The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't know, AoS already has a bunch of toolbox factions with access to all tools the game has to offer.

In general the balancing mechanism in that case seems to be weak base warscrolls, weak allegiance abilities and/or high points.

Or a mix of all of this: high points, meh warscrolls and no tools! That sounds Kharadron to me.

Btw, 5-0 kharadron with 0 ships, aka, no battletraits. /facepalm

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'd love a if new chorfs looked more recognizably ancient Assyrian/Babylonian, but I suspect the safer bet is that they will aesthetically closest to the Horns of Hashut and that one icon from the core book. So bulls and chains galore.

I do think that there are traces of a mild Near Eastern influence (or a fantasy version thereof) apparent in the Horns of Hashut, albeit toned down and made less literal.

Here’s hoping they don’t lose the influence entirely, the aesthetic combination of Moloch/furnace sacrifice with the fires of industrialisation was an inspired decision on GW’s part back in the day.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Could also be part of a big DoK Cauldron terrain piece, that feels like the easy choice for them, though I don't think they typically go for dumping live sacrifices in the soup and it's hard to see what the painter was going for without colour.

3rd Ogor terrain piece just because. 2nd Mawpot in case they feel peckish after lunch.

• LOVE IT! 1

35 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

Hopium, but I really want this to be a morghur Faction model, with someone dissolving in the primordial ooze. Also ...

image.jpeg

If Anyone is dissolving it would be sacrifices in Molten Metal to the Father of Darkness, PRAISE BE TO HASHUT.

- I shouted that… 

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Seraphon tar pit with big 🦕  rising above it?

Warcry terraiin?

Kruleboyz trap terrain 

Gitmob endless spell?

Darkoath mammoth stoping through tar pit?

It necromunda isn't it