The Rumour Thread

Btw, I was checking and today's RE will be the 499th rumour engine. This number could be lowered if we remove some REs from posts like BB or LOTR that had some RE inside, but being close to the 500th RE, do you expect something special?

I doubt it. I don't even think GW counts them... but found it an interesting little detail.

46 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

There's been some rumours about Ogre lately or are you just making a wishlist/educated guess of what their range refresh would look like ?

Mostly the later, though @Nezzhil may have heard something. 

On 9/9/2024 at 11:27 AM, cyrus said:

So once Ogors and Cities wave 2 are fully refreshed/AoS-sified then it seems likely to move on small/mid size waves pattern.   

I see a lot of people talking about a second wave for CoS. Is this a real rumor ? Where does that come from ? 

11 minutes ago, Jerser said:

I see a lot of people talking about a second wave for CoS. Is this a real rumor ? Where does that come from ? 

More wishlisting, almost definitely. 

There was mention of a cogfort but the person, who is reliable, may have been joking. 

Here's the rumours that have come from semi reliable sources. 

Chaos Duardin- mentioned by everyone so they're definitely happening. 

Gitmob- At least two kits, hunted by GW themselves.

Underworlds warbands for Skaven, Stormcast, Chaos Duardin daughters of khaine and more. From a pretty reliable source who has been right before. 

A mini doomwheel, maybe part of an underworlds warband. 

Not Rumours - confirmed by GW themselves. 

Slaves to darkness with Darkoath spearhead,

Narrative book

Warclans spearhead; probably Ironjawz focused. 

Army box for Gloomspite gits, probably featuring gitmob. 

Nothing else has even been hinted at by someone reliable. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jerser said:

It's mostly people speculating, but there is a bit of a reason to. There are several things pointing to new cities.

First, I think there are at least some rumour engines that look like they might be cities.

Second, some things are kind of conspicuously missing from current cities. It's strange that we have the fanatics be a big part of the lore, but the old flagellant kit is pretty dated. They were also mostly pretty good when it came to stuff getting removed to have something left to proxy for it without changing the species or being a big stretch. The exceptions for that are the great swords and demigryff cav. Both things have been left without a clear new or old thing to substitute for (as in if you want to run phoenix guard as black guard, both are elves with halberds). I kind of feel like a wave two might contain a heavy infantry and a heavy cavalry option.

Third, the uneasy position with old world. They seem to be removing stuff that overlaps with core old world and age of sigmar. That currently includes the whole of the dwarfs, who are at the moment not even listed under AoS, and just wholly in the old world section of the website. If they are keeping cities as multi species, and want to keep dwarfs as part of it, they need to resolve that. I think people are less likely to kick off if they remove the old world dwarfs if there are new cities dwarfs to replace them. In the longer term there are also stillmthe griffin and steam tank that is overlapping with old world.

So it's speculation, but would make a lot of sense. They could do a lot of that with an ironjaws size wave.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, zamerion said:

For the new gitmob box, do you think there Will be a infantery unit? Or all the units Will be on wolves ?

I don't see infantry in a cavalry subsection of a faction, and of course, all the Gitmob lore that we have they are related to snarlfangs. GW choosed to make them part of the Gloomspite, so that's the aproach they want.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

It's mostly people speculating, but there is a bit of a reason to. There are several things pointing to new cities.

First, I think there are at least some rumour engines that look like they might be cities.

Second, some things are kind of conspicuously missing from current cities. It's strange that we have the fanatics be a big part of the lore, but the old flagellant kit is pretty dated. They were also mostly pretty good when it came to stuff getting removed to have something left to proxy for it without changing the species or being a big stretch. The exceptions for that are the great swords and demigryff cav. Both things have been left without a clear new or old thing to substitute for (as in if you want to run phoenix guard as black guard, both are elves with halberds). I kind of feel like a wave two might contain a heavy infantry and a heavy cavalry option.

Third, the uneasy position with old world. They seem to be removing stuff that overlaps with core old world and age of sigmar. That currently includes the whole of the dwarfs, who are at the moment not even listed under AoS, and just wholly in the old world section of the website. If they are keeping cities as multi species, and want to keep dwarfs as part of it, they need to resolve that. I think people are less likely to kick off if they remove the old world dwarfs if there are new cities dwarfs to replace them. In the longer term there are also stillmthe griffin and steam tank that is overlapping with old world.

So it's speculation, but would make a lot of sense. They could do a lot of that with an ironjaws size wave.

If I change all the "fanatical part" to River temple and Tyrion for "lack of units" sounds like the Lumineth 2ed players to me.

The speculation is because CoS players feel they are the main protagonist now, when they were the pushed faction that we always have each edition for sales purpoise. Poor naive players.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

If I change all the "fanatical part" to River temple and Tyrion for "lack of units" sounds like the Lumineth 2ed players to me.

The speculation is because CoS players feel they are the main protagonist now, when they were the pushed faction that we always have each edition for sales purpoise. Poor naive players.

I think the Dwarfs as they currently stand in COS will be removed in the next battletome. Whether thats straight up wipe, refreshed or something inbetween I don't know. 

GW has at least been pretty consistent with giving rules to squatted models so they will probably still be playable for a while. 

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

A mini doomwheel, maybe part of an underworlds warband. 

I presumed this was the Doom-Flayer models because what else could a mini-Doomwheel look like really. We already have a rat in a warhammer hamster wheel, and now we have an (updated) rat on a warhammer lawn mower.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerser said:

It is not just wishlisting and speculation as someone said but we have  couple of solid points:

1) Whitefang back me up , a reliable TGA rumormonger , hinted that Cogfort is actually coming

2) Beginning of the next year with the ToW Empire release at least 3 CoS kits are leaving the range (Steam tank, Flagellants ,Griffon) and likely replaced by something CoS equivalent ( Cogfort , Zealots, ???) when new BT drops.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, zamerion said:

For the new gitmob box, do you think there Will be a infantery unit? Or all the units Will be on wolves ?

We may see something akin to the nasty skulkers but sadly I don't forsee full on infantry sadly. 

Hope to be wrong but time will tell. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

I think the Dwarfs as they currently stand in COS will be removed in the next battletome. Whether thats straight up wipe, refreshed or something inbetween I don't know. 

GW has at least been pretty consistent with giving rules to squatted models so they will probably still be playable for a while. 

True but i feel like they should have put in the list of subfaction leaving like they did with Bonesplitterz and Warcry S2D so maybe it they're way of saying they just integrate them later in like Ironweld stuff

36 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

I presumed this was the Doom-Flayer models because what else could a mini-Doomwheel look like really. We already have a rat in a warhammer hamster wheel, and now we have an (updated) rat on a warhammer lawn mower.

Could just be a rat running on a mini-doomwheel in Underworlds to go along with those "new wolf rats" Singapore mention that was the only outlier of his leaks

33 minutes ago, cyrus said:

It is not just wishlisting and speculation as someone said but we have  couple of solid points:

1) Whitefang back me up , a reliable TGA rumormonger , hinted that Cogfort is actually coming

2) Beginning of the next year with the ToW Empire release at least 3 CoS kits are leaving the range (Steam tank, Flagellants ,Griffon) and likely replaced by something CoS equivalent ( Cogfort , Zealots, ???) when new BT drops.

Should also mention there a possibility of subfaction boxes happening like what they did with Darkoath and Ironjawz 

10 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

True but i feel like they should have put in the list of subfaction leaving like they did with Bonesplitterz and Warcry S2D so maybe it they're way of saying they just integrate them later in like Ironweld stuff

Yeah, it is a bit of a weird situation. It would be nice to have news one way or another, but Duardins being removed from sale, and not coming back with a new edition box doesn't look very promising for them.

Also, how long can be an army with a third of its roster unavailable? CoS has to come sooner rather than later to get that sorted. I think this is a case where the replacement/ removal has been delayed but not the retirement from the store due to ToW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starfyre said:

Maybe a really tiny, remotely controlled doomwheel 😁

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2