The Rumour Thread

Just now, Elarin said:

Maybe a really tiny, remotely controlled doomwheel 😁

Given your rep with release dates and someone as being in the know... Skyre exploding RC Doomwheels confirmed folks. 

Maybe it'll be like the old Russian bomb dog trick.

4 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Given your rep with release dates and someone as being in the know... Skyre exploding RC Doomwheels confirmed folks. 

Maybe it'll be like the old Russian bomb dog trick.

It was purely speculation on my part, just not to get anyone's hopes up 😁 but it would be incredibly cool if true 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, it is a bit of a weird situation. It would be nice to have news one way or another, but Duardins being removed from sale, and not coming back with a new edition box doesn't look very promising for them.

Also, how long can be an army with a third of its roster unavailable? CoS has to come sooner rather than later to get that sorted. I think this is a case where the replacement/ removal has been delayed but not the retirement from the store due to ToW.

All of the cities duarden are available in old world boxes, so in terms of the playability of the faction, its better than usual. Normally something is out of stock for awhile, took me a bit to get the drakespawn knights I was after. Right now its dragons, hydras, dark riders and wildercorps. 

11 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

All of the cities duarden are available in old world boxes, so in terms of the playability of the faction, its better than usual. Normally something is out of stock for awhile, took me a bit to get the drakespawn knights I was after. Right now its dragons, hydras, dark riders and wildercorps. 

If they would come with round bases as well I would buy that argument... but they don't.

In fact, with Duardins out of the store (with round bases/ AoS boxes) and the very likely removal of more stuff when Empire launches for ToW, my beat is Summer/ Autumn 2025 for CoS BT as late.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

In fact, with Duardins out of the store (with round bases/ AoS boxes) and the very likely removal of more stuff when Empire launches for ToW, my beat is Summer/ Autumn 2025 for CoS BT as late.

With High elves probably in the Late Winter that quite a wait for TOW but I guess that just the norm. I would speculate late-spring to Mid-summer if we go by previous edition how they gave three major updates in the summer

currently 40k only had three major updates of 10th edition so far but wheather that even relates to how AOS is doing thing is iffy especially with this weird 4 month hiatus

Edited by Dragon-knight77

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

We may see something akin to the nasty skulkers but sadly I don't forsee full on infantry sadly. 

Hope to be wrong but time will tell. 

WHAT IF rumored Gitmob wave are basically a reimagined/AoS classic grots/common goblins ??

It would be weird enough to be Whitefang approved !!! 😉

large.5935d4f4ca164_Bild100.jpg.7a622d30

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

If Gitmob are cavalry only then it might be as simple as 

wolf chariot 

wolf lord

if the wolf chariot was like the big pig then it could easily have a 3 build lord/shaman/normal option or maybe a melee option and a ranged artillery option like the dark elf chariot 

you wouldn’t need much more than that to make it a mini faction like darkoath 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

If Gitmob are cavalry only then it might be as simple as 

wolf chariot 

wolf lord

if the wolf chariot was like the big pig then it could easily have a 3 build lord/shaman/normal option or maybe a melee option and a ranged artillery option like the dark elf chariot 

you wouldn’t need much more than that to make it a mini faction like darkoath 

I think if they're making a serious effort to bring in Gitmob, they'd also bring in Snotlings (they're on the base of some Moonclan units so GW still remembers they exist) and the Doom Diver (probably the only iconic Plains Goblin unit other than Wolf Riders from Fantasy). 

50 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I think if they're making a serious effort to bring in Gitmob, they'd also bring in Snotlings (they're on the base of some Moonclan units so GW still remembers they exist) and the Doom Diver (probably the only iconic Plains Goblin unit other than Wolf Riders from Fantasy). 

Why would they do that? I mean than they basically update the whole O&G army in TOW with AoS budget?

I am all in for a plastic doom diver, snotlings, a new wolf chariot, new basic goblins and etc.. Maybe throw in a plastic bolt throwa too 😄

47 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Hero Heavy Chariot

Shaman-priest on snarlfang

3x2 Small Chariots (gore grunta base size)

Heavy warmachine

That's similar to other army boxes with only elite troops like S2D.

Uhhh. Good shot! And the "rumoured" Warmachine is also there. Looks like a solid guess.

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Uhhh. Good shot! And the "rumoured" Warmachine is also there. Looks like a solid guess.

Gloomspite lacks of heavy cavalry and heavy speed heroes after all the squigs become light units, and of course, a support artillery unit.

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

WHAT IF rumored Gitmob wave are basically a reimagined/AoS classic grots/common goblins ??

It would be weird enough to be Whitefang approved !!! 😉

large.5935d4f4ca164_Bild100.jpg.7a622d30

I like the cut of your jib, humie.

2 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

they'd also bring in Snotlings

I hope not. Keep the comical toned down for gitmob and let the shroomers have em. 

2 hours ago, zamerion said:

I Hope for infantry too.

Same. If not then I'm fully committed to making counts as gloom grot infantry with the snarlfang riders. 

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Hero Heavy Chariot

Shaman-priest on snarlfang

3x2 Small Chariots (gore grunta base size)

Heavy warmachine

My gues is:

10 x existing snarlfang

Shaman on snarlfang

Chariot of some kind most likely a gitboss

Warmachine of some type like doom diver or catapult

Bonus points for a reimagined sourbreath trogg. 

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Why would they do that?

I don't think we see snotings with this. 

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

OH THAT SOUNDS EPIC!!

Besides Tyranids, Ogryn are my favourite 40K race!!

Yeah, I'm excited for this box if true. I think it'll be new nobz or storm boyz kit for orks.

37 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Gloomspite lacks of heavy cavalry

Kruleboyz have none!! 😔

17 minutes ago, Wurgog_on_a_Wyvern said:

Man this kind of release would be so awesome! I am hoping for infantry as well!

👆 +1.

Edit: PLEASE keep the sculptor and style of the current snarlfang kit!! 

Please so hard!!!

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

Just now, Vasshpit said:

I hope not. Keep the comical toned down for gitmob and let the shroomers have em. 

Same. If not then I'm fully committed to making counts as gloom grot infantry with the snarlfang riders. 

My gues is:

10 x existing snarlfang

Shaman on snarlfang

Yeah, I'm excited for this box if true. I think it'll be new nobz or storm boyz kit for orks.

Kruleboyz have none!! 😔

👆 +1.

I mean, design Team is trying to avoid units with the same role, and if we take 40k Index as glimmerings, then the roles will not change with the book, so I don't see a role for a new infantry unit if the Armybox is full Gitmob.

I really doubt that the Armybox contains an old kit.

7 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

My gues is:

10 x existing snarlfang

Shaman on snarlfang

Kruleboyz have none!! 😔

👆 +1.

Edit: PLEASE keep the sculptor and style of the current snarlfang kit!! 

Please so hard!!!

It would be so dissapointing if they add existing units in a brand new army box...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

I mean, design Team is trying to avoid units with the same role, and if we take 40k Index as glimmerings, then the roles will not change with the book, so I don't see a role for a new infantry unit if the Armybox is full Gitmob.

Sadly I agree.

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I really doubt that the Armybox contains an old kit

The 40k ones sometimes do so I wouldn't count it as stone but hope you're right.