The Rumour Thread

45 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

10 new Kits for Ogors.

Gluttons.

Ironguts. 

Leadbelchers.

Yehtees.

Butcher (Slaughtermaster I could see being dropped and just buffing the Butcher)

Gnoblars.

Of the remaining kits Id love to see some awesome new monsters for BCR.

If “ no more resin by the end of the edition” rumors/speculation is true than also following kits should be either refreshed or discontinued:

Maneaters

Frost sabres 

Firebelly 

I would like to see a brand new “ fireguts” unit to go along a refreshed firebelly 🔥 

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Someone's been in the hobby awhile. 😄

Back in my day we had Wood Elves and demanded Fishmen.

These days we have Idoneth and demand Kurnothi. 

Squats are now something you do in the gym.

Strange times we live in.

• Haha 16
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

10 new Kits for Ogors.

Gluttons.

Ironguts. 

Leadbelchers.

Yehtees.

Butcher (Slaughtermaster I could see being dropped and just buffing the Butcher)

Gnoblars.

Of the remaining kits Id love to see some awesome new monsters for BCR.

If i had to guess it be for the box (has to be Gutbuster theme)

• Gluttons
  • Slaughtermaster
  • Firebelly-esq unit like what @cyrus mention
  • A sort of new fast Calv maybe Gluttons on Rhinox or a Mournfang pack refresh

then aside from the box would be

• Yehtee (could be a single big creature or a three man kroxigor-esq)
  • Ironguts
  • Leadbelchers
  • Maneater hero customizable to alliance specific (like the demon prince)
  • Globb Glittermaw
  • One new unit maybe likely a Butcher-esq hero

and Hrothgorns Mantrappers replacing the Icebrow Hunter

little swarms like the gnoblars id can't see update especially since Jungle swarm, Rat swarm are gone and not updated. They still be around the models but not a dedicated unit type

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

@Dragon-knight77 Yehtees becoming one single very large creature and having Gorgers as the units is the kind of Plot twist I live for.

Now that you mention it really would be something quite remarkable to have some sort of Monstrous Berserker Frost Ape. That would get me into ogres very fast, along with a Glob Glittermaw, I loved Greasus as a Character I need an update 😅

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

@Dragon-knight77 Yehtees becoming one single very large creature and having Gorgers as the units is the kind of Plot twist I live for.

Now that you mention it really would be something quite remarkable to have some sort of Monstrous Berserker Frost Ape. That would get me into ogres very fast, along with a Glob Glittermaw, I loved Greasus as a Character I need an update 😅

Blood bowl of all places had that

99850999039_BBYheteeLead.jpg?fm=webp&w=670&h=691

kinda wish that it didn't had pants because that kind of what i would have want the AOS Yhette to be like

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Did we not have one of our Whitefang variants refute an Ogre refresh for 4th? Instead we were getting something "weird".

The second part is true but there has never been any comment about Ogors from a reliable source one way or the other. I'm guessing Ogors will be a year two release in about the timeframe we got Seraphon this edition. If I remember rightly I don't think we heard anything about them until the new year teaser. 

I’ll be amazed if Ogors don’t even get a quaint refresh(and both UW warbands added as generics)

They’re the last on the holdovers list to get AoS love and AoS4 feels like such a love letter to AoS1 right down to Armies of Renown reviving the old Battalions & Regiments of Renown playing with the 4 Grand Alliance systems it introduced that it’s perfect to make a full circle to when Beastclaw Raiders were “released” in 2016 by giving Ogors a bite.

(I am hoping the “weird thing” is super weird.

I got a AoS1/AoS4 theory going that if:

Stormcast&Skaven = Sylvaneth & Khornite refreshes attuned to Ghyran and Aqshy

Fyreslayers = Chaos Duardin, something old into something new

Then we could see an “Ironjawz” release of something small but new(Silent People, Kurnothi, Gholemkind?) and a edition cap off of a new Kharadron Weird-level force for some new & unique to the Mortal Realms 🤞 🌟)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

Damn, I forgot Whitefang said things would get Weird this edition…And then they disappeared. Which in itself, is weird. 

So far, it’s all been rather Tame, Skaven got guns and Stormcast got Pets with beaks. Really boggles the mind to think what tangent the game/lore/releases will go.

Off the top of my Head Weird things to Happen would be,

Return of an Old One.
Sigmar Dies.
Kurnothi get more than 4 models.
They Destroy a Realm
Malerion footnote.
Some major faction joins a New Grand Alliance. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

of the S2D what leaving is

• Chaos Sorcerer (already have)
  • Chaos lord
  • Chaos on chariot
  • Chaos lord on Manticore
  • Chaos spawn

Warshrine, Vortex beast, Soul grinder and Slaughterbrute are staying they're not in Chaos Warriors

We should also consider the fact that some Underworld could out of legends to act as replacements for models like the Mantrappers to the Icebrow Hunter &/or gnoblars

File:Hrothgorn's Mantrappers M05.jpg

Chaos Spawn kit stays in AoS.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Kronos said:

I can see Yhetees becoming a bigger hero and turning into something more scarce in the Mortal Realms.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, Kronos said:

Damn, I forgot Whitefang said things would get Weird this edition…And then they disappeared. Which in itself, is weird. 

So far, it’s all been rather Tame, Skaven got guns and Stormcast got Pets with beaks. Really boggles the mind to think what tangent the game/lore/releases will go.

Return of an Old One.
Sigmar Dies.
Kurnothi get more than 4 models.
They Destroy a Realm
Malerion footnote.
Some major faction joins a New Grand Alliance. 

Remove the Kurnothi from the list. That's more than weird 😄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kronos said:

Another thing that can be more weirder: Non-hero/non-warcry warband for a Daurdin faction. Sounds crazy, but never happened before.

Edited by Beliman
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Sorry, but It is not listed for the Wave 2.

But also a new hero model is indeed being developed for them.

If what was said in the roadmap about HE being delayed is true, and not a joke against rumourmonger as some think, this could have made Chaos go to the front in a bit of a rush way and there are more things waiting for them.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Sorry, but It is not listed for the Wave 2.

I know but apparently there is a kind of wave 3 with Galrauch (not listed either but confirmed to coming back) and the new marauder character Frydal (not listed but confirmed to have a new miniature coming). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

But also a new hero model is indeed being developed for them.

If what was said in the roadmap about HE being delayed is true, and not a joke against rumourmonger as some think, this could have made Chaos go to the front in a bit of a rush way and there are more things waiting for them.

That's why people should stop following "rumourmongers" who produce content just for more clicks : that leads to that kind of silly conspiracy theory when the said "rumors" don't match up with reality.

21 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I know but apparently there is a kind of wave 3 with Galrauch (not listed either but confirmed to coming back) and the new marauder character Frydal (not listed but confirmed to have a new miniature coming). 

Burlock is still MIA:

He is field-testing inventive weapons. He famously loses an arm at some point in his adventures – and both of the weapons the new model is carrying certainly look as though they could blow off a limb… 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Another thing that can be more weirder: Non-hero/non-warcry warband for a Daurdin faction. Sounds crazy, but never happened before.

Monkey's Paw curls, and wish granted: Underworlds Warband for Chuardin

Edited by Snarff
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, cyrus said:

If “ no more resin by the end of the edition” rumors/speculation is true than also following kits should be either refreshed or discontinued:

Maneaters

Frost sabres 

Firebelly 

I would like to see a brand new “ fireguts” unit to go along a refreshed firebelly 🔥 

Yes new Frost Sabres!!

9 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

If i had to guess it be for the box (has to be Gutbuster theme)

• Gluttons
  • Slaughtermaster
  • Firebelly-esq unit like what @cyrus mention
  • A sort of new fast Calv maybe Gluttons on Rhinox or a Mournfang pack refresh

then aside from the box would be

• Yehtee (could be a single big creature or a three man kroxigor-esq)
  • Ironguts
  • Leadbelchers
  • Maneater hero customizable to alliance specific (like the demon prince)
  • Globb Glittermaw
  • One new unit maybe likely a Butcher-esq hero

and Hrothgorns Mantrappers replacing the Icebrow Hunter

little swarms like the gnoblars id can't see update especially since Jungle swarm, Rat swarm are gone and not updated. They still be around the models but not a dedicated unit type

Think the Bloodpelt Hunter will replace the Icebrow.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I can see Yhetees becoming a bigger hero and turning into something more scarce in the Mortal Realms.

I would LOVE the Yehtee to become a single multi part mini. Bigger than a Mancrusher even!!

Your idea that they are rare in the Mortal Realms is perfect. I love that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Yes new Frost Sabres!!

Think the Bloodpelt Hunter will replace the Icebrow.

I would LOVE the Yehtee to become a single multi part mini. Bigger than a Mancrusher even!!

Your idea that they are rare in the Mortal Realms is perfect. I love that.

Think with ogors like Seraphon or new 4ed Slaves VS 2ed Slaves