The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Thaliontil said:

I guess, but still, I hoped for something a bit more urgent given the state of the meta rn

Is the meta particularly bad? It looks relatively ok to me. Some overtuned stuff, but a fairly large chunk in the fat middle and the worst performing factions not being too far behind (with one exception).

There are some problems to be fair with Lumineth and Nighthaunt seeming to be just too good and KO (and I say this as someone with a small KO army who finds it difficult to build up motivation to paint more) needing some big changes.

KO are such a weird faction that I'd rather they tended towards the weaker side, because a fast moving and shooty army can quickly become oppressive.

I think they could really do with some more units and something to operate in the manifestation slot. I'd love to see a unit of armoured claim defender kharadrons with big shields, and some kind of mad science endrinworks experiments in the manifestation roll. KO also got hurt bad with standardisation of rules. A bubble dwarf being 2 wound is always going to be hard to balance when they come in units of 3.

• Like 2

Presumably Othar is on the October release schedule by mistake and is the hero model to be released along the SBGL battletome as the 'death' release on the roadmap, maybe alongside new Grave Guard. I don't believe it was intended for an October release, or going to be a commemorative model which are usually just variants of the models from the launch set. 

Presumably the changes to the meta would be points adjustments including for cavalry, and the most popular Nighthaunt/Lumineth/Troggoth units, as well as some adjustment to manifestations which I don't believe will be points but a rules change to limit their use (which will naturally land just after I finish painting my Krondspine Incarnate.). 

Edited by Starfyre
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Maybe the book is that weird that recovers the Seasons of War

That would be awesome. Season of War books returning and being something recursive during the edition and with interesting movements in the lore would be the dream. The downside... around 45 € for it.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Starfyre said:

Presumably Othar is on the October release schedule by mistake and is the hero model to be released along the SBGL battletome as the 'death' release on the roadmap, maybe alongside new Grave Guard. I don't believe it was intended for an October release, or going to be a commemorative model which are usually just variants of the models from the launch set. 

Presumably the changes to the meta would be points adjustments including for cavalry, and the most popular Nighthaunt/Lumineth/Troggoth units, as well as some adjustment to manifestations which I don't believe will be points but a rules change to limit their use (which will naturally land just after I finish painting my Krondspine Incarnate.). 

Othar is exactly an example of a commemorative model. We have dozens of examples for both games:

Bawla, the revenge, ancestor wrath, Holga, Anasta, Mudruk...

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Starfyre said:

I’ll one up this theory by adding that maybe Othar will be included in a vs box or a special edition “deal.” After all it’s not like there isn’t precedence for this, since we got Vokmortian in The Feast of Bones box way back when.

5 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I’ll one up this theory by adding that maybe Othar will be included in a vs box or a special edition “deal.” After all it’s not like there isn’t precedence for this, since we got Vokmortian in The Feast of Bones box way back when.

But GW seems to be basing its strategy on Spearhead + Battleforce rather than VS boxes anymore.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Draznak said:

Yes 👍 

So as per Elarin rumours:

Stormcast preorder on 28th September 

5th October Warhammer day preview with commemorative Chaos themed miniature.

October free miniature store will be a  chaos warrior 

October could be full of Chaos preorders as follows ( my take)

5th Oct : BB chaos dwarfs team 

12th Oct : ToW WoC wave 2 

either 19th or 26th Oct : AoS Slaves to darkness ( previewed on 5th Oct) 🤟

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes 👍 

So as per Elarin rumours:

Stormcast preorder on 28th September 

5th October Warhammer day preview with commemorative Chaos themed miniature.

October free miniature store will be a  chaos warrior 

October could be full of Chaos preorders as follows ( my take)

5th Oct : BB chaos dwarfs team 

12th Oct : ToW WoC wave 2 

either 19th or 26th Oct : AoS Slaves to darkness ( previewed on 5th Oct) 🤟

After SCE comes Blood Angels

11 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

KO are such a weird faction that I'd rather they tended towards the weaker side, because a fast moving and shooty army can quickly become oppressive.

Without the basic tools of Manifestations, Spells, Prayers or any other game-mechanic like ressurections or teleports, we only have Melee and Ranged gameplay. The weird thing is that diminishing the impact of our melee just improves our shooting... 

I love how KOs play is supposed to play in this edition with Counter-Charge and Covering-Fire, but I can't believe how GW missed the rest of the points in the Index.