The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

I've caved to the Cities mini 😅
Nincs elérhető leírás.

Some observations because I want to take some of these things as teasers for Ironweld stuff in wave 2:

• The "musket" on the squire's backpack is surprisingly short, around half the length of a Fusilier's handcannon
  • The pistol on the squire's backpack is three barreled. Glad to see the helblaster living on in the smaller forms

A Marshall just arrived to the town as well!

image.jpeg.c5781e5dc4c45b14e672f56a418dcd0d.jpeg

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

So it looks like Underworlds is going to be set in Embergard's Sewers this time around, my guess the Skaven are trying to sabotage the city as part of their expansion. Meanwhile we have a confirmed Chaos Sorcerer commemorative model inbound, as well as the projected "second wave" foretold earlier this week. I want to say that Kill Team is going to be dark-mech vs imperials (probably AdMech for the mirror match from hell) but that's wish listing on my end. Imperialis has been leaked already, and we might get a Krieg preview.... Have I missed anything?

Does Embergard have sewers? What about the mines under the city? The ones that we saw in the short stories and Reikenor used to travel from Shyish.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I went back and checked out the reveal article for Warhammer day for 2023. They showed off a lot of stuff. Ionus and Belthanos for AOS. Ton of Old world things. I'm hoping we get something similar. Reveals have been very weak in 2024 I would like to see them have a banger to set up the fall, winter hype. 

It was heavy for AoS because it was part of the narrative campaign. We are in the complete opposite side now, with the first BT after the launching factions. If it is not UW heavy, it will be light for us.

29 minutes ago, cyrus said:

So two big questions:

1) If commemorative warhammer day mini is a chaos sorcerer what about the speculated new  regular STD chaos sorcerer?

2) If preview is chaos themed will it be also the AoS narrative book ? 

Would it be too crazy to have a regular Chaos Sorcerer and and second version for the same preview? xD

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Nor focusing just on them, but those come earlier, or most of them. Anyways, we know they will start with SCE and Rats.

Potbelly Ogor and Chorfs for the next two 

Edit: the UW strategy requieres different types of warbands. Elite, horde, Big guy,...

Edited by Nezzhil

33 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Does Embergard have sewers? What about the mines under the city? The ones that we saw in the short stories and Reikenor used to travel from Shyish.

Could be the city was built on the ruins of an ancient city worshiping the Cinder god hence the mines and catacombs leading to the realmgate of Shyish

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Could be the city was built on the ruins of an ancient city worshiping the Cinder god hence the mines and catacombs leading to the realmgate of Shyish

That's what I mean. Rather than fighting in the sewers, they fight in those mines.

• Like 1

So looks like I won't need to keep this dope profile picture for long...

As clearly Choas Dwarfs are getting announced along with Dark Mech, Emperors Children and Old World Beasts with a new range of Minis that will result in renewed interest in their lore and the eventual release of AOS most twisted army The Spawn of Morghur. 
The_Warpgates.jpg?format=2500w
Wait, what is the right balance of hopium and copium? Because I might be having a slight overdose. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Kablamo!

Strange to see Chaos Dwarfs using rats as a delivery method, but who am I to judge.

IMG_3775.png

Wait a minute!!

Now that you mentioned Chaos Dwarfs I unlocked a memory!

FJBh3yINPixFNixa.png

That's one of the RE pending from last year's Advent Engine!

22 minutes ago, Cataphract said:

Idoneth New Stuff When???

Idoneth and Seraphon get very specific shout-outs in the Skaven battletome.

I say specific, because the book mentions races with 'witch-sight' sensing something wrong prior to the Vermindoom and Idoneth are NOT the first race that springs to mind.

Idoneth are mentioned as stockpiling souls due to a paranoia of impending doom. The Slann are also mentioned as waking up from their centuries long contemplations feeling great unease. 

I would not be surprised if we see Idoneth and Seraphon in short order with endless spells and a small wave for each. 

Clans Pestilens was apparently charged with distracting the Seraphon in the lead-up so I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Red Crested Skink unit and at least one Sotek themed endless spell in addition to Temple Guard.

I don't know what to speculate for Idoneth beyond endless spells. Maybe a cephalopod monster or crab-riders?