The Rumour Thread

Just now, Dragon-knight77 said:

Im pretty sure they stick with some of the classic designs just beacuse they conisder Chaos dwarfs as a legacy faction of TOW wjich we seen three case of them just inkeeping of the classic design with some minor additions

image.png.8ea887dbf03a79f2847930f947a8472a.png

A leaker said that AoS Chaos Dwarfs will look similar to old ones. (The same that said that Mammoth will not return but the Skaven Dragon was gonna be a new WoC monster)

• Like 1

Just now, Nezzhil said:

A leaker said that AoS Chaos Dwarfs will look similar to old ones. (The same that said that Mammoth will not return but the Skaven Dragon was gonna be a new WoC monster)

And in the other hand, we have Honest Wargaming saying they will have a cog-like style. Do we know the track record of both of them?

• Like 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

And in the other hand, we have Honest Wargaming saying they will have a cog-like style. Do we know the track record of both of them?

Realistically, Cog-like design can easily refer to not the Chaos Duardin themselves but the design of their warmachines. Hellcannons, Iron Daemons and the like. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So I was preparred for AOS Chorfs to look like anything and have put away the need for big hats in the hopes of just getting some Hashut worshiping villain Dwarves but my god are these Blood Bowl sculpts making me hope they go classic designs

Me too. I'm going to buy Chaos Dwarf blood bowl team gor their design, even if I'm not a BB player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

What is it about the chorfs design that has such a cult following of sorts?

I'm not against it or anything and nor is it my cup of tea either but fans of them are fanatical and I wanted to get some feedback. 

I have always felt the same. Never personally seen the appeal but they are very clearly well loved.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm not against it or anything and nor is it my cup of tea either but fans of them are fanatical and I wanted to get some feedback. 

Some people took the heavy metal aesthetic and made it their personality. 😛

Anyone else having issues claiming their free sub mini? It keeps saying I need to subscribe then if I do log in again it tells me the model is no longer available, the chat people are just telling me to clear my cache and cookies like bro i've tried two different browsers and incognitos now.

frustrations.JPG

order now.JPG

tes1`.JPG

Edited by Kempak

19 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Is the meta particularly bad? It looks relatively ok to me. Some overtuned stuff, but a fairly large chunk in the fat middle and the worst performing factions not being too far behind (with one exception).

There are some problems to be fair with Lumineth and Nighthaunt seeming to be just too good and KO (and I say this as someone with a small KO army who finds it difficult to build up motivation to paint more) needing some big changes.

KO are such a weird faction that I'd rather they tended towards the weaker side, because a fast moving and shooty army can quickly become oppressive.

I think they could really do with some more units and something to operate in the manifestation slot. I'd love to see a unit of armoured claim defender kharadrons with big shields, and some kind of mad science endrinworks experiments in the manifestation roll. KO also got hurt bad with standardisation of rules. A bubble dwarf being 2 wound is always going to be hard to balance when they come in units of 3.

I mean, there is, indeed, a big fat middle, and some strong armies competing in every event (Lumineth in both Hurakan and Battlehost flavour, Trolls, Be'lakor+varanguard, Tzeentch, Glutton horde, Sbg...), which is great. But the utter dominance of NH is absurd. They have a WR which does not compare to anything I have seen in a while in AoS, and they need to be toned down. I do not have the woehammer/Rob's numbers in front of me at the moment, but the level of 4-1s and 5-0s is absurd. Here in Spain we had a big individual GT to get a ticket for Worlds in Atlanta and the Top 4 was crowded by NH. Same thing in another big teams' GT last week. I feel that the meta needs a bit of a change.

22 minutes ago, Kempak said:

Anyone else having issues claiming their free sub mini? It keeps saying I need to subscribe then if I do log in again it tells me the model is no longer available, the chat people are just been d!*ks telling me to clear my cache and cookies like bro i've tried two different browsers and incognitos now.

frustrations.JPG

order now.JPG

tes1`.JPG

When did you subscribe? Is it saying on your W+ page that you can order them?

55 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Well I can only really speak to the updated/refined version in Total War as that was my first real introduction to the faction, but to me they just feel like peak AoS. They're exactly what you'd want in the corruption of a race that's typically seen as incorruptible, that being when they fall they fall hard and far. They push so deep into sorceries that their bodies turn to stone and they're willing to embrace that if it means more power. They create massive machines of death and war like any dwarf would, but that's not good enough so they also bind daemons into them to make them even more deadly. When a dwarf fell to mutation they didn't become a gibbering spawn like the manlings, they became mighty bull centaur stampeding around the battlefield. When a chaos dwarf is dishonored he doesn't strip off his armor and seek an honorable death, he puts on more armor and welds a burning hot mask to his face and goes out to earn his redemption. They're just the kind of over the top nonsense that would fit perfectly in AoS, same as Skaven.

Aesthetically I'll agree that most of the old models were pretty goofy, but honestly if you're worried about that there's nothing in the chaos dwarf range that's any worse than skinny elves with giant cow hats wielding hammers bigger than they are. I'd really encourage anyone who hasn't to try taking a look at what CA did with them in Total War. Sure the big hats are still big hats, but when you line up a full army of the little monsters on a blackened burnt out oily hellscape backed up with centaurs and k'dai and dreadquakes and blow your opponent to smithereens using blunderbuss and infernal guard you'll understand.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Skaven dragon??

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Rob also mentions that the TOW got rejected using Chorfs due to "their pitch being too similar" 

the cog style is defiantly just describing the mechanical demon engines which was reference in Warcry 

Iron Daemon War Engine - 1d6chan

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Other Commemorative models that were named characters too

Fair play then in that case - I was thinking the likes of the alt Stormcast, Bladegheist and Kruleboyz dude when I heard commemorative model. Were they sold through retail as well? It's made it onto a retail price list.

2 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Well I can only really speak to the updated/refined version in Total War as that was my first real introduction to the faction, but to me they just feel like peak AoS. They're exactly what you'd want in the corruption of a race that's typically seen as incorruptible, that being when they fall they fall hard and far. They push so deep into sorceries that their bodies turn to stone and they're willing to embrace that if it means more power. They create massive machines of death and war like any dwarf would, but that's not good enough so they also bind daemons into them to make them even more deadly. When a dwarf fell to mutation they didn't become a gibbering spawn like the manlings, they became mighty bull centaur stampeding around the battlefield. When a chaos dwarf is dishonored he doesn't strip off his armor and seek an honorable death, he puts on more armor and welds a burning hot mask to his face and goes out to earn his redemption. They're just the kind of over the top nonsense that would fit perfectly in AoS, same as Skaven.

Aesthetically I'll agree that most of the old models were pretty goofy, but honestly if you're worried about that there's nothing in the chaos dwarf range that's any worse than skinny elves with giant cow hats wielding hammers bigger than they are. I'd really encourage anyone who hasn't to try taking a look at what CA did with them in Total War. Sure the big hats are still big hats, but when you line up a full army of the little monsters on a blackened burnt out oily hellscape backed up with centaurs and k'dai and dreadquakes and blow your opponent to smithereens using blunderbuss and infernal guard you'll understand.

Spot on.

There's something that's so interesting about a faction, like the dwarfs, who turn all their restraint and focus all their skill at mining and craftsmanship into nothing but the pursuit of power and dominion over all. As you say, it is a fall from grace on a fundamental level which makes them more similar to the Drukhari in 40k in their hunger for power and total domination than other chaos worshippers. In many ways their fall is even farther than the Drukhari since Chorfs push on despite if going too far they'll turn to stone (whereas Drukhari do it live 'forever').

Their brutal design reflects this. The bull aesthetic, the daemonic steam/daemon enginges, etc. Everything is made to serve, one way or another.

• Like 1