The Rumour Thread

If it'd been up to me I would've just called the new skeleton kit 'grave guard' and given them the stats to match, leaving the zombies as the general chaff tarpit for SBGL, rather than leaving two units kinda doing the same job in slightly different ways, but whatever.

I'm most curious at this point, when it comes to new tomes, how much communication there's been between design and rules teams, as 4th edition puts big limits on how many throwaway pet heroes you want to be putting in a list, so sticking with the classic solo hero release for battletomes becomes less enticing.

2 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

If it'd been up to me I would've just called the new skeleton kit 'grave guard' and given them the stats to match, leaving the zombies as the general chaff tarpit for SBGL, rather than leaving two units kinda doing the same job in slightly different ways, but whatever.

I'm most curious at this point, when it comes to new tomes, how much communication there's been between design and rules teams, as 4th edition puts big limits on how many throwaway pet heroes you want to be putting in a list, so sticking with the classic solo hero release for battletomes becomes less enticing.

We also have Endless Spells and Terrain in the equation, so maybe the hero + BT turns into Terrain + BT.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

The new skeletons are bigger than the old skeletons, The grave guard is the same scale as the old skeletons. I have to compare the CoS humans with new SBL skeletons, but I think the CoS humans are smaller than the new SBL skeletons.

But for SBL, the more elite skeletons are smaller than the less elite ones, so that needs to be fixed. 

r/ageofsigmar - a group of skeleton figurines

https://minicompare.info/?freeguild-steelhelm-c=&deathrattle-skeleton-c=

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, cyrus said:

So with Othar the half king being just a commemorative miniature what’s the Death release of the roadmap ? 

1) Soulblight mini release with updated Wight king and Grave guard 

2) Ossiarch 2nd wave with Mortek archers , Pretorian foot hero/Liege Immortis  , Kavalos death chariot , mortek ballista , necropolis titan .

3) Vampirates 🧛‍♀️ 🏴‍☠️ 

IMG_1737.jpeg.953a13d63f5cb166e92fd432eba18e6f.jpeg

Expecting Nighthaunt and Fec to get only the compulsory hero .

Is there no chance it could be an entirely new death faction? They have significantly fewer factions than the other GA’s. 

Regardless as a SBGL player I’d love a second wave to update our few remaining outdated kits (mainly GG and black knights) and maybe fill a few empty slots (such as mounted V-lord) which would pretty much complete the faction, but I’m not that optimistic. 

Edited by TechnoVampire