The Rumour Thread

21 hours ago, dmorley21 said:

I don’t think we’re seeing Othar until we’re well into 2025. Like with S2D once upon a time, sometimes we get a leak really early.

Just look at the (awfully vague, I know) road map. 

March is my guess.

March seems legit !

Let’s see if Othar the half-king comes along with the “ most wanted/speculated/rumor engined” new grave guard.

2024-06-11.jpg

3 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I actually hope we get no new faction in 4e. Use that to expand on second waves for a bunch of factions.

aka give me idoneth crabs GW!

For the Half-KIng, I suspect he is not linked to a greater Gravelords release. 

Do you mean apart from the Chaos Duardin? Or even them?

Chaos Dwarves players buyed minis before Kharadrons ones and are not less deserving than, let's say, Ogors players waiting to be updated. 

Chaos Dwarfs are not a new faction like Silents One would be: they have real players with real minis that are awaiting to play their faction of heart in AoS. 

In the way, it seems to me that they deserve more for the moment than Kharadrons. 

11 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Personal preference: Even them. I can see their place. I can see why people want them. I just think that its better to expand on existing factions instead. For example, I would prefer a 2nd wave for Kharadron Overlords instead of Chaos Dwarfs. 

You would, yes. However, your singular view isn't representative of the whole. It's that, a singular view.

Give me a range of chaos dwarfs that have the same aesthetic as the new blood bowl range and I'll be broke. Madeye's mini is outstanding and looks better than the artwork. 

As with everything though, more views may vary 😁

14 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

Chaos Dwarves players buyed minis before Kharadrons ones and are not less deserving than, let's say, Ogors players waiting to be updated. 

Chaos Dwarfs are not a new faction like Silents One would be: they have real players with real minis that are awaiting to play their faction of heart in AoS. 

In the way, it seems to me that they deserve more for the moment than Kharadrons. 

Don't get me wrong, I WANT Chorfs. But what you said is not completely true. Chorfs never had an AoS army (aka, models and rules) appart from Legion of Azghor (only rules btw). They never had a Battletome apart from a PDF early 2016 and 2018 to update their rules to be playable.

Shar'tor was the only miniature "oficially" released for AoS, but everyone knows that it was for another game... 

And again, I really want to buy, collect, paint and play a full Chaos Dwarfs army. But a fully AoS army that had 2 heroes released since 2017 deserve a lot more (and I can say the same for Idoneth, Ossiarcs, Khainites, Ogors, etc...).

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Don't get me wrong, I WANT Chorfs. But what you said is not completely true. Chorfs never had an AoS army (aka, models and rules) appart from Legion of Azghor (only rules btw). They never had a Battletome apart from a PDF early 2016 and 2018 to update their rules to be playable.

Shar'tor was the only miniature "oficially" released for AoS, but everyone knows that it was for another game... 

And again, I really want to buy, collect, paint and play a full Chaos Dwarfs army. But a fully AoS army that had 2 heroes released since 2017 deserve a lot more (and I can say the same for Idoneth, Ossiarcs, Khainites, Ogors, etc...).

Now that you mention Shar'tor (I had no clue about its existence). Would be back when the army arrives?

59 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

What if the DEATH content and all the rumours engines of IDK and Soulblight are not for them, and they are for a new one factions... the vampirates.

I've said many times that one of the very few things that'd result in me relinquishing my Slaanesh horde (temporarily) and starting a new collection would be undead pirates. Yaarhhh

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eldarion79 said:

Azgorh also had an update in 2021 for 3rd ed.
One chorf set is currently available now (for TOW's WoC)

As a Chorf collector, the Hellcannon is not considered Chorf for the most purist collectors, even the design of the chorfs are not similar to the LoA.

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Now that you mention Shar'tor (I had no clue about its existence). Would be back when the army arrives?

It was a FW resin kit. It was an idea of collector characters series that was early dismissed when FW was not allowed to design more kits for 40k-AoS

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So I was preparred for AOS Chorfs to look like anything and have put away the need for big hats in the hopes of just getting some Hashut worshiping villain Dwarves but my god are these Blood Bowl sculpts making me hope they go classic designs

Im pretty sure they stick with some of the classic designs just beacuse they conisder Chaos dwarfs as a legacy faction of TOW wjich we seen three case of them just inkeeping of the classic design with some minor additions

image.png.8ea887dbf03a79f2847930f947a8472a.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1