The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

You sold me with the doot skeleton.

Although I think a giant Gargoylian manifestation could also be pretty cool. Imagine being a Skaven Clanrat just vibing and sipping on a warpstone colada in the back of a battlefield somewhrte and then you suddenly come face to face with something like this:

720X720-medievalbeast-1.jpg

Where is that from?

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But you were saying the opposite 🙃

Yeah, ideally all the rules are free and the battletomes become fluff/lore books which cost money. If this isn't possible, than I wouldn't mind to pay a higher Warhammer+ subscription if this allows digital acces to all the rules of all the battletomes.

Now I am just subscibed to Warhammer+ for the mini and the occasional lore/painting video. I don't really care about the animations.

I.e tomorrow I will do my first 40K battle in years. As a Warhammer+ subscriber I used the 40K app for making my army and see if it's legal, but I can't acces the datasheets and other rules (Space Marines), as they are behind a paywall. So I use the app for my army in combination with Wahapedia. I am not planning to buy the codex, but I would happily pay for digital (subscription based) acces to the rules in the app instead of spending almost 50 euro for a book that's obsolete in 2 years. 

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

On the topic of endless spells/terrain for Cities of Sigmar. 

I would probably like to see prayers as opposed to spells for Cities as I think it fits more thematically for them? 

Burning wheel for Zenestra
Crow and/or musical dooting skeleton for Morrdha
Hammer with lightning for Sigmar

Faction terrain I still hope it's the Cogfort. 

I am hoping that they have a prayer/spell for Humans, Duardin and Aelves.

I keep hoping Cogforts will be a unit. Honestly I am expecting something a little more mundane in terms of terrain such as a freeguild barracks or a statue of Sigmar.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am hoping that they have a prayer/spell for Humans, Duardin and Aelves.

I keep hoping Cogforts will be a unit. Honestly I am expecting something a little more mundane in terms of terrain such as a freeguild barracks or a statue of Sigmar.

No more statues, please 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

People are mad at GW? Is it finally my time to shine?

Beasts of chaos! Beasts of chaos! Riot in the streets!

Edit: Fun Fact, if you don't update the app it doesn't change. You can go to the Google play store and click the 3 dots in the top right corner on the Age of Sigmar app page and then turn off auto-update.

Edit 2: updating the app now implies to me that they aren't planning on making any big balance patch any time soon. 

Edited by The Red King
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, The Red King said:

People are mad at GW? Is it finally my time to shine?

Beasts of chaos! Beasts of chaos! Riot in the streets!

Edit: Fun Fact, if you don't update the app it doesn't change. You can go to the Google play store and click the 3 dots in the top right corner on the Age of Sigmar app page and then turn off auto-update.

The downside on that is they could make a change that won't make a previous version work anymore, but it is a nice tip.

For anyone that hasn't updated the app yet they don't delete your existing lists if you have more than 1. You can just create a massive pile of empty lists before updating and they'll stick around for you to clear and build to your hearts content. Only downside is you can't create new lists, so make sure you have enough for all your factions. Can't do anything about the warsrolls getting hidden though. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DinoJon said:

On the topic of endless spells/terrain for Cities of Sigmar. 

I would probably like to see prayers as opposed to spells for Cities as I think it fits more thematically for them? 

Burning wheel for Zenestra
Crow and/or musical dooting skeleton for Morrdha
Hammer with lightning for Sigmar

Faction terrain I still hope it's the Cogfort. 

The burning wheel definitely fits a prayer better than a spell now you've said it. 

All the current generic endless spells fit the wizard orders, so prayers make sense as their manifestations. 

The Battletomes, Gamer Edition, Warscroll Cards, App, FAQ, etc, are just a big fat mess.

The full unlocked suite of Warhammer Apps should be a part of a Warhammer+ subscription.

Physical products should be;

A "Hobby-Book" filled with art, lore, background and ever-green hobby content (£40)

A "Gamer-Book" with all army rules and battlescrolls. (£20)

Done. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

wait WHERE's this from?

Rumoured Othar the Half-King mini. It is supposed to be SBGL, but we don't know if it is a leak from its upcoming release or the Warhammer Day mini for AoS.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TechnoVampire said:

Am I right in thinking that once the battletome’s are released there will be no free GW source of accessing warscrolls? If so that is mad. 

Yeah just screen shots off of man reads book videos which are... sort of a GW source as they keep giving out their books for free to the people that do them. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Yeah just screen shots off of man reads book videos which are... sort of a GW source as they keep giving out their books for free to the people that do them. 

So as far as GW are concerned new (and even existing) players are supposed to buy a battletome for a faction just to see if they like the rules enough to want to get into them? 

Money is the only language GW understands. Spend wisely. Don’t endorse these predatory business practices. The more people spend when they are out of line the worse they become.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TechnoVampire said:

Am I right in thinking that once the battletome’s are released there will be no free GW source of accessing warscrolls? If so that is mad. 

Sadly that will be the case. I expect to have at least a web or two that updates to the 4th edition, so we will have them online for free anyway. Just not coming from GW.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TechnoVampire said:

So as far as GW are concerned new (and even existing) players are supposed to buy a battletome for a faction just to see if they like the rules enough to want to get into them? 

Money is the only language GW understands. Spend wisely. Don’t endorse these predatory business practices. The more people spend when they are out of line the worse they become.

O.

P.

R.

17 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

'Rules for your units are in the latest battletome' is something GW has been doing for over 30 years, back when they were just called Warhammer Armies books. This isn't some stunning new predatory move they've whipped out of their rear suddenly.

True. They are just becoming more and more aggressive over time with this approach.

Don't forget we don't have points now in the BTs, so the APP is kind of mandatory.

• Like 1