The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

So.. is it weird that Warhammer Official on Twitter liked several posts today, that I made about my “Araby” project from 9-2023 through 2-2024?

feels out of place considering it’s not relevant to anything they have recently released. Unless it’s tied to the upcoming DKoK stuff because my basic infantry are converted from that veterans kit..

Not saying it’s for any reason, just seems odd since I’m sure they have an ocean of things they could ‘like’ that isn’t from a year ago.. like how far back that had to dig

They also liked a conversion I had posted last year (a Wraithlady of Vines) which I don't think is linked to anything upcoming 😅

3 hours ago, Greene said:

Reclusians are Paladin?  I though they were just normal people in  runination chamber

cuz they wear normal thunderstrike not like Annihilators.

If they have this icon:

image.png.5d7ab08109493f71d9f75680ce801d6c.png

Then they are part of the Paladin Conclave.

It is not very visible in many cases, but for some reason the units from the Paladin Conclave tend to have it pretty visible.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

did they specifically say not part of the Extremis chamber?

they could be part of the paladin conclave but still part of the Extremism chamber

conclaves are indicative of the chamber it more a typing of the unit like the Paladin conclave are heavy units (think like Tank class in video-games) while Redeemer conclave are dps infantry focus, Angelos conclave are mobility based, Ordinatos are war-engineers

like the other units of the Paladin conclave are

• Annihilators who are in the Warrior chamber
  • Reclusians who are in the Ruination chamber 

while Angelos conclave have

• Prosecutors formerly in the warrior chamber now in the ruination chamber 
  • Stormstrike chariot
  • Vanguard hunter
  • Vanguard palladors 

Redeemers

• Liberators
  • Sequitors
  • Vanquishers
  • Vindicators

The Sacristan engineer who operates the ballista are only ordinatos units & Evocator is the only Corpuscant unit

Yes. They said specifically they are not part of the Extremis Chamber. I think they are part of the Warrior Chamber.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

So.. is it weird that Warhammer Official on Twitter liked several posts today, that I made about my “Araby” project from 9-2023 through 2-2024?

feels out of place considering it’s not relevant to anything they have recently released. Unless it’s tied to the upcoming DKoK stuff because my basic infantry are converted from that veterans kit..

Not saying it’s for any reason, just seems odd since I’m sure they have an ocean of things they could ‘like’ that isn’t from a year ago.. like how far back that had to dig

I think they just found it. I wouldn't put an extra read on that.

21 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Nonono, I get tired of this argument. Ofcourse some player take only the best, but you seem to forget that also a big chunk of palyers/hobbyist like an item or trait because it fits their hero, army or the narrative. For a lot of players a game, be it a tabletop game or computer is not all about MIN-MAXing, but the experience.

Not only that, simply having options is fun. One of my favorite parts of when I played WHFB was pouring over lists of magic items, deciding what to give my heroes and, whilst doing so, building to lore for them.

I might well have ended up with the optimal build anyway, but I had a lot of fun arriving at it and felt a lot more invested in my characters at the end.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

Not only that, simply having options is fun. One of my favorite parts of when I played WHFB was pouring over lists of magic items, deciding what to give my heroes and, whilst doing so, building to lore for them.

I might well have ended up with the optimal build anyway, but I had a lot of fun arriving at it and felt a lot more invested in my characters at the end.

The weird part is that AoS already had some of this stuff here and there in all this previous editions. AoS 2.0 had 2 tables of 6 artifacts for each realm.

Some armies had some type of customization stuff as their Battle Traits. First edition had Kharadrons, they could chose some parts of the Code (3 tables of 6 options each!). Even AoS 3.0 had an army that could add abilities to any unit that could take a standard bearer in top of a Mark of Chaos...

I still remember that an Ogor Tyrant could take the Great Guttgouge (by using Bragg model) followed by a Great Name, an Artifact and a Trait to make an Ogor with Damage 6 on a 6 to hit, with one of the weirdest profile characteristics in the game: rend 3. That type of stuff is what I loved, even if my Tyrant died below a cloud of arrows because there wasn't Look Out Sir at that time.

(note: I'm talking about preKharadrons release, I've never changed my allegiance).

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 6

I dont know. 

While i, too, remember going through the equipment cards and lovingly reading all the names and descriptions i also remember my heroes usually had the same - effective to broken - combination of stuff.

Imho the cool, weird, but potentially broken stuff better stay out of matched play. 

Anvil of apotheosis and path to glory, thats where they belong. 

And thats where they currently are. So i am quite happy ( and could even live with loosing the low amount of herotrait/artifact stuff left in competative play rules) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I think if we have a swift in the pattern it will be tested out first on AoS rather than risking doing it on 40k, but I don't think we will move into smaller waves.

In fact, the current model from 40k is already kind of that. They release new boxes for all armies, it just missing new minis in most of the cases apart from a hero or two. That way, even if you don't have new minis, at least have new discount boxes to fill your armies.

We have already seen small waves in 3th edition :

Sylvaneth : Lady of vines , gossamid archers , spite riders lancers  = 1 hero + 2 units 

Nighthaunt : Scriptor mortis , craven throne guard, Awlrach the Drowner = 2 heroes + 1 unit

Gloomspite : Squig boss w/ gnasha squig , snarlfangs riders = 1 hero + 1 unit 

And mid-size waves :

Ironjawz wave 2 with 5 new kits = 2 heroes + 3 units 

Darkoath with 5 new kits = 1 hero + 2 units + 1 "monster" + 1 band 

So once Ogors and Cities wave 2 are fully refreshed/AoS-sified then it seems likely to move on small/mid size waves pattern.   

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Koala said:

While i, too, remember going through the equipment cards and lovingly reading all the names and descriptions i also remember my heroes usually had the same - effective to broken - combination of stuff.

That's exactly my point.

You will choose whatever you want, and probably it will be the most borken thing in the list. That will not change. But for people like me, that can't play Path to Glory, it was a joy to play with weird stuff.

Btw, a big 5-players team tournament  finished in Spain. A bunch of trolls, nighthaunts and lumineth on the top. People were pairing Lumineth vs Nighthaunts, until they decided to pair Nighthaunts vs Nighthaunts (LOL).

• Haha 1

I’d be happy for aos to move into a cycle of say 4 releases per year with 5 kits each. 

that would still be 60 kits an edition. 

my other thought this morning is how many kits will go out of production by the start of 5th?

Stormcast vanguard and Extremis - 5 kits

cities - 5 human kits and 10 dark elf’s (dwarves are gone from aos)

gitz (spiderfang ? 2 kits)

ogors ( 9 kits)

Sons of behemat (1 kit)

Sylvaneth ( dryads 1 kit)

Dok (2 kits witches and cauldron)

That’s only 35 kits which is less than we’ve seen gone in any edition so  perhaps all the demon kits after them as I think they’d then be the main leftover fantasy range 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I’d be happy for aos to move into a cycle of say 4 releases per year with 5 kits each. 

my other thought this morning is how many kits will go out of production by the start of 5th?

ogors ( 9 kits)

Sons of behemat (1 kit)

That’s only 35 kits which is less than we’ve seen gone in any edition so  perhaps all the demon kits after them as I think they’d then be the main leftover fantasy range 

I don’t think sons will lose 1 kit 

57 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

ogors ( 9 kits)

Sons of behemat (1 kit)

I am not so sure about Dark Elves leaving CoS before 5th edition unless Malerion is part of the 5th edition box.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am not so sure about Dark Elves leaving CoS before 5th edition unless Malerion is part of the 5th edition box.

They will probably leave the range once malerion is showing up you’re right . Does some old STD kit will also leave the range ? They have a bunch of very old kit yet

2 hours ago, Grunbag said:

They will probably leave the range once malerion is showing up you’re right . Does some old STD kit will also leave the range ? They have a bunch of very old kit yet

of the S2D what leaving is

• Chaos Sorcerer (already have)
  • Chaos lord
  • Chaos on chariot
  • Chaos lord on Manticore
  • Chaos spawn

Warshrine, Vortex beast, Soul grinder and Slaughterbrute are staying they're not in Chaos Warriors

19 hours ago, cyrus said:

I think in 4th edition we will still look at big refresh and release

Skaven is a 17 (!!!) kits refresh/release  

Ogor mawtribes could be  around 10 kits refresh 

Cities wave 2 could be around 5 kits 

Chorfs/Hammers of Hashut could be around  12 kits .

From 5th edition I can see GW moves on small waves only ( except for starter armies )

We should also consider the fact that some Underworld could out of legends to act as replacements for models like the Mantrappers to the Icebrow Hunter &/or gnoblars

File:Hrothgorn's Mantrappers M05.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Looks like the KT box got leaked 5h ago.

Meanwhile in the AoS world...

image.png.333aa7b0658cbcb68ffb57ebaa92bda2.png

I love we don't get major leaks and spoilers for AoS, means I can concentrate on current projects without getting distracted by what's coming. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, cyrus said:

I think in 4th edition we will still look at big refresh and release

Skaven is a 17 (!!!) kits refresh/release  

Ogor mawtribes could be  around 10 kits refresh 

Cities wave 2 could be around 5 kits 

Chorfs/Hammers of Hashut could be around  12 kits .

From 5th edition I can see GW moves on small waves only ( except for starter armies )

10 new Kits for Ogors.

Gluttons.

Ironguts. 

Leadbelchers.

Yehtees.

Butcher (Slaughtermaster I could see being dropped and just buffing the Butcher)

Gnoblars.

Of the remaining kits Id love to see some awesome new monsters for BCR.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

10 new Kits for Ogors.

Gluttons.

Ironguts. 

Leadbelchers.

Yehtees.

Butcher (Slaughtermaster I could see being dropped and just buffing the Butcher)

Gnoblars.

Of the remaining kits Id love to see some awesome new monsters for BCR.

Don't you think that half of the stuff would be new stuff? If Skavens had 17 kits, half would easily be new stuff.

There would definitely be new units for Ogors so existing collectors who don't want to trade up have something new to collect, my guess is Gnoblar Lieutenant, Gnoblar with spears, a Gnoblar on Greater-Mawbeast, and a single Gnoblar on a Mawbeast in an Underworlds Warband that will have the community thinking that a multi-part Gnoblar cavalry kit is coming for the next 10 years but continue to be disappointed when it never arrives.

Edited by Starfyre
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Starfyre said:

There would definitely be new units for Ogors so existing collectors who don't want to trade up have something new to collect, my guess is Gnoblar Lieutenant, Gnoblar with spears, a Gnoblar on Greater-Mawbeast, and a single Gnoblar on a Mawbeast in an Underworlds Warband that will have the community thinking that a multi-part Gnoblar cavalry kit is coming for the next 10 years but continue to be disappointed when it never arrives.

Ogres riding gnoblars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1