The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

What do you guys think, will we see faction terrain and endless spells for every faction this edition? If so, any ideas what they could be?

Cities of Sigmar have had something called a Highscryer Citadel mentioned in the lore, which is a mobile watch tower on a floating island like the Aqualith, for example.

I hope this is the case, but I suspect we will have to wait another edition or two for all the armies to have them all.

For CoS... it is a weird case. Our endless spells? We are not "special", so we could be the ones not getting a dedicated set for endless spells.

For the terrain... it can be anything. I fear, in order to make it "special", it will be the Cogfort, but it could be a big tower with a bell, like the one from the trailer, or even a caravan with supplies.

22 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Unique spells for Cities don't seem that hard to cook up, though I imagine they'd be more 'sigmar' themed than 'city' themed, probably a mixture of spells and prayers like the DoK ones, warding sigil, sanctified ground, etc. the typical cleric/fantasy priest stuff that CoS design tends to dip into.

Stormcast endless spells are already all Sigmar themed. I would prefer if they developed a bit more of a characterization for what "Collegiate Arcane" themed endless spells might be. They are the only mage sthat come to mind in AoS that study magic in what amounts to universities, after all. Should look pretty different than elf or chaos magic, IMO.

Having endless spells be Darkling Covens themed is another possibility. But I don't know how they could be differentiated from DoK end eventually shadow elf spells.

Sure, there are a 1000 potential options, my logic is mostly that it says Sigmar on the front of the book and they like to keep things fairly emblematic with the endless spell kits.  Either way I'd think at least one of the manifestations will wind up as some sort holy warhammer damage spell, that feels like a gimme.

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The APP is updated with the expected conditions:

1 list if you are not W+ subscriber

You need the book code to see everything of the battletime, that includes warscrolls.

You can only see the free content, that it is points and batte profiles for the regiments.

What a stupid decision. Warscrolls should always be free to view. At the very least Warhammer plus subscribers should get to see them. Do they really want to discourage people from playing their game?

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Chikout said:

What a stupid decision. Warscrolls should always be free to view. At the very least Warhammer plus subscribers should get to see them. Do they really want to discourage people from playing their game?

It’s an unfortunate move to how things are in 40K. Their argument towards welcoming new players would likely be the fact Spearhead and Combat Patrol remain free to all. Not that compelling for those who dislike the moves towards boardgame-ifying wargames.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Isn't it too big for a faction terrain?

Have you seen the ridiculous size of some terrain!?

I'm not a fan of the design of faction terrain. Imo it's not very logical. Like apparently everyone fights gloomies right at the entrance of their lairs or now everyone is going to fight stormies right next to their giant eternal deepstriking outhouse?..  

It's kind of silly and not very logical from a warfare standpoint. 

They're cumbersome for transport and oh yeah you have to buy it or you're at a disadvantage. 

Meh... so hard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I am exaggerating (out of real, if limited to the scale of "it's just an hobby", anger for this move) but:

the absolutely normal paywall of 960eur + WH+ subscription to access all the rules for a game...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The APP is updated with the expected conditions:

1 list if you are not W+ subscriber

You need the book code to see everything of the battletime, that includes warscrolls.

You can only see the free content, that it is points and batte profiles for the regiments.

Hopefully Wahapedia will update to 4th...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Yeah . Battletome never been free anyway so it’s not a surprise at all 

I have started to play AoS in 2nd ed. In my comparatively very short experience I have gone from having all warscrolls free online and in the app, to only in the app, to not at all. Tbh, to me this is quite surprising compared to my experience of AoS so far.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Have you seen the ridiculous size of some terrain!?

I'm not a fan of the design of faction terrain. Imo it's not very logical. Like apparently everyone fights gloomies right at the entrance of their lairs or now everyone is going to fight stormies right next to their giant eternal deepstriking outhouse?..  

It's kind of silly and not very logical from a warfare standpoint. 

They're cumbersome for transport and oh yeah you have to buy it or you're at a disadvantage. 

Meh... so hard. 

It’s actually disadvantageous to bring the Bone Tithe Nexus lmao. The benefits it offers are too minor and inconsistent when compared to giving your opponent a giant area to charge 

• Haha 1

On the topic of endless spells/terrain for Cities of Sigmar. 

I would probably like to see prayers as opposed to spells for Cities as I think it fits more thematically for them? 

Burning wheel for Zenestra
Crow and/or musical dooting skeleton for Morrdha
Hammer with lightning for Sigmar

Faction terrain I still hope it's the Cogfort. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

On the topic of endless spells/terrain for Cities of Sigmar. 

I would probably like to see prayers as opposed to spells for Cities as I think it fits more thematically for them? 

Burning wheel for Zenestra
Crow and/or musical dooting skeleton for Morrdha
Hammer with lightning for Sigmar

Faction terrain I still hope it's the Cogfort. 

You sold me with the doot skeleton.

Although I think a giant Gargoylian manifestation could also be pretty cool. Imagine being a Skaven Clanrat just vibing and sipping on a warpstone colada in the back of a battlefield somewhrte and then you suddenly come face to face with something like this:

720X720-medievalbeast-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2