The Rumour Thread

54 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Please GW announce something I'm not interested in tomorrow, give my wallet a break!!! 

Mines been comatose for what seems like a year now and it's STILL not over. 

Maybe it's just me and because I've no interest in either storms or rats but it feels like the longest and most drawn out of any edition launch. 

And just to be clear I am excited for those who are excited but damn. 

• Like 2

From Goonhammer review about Plague pack :

Another returning unit is the Plaguepack, an ex-Underworlds unit which has now been divested of its unique branding and is just a generic unit. What’s cool here is it’s -1 to be hit with shooting, is a priest (1) with a cheeky once per game chanting re-roll and is crucially not a hero. With Skaven hero slots at an absolute premium, this will be popular as a way to get prayers in without using a hero slot. Also: I hope this is a sign of things to come for old Underworlds warbands, becoming a generic unit that does something unique is the best thing that could have happened to these models.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Bought everything, doubled on dices, tripled on stormvermin and weapon teams

Also recently managed to get endless spells and gnawholes. Both are very good kit, but, DAMN, the gnawholes are a pain in the ass to transport, man.

Oh, and Im actually liking all the rules. Cant wait to field a Thanquol monsta palooza that explodes on turn 2.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Just now, Garrac said:

Bought everything, doubled on dices, tripled on stormvermin and weapon teams

Also recently managed to get endless spells and gnawholes. Both are very good kit, but, DAMN, the gnawholes are a pain in the ass to transport, man.

Oh, and Im actually liking all the rules. Cant wait to field a Thanquol monta palooza that explodes on turn 2.

That sounds pathetic. Real skaven explode turn 1 and rout the remainder of their own army.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Another returning unit is the Plaguepack, an ex-Underworlds unit which has now been divested of its unique branding and is just a generic unit. What’s cool here is it’s -1 to be hit with shooting, is a priest (1) with a cheeky once per game chanting re-roll and is crucially not a hero. With Skaven hero slots at an absolute premium, this will be popular as a way to get prayers in without using a hero slot. Also: I hope this is a sign of things to come for old Underworlds warbands, becoming a generic unit that does something unique is the best thing that could have happened to these models.

Seems they will still support them with rules but just latest released warband so they will have less scrolls to update. They also mentioned Domitan stormcoven on new SC Reveal so they will get rules too. 

Edited by Aleser
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Seems they will still support them with rules but just latest released warband so they will have less scrolls to update. They also mentioned Domitan stormcoven on new SC Reveal so they will get rules too. 

And it is interesting that they approach them as units.

• Like 1

So I was reading up on Kill Team's new changes to decide if I wanted to take the plunge or not and now I'm curious if how the new edition is being handled will crossover to Warcry next year if that gets a new edition.

For those not following GW have said that when the new edition of Kill Team launches, there will be 33 Kill Teams with rules for it. These will all have rules and balance updates for the entire edition but have a rotation at the beginning of each new season.

Once that second season releases then a bunch of the older stuff (everything before Into the Dark) will effectively go to Legends. If the kit is being used in 40k (like the Ork Kommandos and Sororitas Novitiates) then it will remain available in that range, if not then it will leave production.

In total 14 Kill Teams will be being rotated out of tournament play at that point (Ork Kommandos, Death Korps of Krieg, Sororitas Novitiates, T'au Pathfinders, Chaos Legionaries, Aeldari Corsair Voidscarred, Traitor Guard Blooded, Phobos Strike Team, Gellerpox Infected and Elucidian Starstriders being the ones with dedicated kits). This is to keep the range manageable to keep in stock and help tournament balance.

So if that were applied to Warcry then we'd be looking at a new edition with all the current warbands, plus new ones. Then around a year later, the Iron Golems, Untamed Beasts, Cypher Lords, Corvus Cabal, Unmade, Splintered Fang, Spire Tyrants, Khainite Shadowstalkers, Scions of the Flame, Darkoath Savagers, and Tarantulos Brood, all rotating out of availability unless they were being used by a current faction, but still getting rules support for the remainder of the new edition.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, I get the balance needed to stop a product range getting too unwieldy, but don't like the idea of losing such amazing kits. But I figured that Warcry and Kill Team sitting in a similar space design wise probably warranted mentioning it.

Either way it might be worth not sleeping on those early warbands if you want them

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cyrus said:

Kind of weird to have a priest unit honestly. They're so consistent with ensuring that you can't have multiple priests/wizards per drop but with this you could have 5 priests in one drop with vizzik. Makes me wonder why so many armies are so strictly limited only for them to go and allow such crazy spam here. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Kind of weird to have a priest unit honestly. They're so consistent with ensuring that you can't have multiple priests/wizards per drop but with this you could have 5 priests in one drop with vizzik. Makes me wonder why so many armies are so strictly limited only for them to go and allow such crazy spam here. 

Plague pack is not unique anymore , and pts cost increased from 100 pts to 140 pts in the battletome 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Plague pack is not unique anymore , and pts cost increased from 100 pts to 140 pts in the battletome 

Are they particularly frail? Because a 140, unconditional priest who can fit into a battalion is already exceptionally good. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cyrus said:

@Tonhel the review says there's new battle formations (for each Clan) but no new artefacts, traits, etc :| with the Plaguepack becoming a generic priest unit, maybe some of the "new" prayers and spells end up on units? Does not really make up for the disappointment of no expanded options in a 60 USD book.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

@Tonhel the review says there's new battle formations (for each Clan) but no new artefacts, traits, etc :| with the Plaguepack becoming a generic priest unit, maybe some of the "new" prayers and spells end up on units? Does not really make up for the disappointment of no expanded options in a 60 USD book.

He's actually wrong, sadly - there are no new battle formations, the 'new' ones he mentions were all in the indices already and I don't know why he thinks they're new.

It looks like the battletomes will hew very close to the indices in terms of the non-model rule options like formations, artefacts, etc. I hope we'll see something like the old Battle Magic supplement later in the edition, where they could roll out a book introducing new lores and artefacts for every faction at once jn one place and thus avoid codex creep that way... But that's just my raw, unfounded hope rather than being based on anything concrete.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1