The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

AoS doesn't need a AAA game. It just needs a game that is decent enough to get popular. Like something on the scale of Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus. 

Agree. I had something in mind a bit more indie, like a Deep Rock Galactic but in the sky, minning clouds, and flying around with a skyvessel while harkrakens and kaptin black'eart tries to kill your crew.

But yeah, Mechanicum could be enough.

• LOVE IT! 1

41 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol, not true at all. You are surely joking when you say that Dawn of War 1 was only modest succes in the grand scheme of things. 🤣It was a massive hit. It sold more than 7 million copies (and it was pc only!). The three Total War: Warhammer games have currently sold around 9 million copies. In comparison Realms of Ruin couldn't even reach 80000 copies. That's it. It's an immense flop.

Darktide doesn't have a Space Marine as a playable class and even than it sold 10 million copies! 😉 

Vermintide 1 and 2 and Darktide are from the same developer. It's very fun to kill with a friend hordes of rats. Still Vermintide 2 only sold half of the copies compared to Darktide. It's the same concept and playstyle, fun and great games. Certainly in Co-op. But the one in 40K universe sold double the amount of copies.

Currently Space Marine 2 released a couple of days ago already reached the 2 million sales.

Another thing to remember is that Total War: Warhammer is a pure PC game, compared to Darktide and Space Marine 2

Any sensible game developer will use the 40K IP, instead of the Warhammer IP and certainly the AoS IP. It's all in the numbers. No chance that there will come an AAA game soon for AoS.

Edit: Even Dawn of War 3, which wasn't really great and also a flop, still managed to almost sell 1 million copies. A lot more than 72000 or so that RoR managed to sell.

There are Triple-A games being developed for AoS.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Yes I know. An IP can become popular/ mainstream in time. What I'm saying is that a good game can help, even if it doesn't make the same numbers as other 40k games.

Yes, and a bad game can do a lot of damage to a new IP and this is exactly what happened with RoR.

When you want to use a GW IP and unless you are a big fanboy of AoS. The best IP is 40K. That IP can make a medicore game still a succes sales wise.

The Warhammer IP is also a lot stronger for videogames. Objectivly this isn't true, as a Total War: Age of Sigmar would be as good as Total War: Warhammer. But subjectivly it feel better to go for the Warhammer IP, because of the succes of TW: WH and not for AoS, because of the insane flop of RoR.

The AoS IP for videogames got a hit because of the flop of RoR. The game is bad, but also SCE doesn't have the same appeal as SM.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

We had this conversation not so long ago and someone commented about it. There are 2-3 AoS games being cooked, and one at least, IIRC, was a big one that has been in development for quite a few years already.

Aah, pure wish listening?

The only one I know of is Soul Arena and that isn't a AAA game, but more a tablet game.

4 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Found this image on Reddit claiming it to be Othar the Half-King. 

n5r41vythrod1.jpeg

LOOKS LIKE LEAKS ARE BACK ON THE MENU BOYS ! 

(Finally ! After a long time !)

Such a weird mini. Half NH and half SBGL. Even if I do tend to think it’s NH, a skelly boi would have had legs. Also the baby chainrasp is such a great idea ! 

• Haha 1

While RoR did poorly, I think the idea that it completely tanked any possibility for an AoS game in the future is a bit over-stated. RoR was only released last year, games can take many years to develop. I do not doubt that several projects in development have been scared by RoR performance, that doesn't mean you drop several years of development though. 

• Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

No. There's articles talking about them, just I don't have the time right now to check for the old posts.

That suprises me as you are omnispresent 😛

Afaik there isn't an AoS videogame (except some smaller tablet games) in development. There are a couple for 40K and none for Warhammer (ignoring the TW: WH III dlc's).

Edited by Tonhel

13 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Such a weird mini. Half NH and half SBGL. Even if I do tend to think it’s NH, a skelly boi would have had legs. Also the baby chainrasp is such a great idea ! 

Legs or no legs, if it’s legit it’s going in my skellingtons army.

18 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It's a beautiful mini!

Maybe he will be for a unique army of renown that mixes SBL and NH?

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

It still feels like the best AoS game would be a souls like. It has really beautiful models and designs with a heavy metal style that could work really well. Imagine playing a knight questor travelling the land and fighting terrifying foes. 

Yeah, or like Ghost of Tsushima or the Witcher III. A knight-questor or knight-incantor would work perfectly in such open worlds.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1