The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Othat looks like a Commemorative Kit

Don’t know ! Elarin confirmed Warhammer day miniature to be chaos themed.

Othar could be either black library or connected to upcoming narrative book if rumors about “ Death main protagonist/Nagash return “ are right .

The leaked Othar image seems to be taken from a book.

Edited by cyrus

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Othar could be either black library or connected to upcoming narrative book if rumors about “ Death main protagonist/Nagash return “ are right .

We usually have one or two, who knows...

7 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

I don’t think we’re seeing Othar until we’re well into 2025. Like with S2D once upon a time, sometimes we get a leak really early.

Just look at the (awfully vague, I know) road map. 

March is my guess.

It seems to be due in October 2024 

image.png.73878c6a77bf5a974b133d93a0234e

28 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Grain of salt and all, but I’ve heard that was a mess up by GW and he shouldn’t have been added to the October product release and is still months away. 

I certainly could be wrong. We’ll know fairly soon! 

In this case it could be part of Death release at the  beginning of 2025 ( after Orruks and Gloomspite)

IMG_1700.jpeg.c714dcb00e9c6644bb722dfeef323742.jpeg

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

I don't think 40k will sit this out. It'll probably be a look at the Krieg box set that's rumoured to be coming ahead of the Astra Militarum Codex.

Personally I'm thinking:

New editon of MESBG

Battletome Slaves to Darkness and their new mini, plus the narrative book

New season of Underworlds

Krieg box to wrap things up

I had a look and yeah there's supposed to be an MMO in development from Nexon that both they and GW announced back in December 2021. It could be vaporware now but I guess time will tell.

Finally, ty! I couldn't find the data.

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

But he also said that is not sure if it is 40k or AoS. I think Chaos will be 40k, and ours will be Othar.

58 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Grain of salt and all, but I’ve heard that was a mess up by GW and he shouldn’t have been added to the October product release and is still months away. 

I certainly could be wrong. We’ll know fairly soon! 

That would make sense. Maybe it is part of the "Death" section from the roadmap.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cyrus said:

So 20 days to Warhammer day preview and with 40K and ToW paused to next year I think it will most on mortal realms and middlearth .

This is what we got last year https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/14/the-warhammer-preview-online-warhammer-day-2023-all-the-reveals/

To pair that I think we could see :

- AoS :

1)STD BT + Darkoath spearhead + new Chaos Sorcerer/Lord/Spawn ??

2) Narrative book focused on Death ?? with Othar the Half king ??

- Warcry: New season starter set 

- Underworlds: New season starter set Skaven Skryre vs Stormcast ruination ( as per Nighthaunt noob rumors)

-Middlearth : new edition along with new starter set War of Rohirrim : Rohan vs Dunland 

Is there any possibility that they will relese chaos dwarfs with the slave to darkens BT?
You can dream anyway

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But he also said that is not sure if it is 40k or AoS. I think Chaos will be 40k, and ours will be Othar.

Both in 2022 and 2023 there was only one Warhammer Day exclusive miniature and I expect it to be the case this year as well. It just my expectation, though. All I've heard is that Warhammer Day will be on the 5th of October, the celebration is going to be centred around Chaos with a chaos-themed limited miniature and free StD Chaos Warrior minis in official Warhammer stores.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 9/14/2024 at 4:54 PM, Beliman said:

Agree. I had something in mind a bit more indie, like a Deep Rock Galactic but in the sky, minning clouds, and flying around with a skyvessel while harkrakens and kaptin black'eart tries to kill your crew.

But yeah, Mechanicum could be enough.

This is perfect and now I want it. ROCK AND AETHER FOREVER!!

37 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I do wonder if Chaos Dwarves will get a mention in the Prisoners with Jobs to Darkness book. 

Chaos Dwarves had a whole district to industry in the Varanspire up until Katakros invaded. 

It would be an excellent way to begin there teasing after the Core Book.

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

It seems to be due in October 2024 

image.png.73878c6a77bf5a974b133d93a0234e

Hear me out : he's called the "half king" because his mini is half NH and half SBGL !

Genius, I know.

Maybe he's some kind of liaison between the 2 factions so they can work together to better enact the will of Nagash ? Since it's known all Death factions love scheming against one another.

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

Wow. A packed week.

The last Chorf Star Player is coming:

On Warhammer Community, meanwhile, another venerable Chaos Dwarf star player blasts into action, while there’s loads more coverage from Kill Team: Hivestorm.

Also, it is interesting that the masterclass is using the W+ mini.

SundayPreview Sept15 WHPlus

Edited by Ejecutor

8 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

The problem is that, if in fact comes in Oct as the leaks suggest, it is almost impossible that it is coming in a spearhead. It will be either the Warhammer Day event mini or a BL mini.

My reaction stands for thank you for the info, not that I like the info - that sucks! I‘m still angry about not getting the steel rook. 😂

8 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, I have Age of Empires IV on my pc and xbox. I really can't play a game like that on the xbox. I love it on PC, don't like it on xbox. I need a mouse to play a game like that.

I think you and everyone else. 😆I couldn’t imagine playing it with a controller either, that sounds like the worst kind of torture. I’m sure those Hellraiser demons make you play an old Command & Conquer on the oroginal Playstation to maximize your suffering! It‘s a shame that the genre struggles according to various sources, a good strategy game is awesome. 

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 2