The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It can become the Chaos Lord + Chaos Sorcerer combined unit, or spllited in two each one with a bodyguard.

I wish GW were not cowards and just sold these guys as a combo pack of a Lord and Sorcerer with two variant chaos warriors as a bonus. Ideally at a discount compared to a two individual foot heroes. But they will probably write rules for them as a singular unit that becomes too points inefficient to be worth using instead.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wish GW were not cowards and just sold these guys as a combo pack of a Lord and Sorcerer with two variant chaos warriors as a bonus. Ideally at a discount compared to a single foot hero. Instead they will probably write rules for them as a singular unit that becomes to points inefficient to be worth using instead.

Yeah, that's the best solution. In third I already used the sorceress as a generic chaos sorcerer and Khagra as a unit champion.

But it will probably conflict price wise with the new chaos Lord or sorcerer on foot that will probably be released with the new BT.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wish GW were not cowards and just sold these guys as a combo pack of a Lord and Sorcerer with two variant chaos warriors as a bonus. Ideally at a discount compared to a two individual foot heroes. But they will probably write rules for them as a singular unit that becomes too points inefficient to be worth using instead.

The trick with Plaguepack is that it's a priest (1) unit with -1 to be hit with shooting and once per game chanting re roll BUT do not count as hero ;) 

So it could be the same with Knight arcanum/Storm coven and  Chaos sorcerer/Ravagers

Edited by cyrus

6 minutes ago, cyrus said:

The trick with Plaguepack is that it's a priest (1) unit with -1 to be hit with shooting and once per game chanting re roll BUT do not count as hero ;) 

So it could be the same with Knight arcanum/Storm coven and  Chaos sorcerer/Ravagers

I'm just kind of worried that those units will turn out like the Fusil-Major on Warhulk, which has a good body, good melee, good shooting, gives ranged units +1 to hit and is a bonus hero, but even with all frequently seems to struggle with his 180 point price tag when you actually sit down and do the math.

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Probably the next one are they with STD battletome 

From US webstore 

O4PX3Go.jpeg

Wonder what Soulblight would be since right now they got Crimson Court & exile dead feature in the website

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

It can become the Chaos Lord + Chaos Sorcerer combined unit, or spllited in two each one with a bodyguard.

Kharaga isn't a chaos lord just a head warrior of the warband but i definitely can see this replace the Chaos Sorcerer 

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I dee what i can do in the week end

I was changing diapers and my mind went all in.

What about a league now that we are starting the edition? We can guess the upcoming BTs warbands or the edition as a whole and check once all the BTs have been released 😄

13 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Depressing that neither dwarf faction os mention there as far as I can see..

Fyreslayers five down from D within red box diagonal down left… Kharadron probably will be in there too that’s just the first I noticed

Edited by Deakz28

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

It is the same day as the Warhammer Day, according to Elarin. We need to get confirmation on how they will do the preview that day.

In other news: next free model in Warhammer stores is going to be a StD Chaos Warrior. I guess that we might see the battletome in October; however, I haven't heard anything specific yet.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If it ends up being a non-hero wizard I expect it to be pretty good. The Plague Pack seems excellent (150 points fur a 10 wound priest with huge board presence that doesn't require an additional drop? Yes please).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Wonder what Soulblight would be sonce tight now they got Crimson Court & exile dead feature

Sons of Velmourn and Zondara’s Gravebreakers. Chaos will probably get the Gnarlspirit Pack. OBR may receive something new or they keep Mir Kainan because it’s impossible to improve on perfection 

Speaking on Kainan, I was reading his lore in the warhammer website and ... 

ir Kainan is a brutal enforcer of the Mortisans, fanatically devoted to ensuring the bone tithe is met – and first to be despatched when Nagash resolved to claim the dues of the Silent People

Don't know if it was stated here before but another hint for them 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

27 minutes ago, Vagard said:

ir Kainan is a brutal enforcer of the Mortisans, fanatically devoted to ensuring the bone tithe is met – and first to be despatched when Nagash resolved to claim the dues of the Silent People

We have had so many supposed hints for Silent People and it all panned out to nothing.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

We have had so many supposed hints for Silent People and it all panned out to nothing.

So many? I only recall one hint in a white dwarf and one mention in an underworld book

Do I miss some? 

40 minutes ago, Vagard said:

He’s from the Underworlds edition that had them as part of the background. It’s not a hint, they’re just the Macguffin that brought him to Beastgrave. 

9 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Yeah, it's just worldbuilding.

It's already a difficult to release all the BT's within 3 years. Chaos dwarfs are replacing BoC. If they keep the edition cycle at 3 years there is not much room to introduce complete new armies.

1 hour ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Khagra's Ravagers were specifically called out as leaving the range in the article. It would be a real GW move to return those.

Same for Skabbik ‘ plaguepack It is all part of Whitefang ‘s weird-plan 😉 

IMG_1693.jpeg.08116fa28350e0e03d18f97bde8dbfd7.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Vagard said:

So many? I only recall one hint in a white dwarf and one mention in an underworld book

Do I miss some? 

Also, I think it is worth noting that some theories say that the content from the WD about them is stripped content from the removed Season of War books.

Also, Chorfs this edition (rumoured for the next year), how long would we have to wait for them? 5th Ed. launching faction? More than 3 years? I don't think we would be receiving teases more frequently about them so early.

Edited by Ejecutor

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Sons of Velmourn and Zondara’s Gravebreakers. Chaos will probably get the Gnarlspirit Pack. OBR may receive something new or they keep Mir Kainan because it’s impossible to improve on perfection 

I meant feature in the website right now is Crimson court and Exiled Dead. Velmourn and Zondara aren't on the main faction website like Khagra's Ravagers

image.png.5c1f89dc4260bc2da7a1e396c755c32f.png

jsut like how