigger downside than the other - if you're creating a hero that wants to be in combat.  But if your hero is a wizard or priest that doesn't want to get into combat anyway, taking the flaw that makes it harder to charge is basically free points.  

20 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Damnit, I want to wait for Chaos Dwarfs before starting my next army, but Thanquol's Mutated Menagerie sounds exactly like the type of army I'd like to start. 

• Like 1

The odd wording on Thanquol's AOR is weird. Why not just say "Thanquol and Clan Moulder stuff"? 

This might be another skaven rumourmonger bozo scheme-bait coping, but Im starting to suspect the incoming underworlds warband will be Moulder. And it got excluded from this AOR because its infantry and non-unique.

Also, damn, Ive already read so many spoilers. I want to survive until the release date!

Edited by Garrac

6 hours ago, Vagard said:

Seems like friday stories are back to the menu ! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/09/06/chronicles-of-ruin-wrack-and-ruin/

This Chronicles of Ruin series will continue across the edition – but the dubious honour of kicking things off goes to the ascendant ratmen.

Sweet merciful Behemat I love new narrative content. One a week focusing on each Faction yes please!!

• Like 1