The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Idk if they will. I'm always down for more troggs minus the dank style but rockgut are pretty tanky. Almost too much as currently a lot of top tables are featuring heavy rockgut lists. 

I'd love to be wrong. 

One of the solid rumorereres here mentioned seeing a toll with catapult on its back but thought it was from the hobbit line but what if it's actually gitmob!! Heh. 

Time will tell. 

LOTR or AOS that model is getting bought!!

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Im imagining their leaving the likes of Night Runners, Grave Guards and Saraus Guard for Warcry. Why? Who knows but its a good way to update a single unit in an 'elite role' for the setting.

They better be!!

Considering how they done warcry to AoS, any units that is normal and want to have the option of being reinforce infantry squad are probably not gonna be introduce through Warcry. 

Warcry, the game itself, rather than as a vessel for more AoS releases, requires units with a good degree of visual variety that can be given different roles and stat blocks within a skirmish game system, that's why Gorgers suddenly have a few different weapon options and archetypes in the kit.

Or, more shortly, things like night runners are more likely to appear in warcry than something like saurus guard.

19 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

It would be so dissapointing if they add existing units in a brand new army box...

Normally this is true, but I specifically didn't bother buying wolf riders because they're expensive and have no support, I would not complain about them being in army box with new stuff.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

The Armoured Troggoth comes from a short story. Not all the units shown in short stories become real. Only Snarlfangs in Broken Realms become real, others where only references.

Yeah, if stuff referenced in lore excerpts and short stories were all guaranteed to be real, the Bonereapers would have at least half a dozen more units, including a Necro-Titan and a Ballista. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Yeah, if stuff referenced in lore excerpts and short stories were all guaranteed to be real, the Bonereapers would have at least half a dozen more units, including a Necro-Titan and a Ballista. 

Oh and don't get me started on the "Scrapbag Scuttlers" who were the sky-pirate grots heavily featured in the first Drekki Flynt novel. We got to see what could easily be multiple units, ships, and characters. 

Now that I think about it, there were Ice Troggoths in the second Drekki Flynt book. 

There are a whole lot of gitz out there waiting for models. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Maybe not immediate material, but at least it has chances for future releases.

5 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Oh and don't get me started on the "Scrapbag Scuttlers" who were the sky-pirate grots heavily featured in the first Drekki Flynt novel. We got to see what could easily be multiple units, ships, and characters. 

Now that I think about it, there were Ice Troggoths in the second Drekki Flynt book. 

Peer at my

• Swifthawk agents
  • Multi-barrel dwarf canon
  • Freeguild Musketeers
    • Freeguild with double barrel shotgun
    • Freeguild with guns-swords
    • Freeguild with gunshield
    • Freeguild dwarf with grenade launching blunderbuss
  • Landsknecht greatswordmen
  • Inferno mortars
  • Light cannons
  • Wanderers..........wanderers that or just elf with guns
  • Freeguild steam wagons 
  • Wizards with lasguns (yes that actually a thing look up Prismatik Rifle)
  • Jade Wizard on giant beetles
  • Anti-spell hunting wizards
  • Knight like straight up different Chivalry order of not!grail knights that for whatever reason 2 edition black library had a thing for
    • Guess the Steel rook is the closest thing now

What Are Some UNDERRATED Episodes of Season 1-3 in Your Opinion and Why? :  r/spongebob

wow that a lot more on my list

• Like 5

Good if the troll catapult for mesbg Azogs Legion finally gets released. It’s had rules for 6 plus years and no model.

i had assumed the profile would be scrapped with the new edition but maybe they decided to release the model instead.  Suspect maybe they’ve held back a fair bit of stuff for the new edition as the Angmar supplement was reputedly meant to be out 12 months ago 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Awesome books btw. There are multiple new KO units too (a lot of ships and diferent troops and heroes).

If we ignore Black Library, Grotbag Skuttlers and KOs still have a bunch of units/terrain sets descriptions.

7 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Peer at my

• Swifthawk agents
  • Freeguild Musketeers
  • Inferno mortars
  • Light cannons
  • Freeguild steam wagons 
  • Knight like straight up different Chivalry order of not!grail knights that for whatever reason 2 edition black library had a thing for

What Are Some UNDERRATED Episodes of Season 1-3 in Your Opinion and Why? :  r/spongebob

I find it a bit overwhelming. I am unsure why, but reading that many "Freeguild" in the names makes me think "Oh god, please, no more".

I am hoping the new stuff doesn't go too much in line with what we currently have. IMO the freeguild side doesn't need anything else for the short time. I am hoping for a push on the Inronweld side as long as some duardins (that won't be under the freeguild umbrella 😅).

8 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Peer at my

• Swifthawk agents
  • Freeguild Musketeers
  • Inferno mortars
  • Light cannons
  • Freeguild steam wagons 

That sounds awesome!

For CoS hopefully we know soon if duardin and dark elves stay. I would love to add Dark Elves (dragon and cold one knights) to my army. But don't want to invest money and time if there is a chance that they are removed next year and don't want to re-use them for Dark Elves in TOW.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I find it a bit overwhelming. I am unsure why, but reading that many "Freeguild" in the names makes me think "Oh god, please, no more".

I am hoping the new stuff doesn't go too much in line with what we currently have. IMO the freeguild side doesn't need anything else for the short time. I am hoping for a push on the Inronweld side as long as some duardins (that won't be under the freeguild umbrella 😅).

Personally, if I was wishlisting, I would like to have two more Freeguild units:

An elite infantry unit (Greatswords) and another gunpowder unit that is less static than Fusiliers. It could be a reimagining of Outriders or a more mobile infantry unit like grenadiers. I would love grenadiers, actually, because they would match the early gunpowder vibe of the new Freeguild (grenades are even older than handgonnes) and I think they could fill a good niche for Cities: A more mobile, shorter range, shoot-in-combat gunpowder unit that still has the bodies to contest objectives.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Personally, if I was wishlisting, I would like to have two more Freeguild units:

An elite infantry unit (Greatswords) and another gunpowder unit that is less static than Fusiliers. It could be a reimagining of Outriders or a more mobile infantry unit like grenadiers. I would love grenadiers, actually, because they would match the early gunpowder vibe of the new Freeguild (grenades are even older than handgonnes) and I think they could fill a good niche for Cities: A more mobile, shorter range, shoot-in-combat gunpowder unit that still has the bodies to contest objectives.

I could be completely out of place because I don't play, but aren´t the Wildercorpses with crossbows filling that mobile and short-range shooting unit?

About the elite unit, I think we can fill that gap with Duardins, but yeah. Adding two new units could be the perfect number. I just prefer expansions on other aspects of the army over Freeguilds. Then later on, when most of the "subfactions" have new stuff, we can fill the gaps with minor releases.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I could be completely out of place because I don't play, but aren´t the Wildercorpses with crossbows filling that mobile and short-range shooting unit?

About the elite unit, I think we can fill that gap with Duardins, but yeah. Adding two new units could be the perfect number. I just prefer expansions on other aspects of the army over Freeguilds. Then later on, when most of the "subfactions" have new stuff, we can fill the gaps with minor releases.

Wildercorps are cool, but they play a bit differently from what I have in mind. They are kind of more like a non-reinforceable Fusilier-sidegrade than anything else, because they are also incentivize to sit in place (on terrain) and plink. Plus, of course the aesthetics are different, since they are not a gunpowder unit (and it is my wishlist after all).

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Wildercorps are cool, but they play a bit differently from what I have in mind. They are kind of more like a non-reinforceable Fusilier-sidegrade than anything else, because they are also incentivize to sit in place (on terrain) and plink. Plus, of course the aesthetics are different, since they are not a gunpowder unit (and it is my wishlist after all).

Something like sappers could be also a nice way to cover that role. Similar to the Dwarven miners in some of their aesthetical points, but with gunpowder touches considering they are just humans and will need that extra shooting power to deal with most of the enemies around the Mortal Realms.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, some short of mobile assault infantry. Medium armoured, Pistols or shorter handguns, grenades and swords.

And somekind of heavy Infantry that is armed with great weapons or pole axes.

I wouldn't mind seeing somekind of pike armed Infantry too.

I would prefer these to be human, but probably impossible without losing duardin and/or dark elves.

After reading some Kill Team articles and saw what is their project for "classified Kill Teams for the season", I'm afraid it will the same treatment for the future edition of Warcry, and we won't have the compedium-like warbands anymore. Rather only specific, Warcry boxes-only bands with a turnover with the seasons the same way.

6 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

After reading some Kill Team articles and saw what is their project for "classified Kill Teams for the season", I'm afraid it will the same treatment for the future edition of Warcry, and we won't have the compedium-like warbands anymore. Rather only specific, Warcry boxes-only bands with a turnover with the seasons the same way.

I prefer that, as you know in advance roughly how long your minis will last, than getting a random announcement with a load of them being removed out of nowhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I prefer that, as you know in advance roughly how long your minis will last, than getting a random announcement with a load of them being removed out of nowhere.

Oh I'm not talking about that, I'm saying I'm afraid we won't be able to build a Warcry band picking miniatures from different units of our AoS collection like before. We'll have to follow a specific Warcry box for that.

• Like 1