The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I'm sorry to ruin your party, but AoS will be pretty quick (BT, Mini/s and Narrative book). No clue about Warcry or Underworlds, but I think we will see a Krieg army box tease or the full-range reveal. So my bet is 40k being dominant this time.

I don’t think so because Krieg is coming at the beginning of 2025 so it seems early for a reveal and Blood angels already revealed are coming end of the year (both as for 40K roadmap).

With today’s pre order announcement there are only Stormcast left so they should reveal what’s coming during Fall.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Oh so it definitely going be Chaos Warrior theme rather than Darkoath

Warhammer day going to be

• New Chaos Chosen
  • New Chaos Sorcerer
  • Gnarlspirit Pack return
  • Rework of the Chaos Warrior spearhead box (removing the chariot)
  • New Darkoath spear head 
  • Chaos lord/sorcerer on manticore, Lord, Sorcerer, spawn removed

part me think there going to be a monster as well but usually they they don't do more than 3 models especially a monster

Maybe new chaos spawn? Only monster I can think of that would be Chaos focused that could do with a new model

22 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Oh! Forgot to upload The Photo here

Thanks @Whitefang. Without you I wouldnt have been able to save money for so long to go big on this.

IMG_20240921_133343.jpg

I still remember the old days when we were telling you Skaven were coming and you didn't want to believe.

#onlyTheFaitfhul

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I don’t think so because Krieg is coming at the beginning of 2025 so it seems early for a reveal and Blood angels already revealed are coming end of the year (both as for 40K roadmap).

With today’s pre order announcement there are only Stormcast left so they should reveal what’s coming during Fall.

Saying it is coming in early 2025 could mean the army box will be out in November, as it usually goes out a couple of months or so before the full army launch.

20 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

Maybe new chaos spawn? Only monster I can think of that would be Chaos focused that could do with a new model

Well there some options

1. Chaos Spawn 
    1. New Accursed Cultist Torments : r/Warhammer40k
  2. Refresh the manticore maybe a sorcerer on manticore rather than on foot
    1. Total War: Warhammer Concept Art Manticore by telthona on DeviantArt
  3. Flesh out the old Warcry monsters like new Fomoroid
    1. Tactica: Fomoroids and Sphiranxes! - Warhammer Community
  4. Bring back one of the old chaos warrior monsters like Chaos ogre, giant, dragon, dragon ogre, chimera or Chaos War Mammoth**
    1. Pin page

**I vaguely remember a mention of the chaos war mammoth returning to AOS as the forgeworld one won't be in TOW. But i don't remember if that was in one of those phony 4chan rumor that claimed that Vampire Counts is tooootally going to come back as the core army

Edited by Dragon-knight77

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

They could have so much players from LOTR if they developed it more. It’s GW plastic, and it’s literally my most beloved IP ever. I was whistling the Rohan theme as I was reading the Warcom article. I hope it gets more releases. It deserves it more than whatever Space Marine they put out for 40k and 30k. 

Couldnt agree more mate. And I just finished Space Marine II.

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Thanks @Whitefang. Without you I wouldnt have been able to save money for so long to go big on this.

IMG_20240921_133343.jpg

Happy for you mate!!

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Oh so it definitely going be Chaos Warrior theme rather than Darkoath

Warhammer day going to be

• New Chaos Chosen
  • New Chaos Sorcerer
  • Gnarlspirit Pack return
  • Rework of the Chaos Warrior spearhead box (removing the chariot)
  • New Darkoath spear head 
  • Chaos lord/sorcerer on manticore, Lord, Sorcerer, spawn removed

part me think there going to be a monster as well but usually they they don't do more than 3 models especially a monster

Not to be that one guy, but do we know for “certain” that Warhammer Day is primarily going to be chaos themed? Or can we expect some Death and Destruction alongside it?

3 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Not to be that one guy, but do we know for “certain” that Warhammer Day is primarily going to be chaos themed? Or can we expect some Death and Destruction alongside it?

We know it will be Chaos-themed based on the roadmap, as S2D is the next BT, but we have no clue about the narrative book, neither about its theme nor its GA, if it is going to be based on one. So maybe it is based in Destro and they receive minis with it or it doesn't come with any new mini at all.

5 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

roadmap says Slaves to darkness next & Destruction next year so at the earliest we're going to get announcements in december or November

Images of Age of Sigmar Upcoming & New Releases in 2024

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

In the video I saw a couple of riders, isn't that a new kit?

No the riders you saw are 2 new plastic heroes foot and mounted. They didn’t show any of the new kits which aren’t in the starter set.

but there’s now at they don’t update the riders sculpts now they’ve done the foot sculpts

It‘s kinda annoying that S2D will probably receive a lot of stuff again and the mono-God Chaos armies nothing, who could use a unit or two a lot more. 

…especially because some genius made sure we can‘t ally in S2D units anymore. 🫲🙄🫱

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, MitGas said:

It‘s kinda annoying that S2D will probably receive a lot of stuff again and the mono-God Chaos armies nothing, who could use a unit or two a lot more. 

…especially because some genius made sure we can‘t ally in S2D units anymore. 🫲🙄🫱

I wouldn't say they will receive "lot of stuff". I think most of the stuff being posted is pure whislisting. IMO they won't receive more than one hero.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EthanolMuffins said:

I dont think we get more than one new army (Chorfs) in 4th, I think its gonna be a lot of expansion/updates for old factions, probably see more than one new army in 5th if I had to guess. If I had to guess we probably getting expansion/updates for Fyreslayers (Probably to time with Chorfs), OBR and SBG both seem likely candidates for death stuff early next year, an Ogor update seems very likely and we might see more models for Kruleboyz too.

You left out Gitz, I think we’ll see quite a bit for them as well 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I admit I do find it odd that you can not get the Chaos God aligned Daemon prince in the other factions. Feels like Disciples of Tzeentch for example should have access to Tzeentch version.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I don't have any of mine but I did a search and this pic (not mine) are almost identical to what I did down to even cutting off the faulds from new skellies and placing them on the old knights hips. 

E6biCxKXEAQWTyZ.jpg_large.jpg.d61312574e63cfa266c3318d6b55e951.jpg

was a fun project and regret selling them now. 

These look great! Vast improvement on the originals. Cool idea 👌

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TechnoVampire said:

I’ve never understood their release schedule. It seems unnecessarily limited. Like a faction can’t get a new unit without a book or an entire refresh? I’m sure they did some ****** market research and think they’ve cracked the code for the most profitable schedule possible.

I’d love to see some pics of your conversions of you have any!? 

But factions do get new units without being tied to new battletomes or campaigns. Warcry and Kill Team usually release something new every quarter and it's usually only tied to their box for a few months before just being available.

Do we have any info on the STD release that these predictions are based on or are they wishlisting? Just curious. I mean a Chaos Sorceror Lord and/or Chaos Lord seems likely, but I am not sure there will be anything more, outside of the announced Spearhead of course.

Also for anyone interested in Legions Imperialis a Mechanicus box for that has leaked!

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

But factions do get new units without being tied to new battletomes or campaigns. Warcry and Kill Team usually release something new every quarter and it's usually only tied to their box for a few months before just being available.

Personally, I find Warcry, underworlds, and Killteam some of the most negative styled marketing of new units GW has done  in my memory. I dislike it as much as I dislike the Paywall Hero Boxes that have a Character locked inside a battalion style box for months to a year.

The Issue I have with War ry etc, is that many of these units are tied in either through a Starter set full of terrain, cards and another unit I have no interest in, or when they finally come out the starter set they still come with some cards. I get its marketing tactics, but it’s outright greedy and cheeky. I think it’s why I’m so drawn to Old World and Mesbg lately. I’m usually one of the few that says “well, a carton of apple juice costs this much now at the super marche, so expected that your Nighthaunt are gonna be this much now”. 

But I just can’t get behind tying miniatures down with Cards and Boxes.

IMG_3774.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Kronos said:

they still come with some cards. I get its marketing tactics,

That’s not marketing tactics- Those are their stats and abilities for Warcry and the rules for that are free and have been for a very long time. They’re literally designed for the system, they’re always going to be there because it’s the system they are designed for. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Garrac said:

IMG_20240921_133343.jpg

So the Vermindoom was in relation to your bank account then not Aqshy lol.

Skaven were my main army in the old world from 6th to the end. The refresh has been awesome. What are you looking forward to building and painting first?

• Haha 3

With the possible Gloomspite stuff, do we have any indication of new spiders? Is it possible that one of the upcoming warbands for war/worlds (under/cry?) is new spiders?

(If it is, then that would fit with the way they've done the wolves- underworlds, box of 5, as yet unreleased leader(?))