The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

and Karandras is "rumor" to be forgotten by the design team so he won't appear in that eldar 2025 refresh so he going for a new record

It was a little odd that he didn't get released alongside the Striking Scorpions. He's my favorite Phoenix Lord, and I can imagine some excellent poses for him, so I am looking forward to him eventually getting a release.

34 minutes ago, Wurgog_on_a_Wyvern said:

Because of the increased size of the armor, id guess the wolf is fairly large, similar in size to the S2D karkadrak? 

Maybe not that big? Snarlfangs are pretty tiny so that would be a huge size increase. That said, I could definitely see a significantly larger wolf for the hero.

7 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes , I imagine the hero will be larger than snalfangs unit .

Don’t forget also that Warcom article states “ an army box and individual releases for the Gloomspite Gitz” : who said armoured troggoths ? 😉 

no problem for me to see existing snarlfangs riders in the army box .

Yeah, probably another 2-3 kits apart of the army box ala Kroots.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Maybe not that big? Snarlfangs are pretty tiny so that would be a huge size increase. That said, I could definitely see a significantly larger wolf for the hero.

I hope so! It would be cool for a snarlfangs expansion and with a bit of luck also perfect useable as Kiknik Toofsnatcha as his mount is an enormous wolf, although he can't be to big as he still is based on a 25x50mm base.

Not my pic, but as you can see they are indeed rather small as here they are based on 25x50mm.

Snarlfang Riders on 25x50 for TOW : r/WarhammerFantasy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

The problem is GWs capacity. They just cannot commit into that.

Of course, they could! Having an additional 40 kits per year is not that much in the scheme of things (Less than 2 kits per faction per year?). Besides, I am not talking about what they should have done in the past, I am talking about how they might approach the massive amount of new production capacity that will be coming online in 2026. 

I've mentioned this before, but I think that Warhammer would benefit from having a monthly Warhammer Preview show scheduled for the last weekend of the month. With 5 sections - 40k, AoS, HH, ToW and an additional segment that would rotate around any of the other systems. 

AoS would have 4 sections Order, Chaos, Death and Destruction showcasing at least 1 kit for each. (Some months would be more significant for certain Grand Appliances than others) (40k would have Marines, Imperium, Chaos and Xenos) (HH - Traitor/Loyalist) (ToW - Forces of Fantasy/Ravening Hordes) 

I would get rid of the presenters entirely and have thematic voiceovers and animated characters "present". Start the broadcast with a trailer/animation. Deep dives on everything that was shown would be presented in articles on Warcom and the preview show would end, leading directly into pre-orders for what had just been shown. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, probably another 2-3 kits apart of the army box ala Kroots.

Yes , Kroots had an army set with 2 heroes and 3 units and then 2 heroes and 1 unit as  as individual releases.

So rumored armoured troggoths could be there ! 😉🤞

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Of course, they could! Having an additional 40 kits per year is not that much in the scheme of things (Less than 2 kits per faction per year?). Besides, I am not talking about what they should have done in the past, I am talking about how they might approach the massive amount of new production capacity that will be coming online in 2026. 

I've mentioned this before, but I think that Warhammer would benefit from having a monthly Warhammer Preview show scheduled for the last weekend of the month. With 5 sections - 40k, AoS, HH, ToW and an additional segment that would rotate around any of the other systems. 

AoS would have 4 sections Order, Chaos, Death and Destruction showcasing at least 1 kit for each. (Some months would be more significant for certain Grand Appliances than others) (40k would have Marines, Imperium, Chaos and Xenos) (HH - Traitor/Loyalist) (ToW - Forces of Fantasy/Ravening Hordes) 

I would get rid of the presenters entirely and have thematic voiceovers and animated characters "present". Start the broadcast with a trailer/animation. Deep dives on everything that was shown would be presented in articles on Warcom and the preview show would end, leading directly into pre-orders for what had just been shown. 

I am not saying that I don't like it, just I think it is a utopia. Hopefully I am wrong and we can have more AoS releases.

In fact, I want to do some research, once I have more free time, in line with this discussion. I want to see how many kits got released during the 3rd edition as a whole. Everything. Heroes, suits, scenery, incarnates incarnate... and see if it would be able to cover the release a week for AoS you mentioned.

I want to see how it would look considering it would imply no dual boxes nor big releases with narrative books. Purely out of curiosity.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hollow said:

One of the cool (albeit frustrating at times) aspects of AoS, is that whilst it is in a good state, it is also laden with so much potential. Nearly every faction could receive many kits, which could go in several directions, and make perfect thematic sense. Each Grand Alliance could add several entirely new factions or off-shoots of current ones and again, make perfect thematic sense. 

This potential provides fertile ground for speculation, but I can't help but feel that too many of the factions are sitting in a kind of "half-baked" state. July next year will mark AoS's 10th anniversary (I suspect that might be around the time we see Chorfs) and If you had asked me 10 years ago, will AoS still be "supporting" the range of Fantasy Dark Elf kits, I would have baulked at the idea. Yet here we are. 

There has to be a reason why GW leaves one or two "straggler kits" within ranges even when giving them large updates. The most recent egregious example is the Night Runners for Skaven. Nearly a decade into the new setting, as the primary antagonists of 4th edition, with 19 brand new (and updated) kits, you leave that 20+ year-old carbuncle as part of the range? Why? I just don't get it. 

Im imagining their leaving the likes of Night Runners, Grave Guards and Saraus Guard for Warcry. Why? Who knows but its a good way to update a single unit in an 'elite role' for the setting.

A-rumoured Troggoths.

They better be!!

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Im imagining their leaving the likes of Night Runners, Grave Guards and Saraus Guard for Warcry. Why? Who knows but its a good way to update a single unit in an 'elite role' for the setting.

Honestly, with the Underworld Warbands showing up as generic units, those can as well be certain elite forces.

A-rumoured Troggoths.

Idk if they will. I'm always down for more troggs minus the dank style but rockgut are pretty tanky. Almost too much as currently a lot of top tables are featuring heavy rockgut lists. 

I'd love to be wrong. 

One of the solid rumorereres here mentioned seeing a toll with catapult on its back but thought it was from the hobbit line but what if it's actually gitmob!! Heh. 

Time will tell. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Idk if they will. I'm always down for more troggs minus the dank style but rockgut are pretty tanky. Almost too much as currently a lot of top tables are featuring heavy rockgut lists. 

I'd love to be wrong. 

One of the solid rumorereres here mentioned seeing a toll with catapult on its back but thought it was from the hobbit line but what if it's actually gitmob!! Heh. 

Time will tell. 

That seems a new rumour?

Would be cool and it looks different enough compared to TOW.

I know AoW has done one a while ago, although it's not on his back. Still a cool concept.

goblingitlauncher-1-mmf.jpg

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

That seems a new rumour?

Would be cool and it looks different enough compared to TOW.

I know AoW has done one a while ago, although it's not on his back. Still a cool concept.

goblingitlauncher-1-mmf.jpg

It was a quick mention from awhile  ago by one of them and cant recall who but it was overshadowed by all the new edition stuff going on. 

The sculptor here from avatars is one of the older Geedubs sculptors if I'm not mistaken, yeah? I think he's responsible for quite a bit of the currently available TOW Os &Gs stuff?

Regardless,  cool sculpt. 🤘

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

It was a quick mention from awhile  ago by one of them and cant recall who but it was overshadowed by all the new edition stuff going on. 

The sculptor here from avatars is one of the older Geedubs sculptors if I'm not mistaken, yeah? I think he's responsible for quite a bit of the currently available TOW Os &Gs stuff?

Regardless,  cool sculpt. 🤘

Yeah, he did a couple of sculpts for GW. One of them is the iconic dwarf resting on his axe. Now he is doing a crazy amount of O&G stuff. He is making the O&G army look good in TOW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

I'd love to be wrong. 

Time will tell. 

Yes , It was Whitefang back me up that rumored February  BOC discontinuation and Troll catapult for middlearth /battle of five armies .

BUT in Gloomspite faction focus /Bad moon warscroll  there was a mention of " non war machine" unit which it is kind of strange since Gitz have not war machine at the moment ....

xdK8IK1FL6XGxO3u.jpg

Edited by cyrus
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes , It was Whitefang back me up that rumored February  BOC discontinuation and Troll catapult for middlearth /battle of five armies .

BUT in Gloomspite faction focus /Bad moon warscroll  there was a mention of " non war machine" unit which it is kind of strange since Gitz have not war machine at the moment ....

xdK8IK1FL6XGxO3u.jpg

I think, as he has been accurate so far, the troll will be for LOTR as he said, and the warmachines will come from the Gitmob expansion.

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

xdK8IK1FL6XGxO3u.jpg

What's interesting about that is it shows the general intention to future proof the rules in the index right? Because they could have easily added that keyword in when the battletome was released alongside a potential warmachine kit. Unless of course it was already meant to have been launched... 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But having a troll for TLOR doesn't mean we cannot have the armoured troll rumoured by the main Whitefang, IIRC.

I don't think it was technically rumored by the fang. There was some posts I had made about armoring up rockguts to match the gitmob aesthetic among a myriad of other things on the post that was liked.

Unless I'm missing something I think folks took that one and ran with it. Then that short story about Skaggy and the rats had a quick mention of personal armored trogg bodyguard in it so there was that. But I think this particular one is more speculative than solid. 

Idk how to find or look at old posts or I'd link them.  Anyone care to explain I'd gladly post the two posts that were liked I'm referring to as I'm more than happy to stoke the flames of any destro rumor fires. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Unless of course it was already meant to have been launched... 

I think this was the case and real world events allowed for only snarlfang riders to be released. 

Who really knows?

All I know is this is the most excited I've been for future releases since Kruleboyz!! And the very fact that the snarlfang are the same sculptor(s) as the Kruleboyz grots has got me frothing with anticipation!!

Please keep those same ones for these future releases!! 🤞

Peak grot depiction imo. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I don't think it was technically rumored by the fang. There was some posts I had made about armoring up rockguts to match the gitmob aesthetic among a myriad of other things on the post that was liked.

Unless I'm missing something I think folks took that one and ran with it. Then that short story about Skaggy and the rats had a quick mention of personal armored trogg bodyguard in it so there was that. But I think this particular one is more speculative than solid. 

Idk how to find or look at old posts or I'd link them.  Anyone care to explain I'd gladly post the two posts that were liked I'm referring to as I'm more that happy to stoke the flames of any destro rumor fires. 

Oh. The classic Ushoran Rumour Delusion where we go into our own different world were we think something has been a rumour but it is not.

About the search:

image.png.21034c7f6533f8352936c3ddc944653e.png

If you use it in the rumour thread, you will look just on that thread. You can filter by content and owner, if you have more or less in mind what it was.

• Thanks 1