The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Elbaf said:

Nice ! but i don't understand these W+ minis

You don't have to wait a whole year for them?

If you pay month by month, then you do (it makes sense as you would need to pay for the whole year). If you pay yearly, you just need to wait around a month. I was able to order mine on the 16th of this month and it arrived today.

• Thanks 1

They're pretty crazy for completely hiding the warscrolls lol 

"Hey play our MtG paced wargame where you still have to build and paint all the models that will be obsolete within a couple years. Also no, you can't check out the rules for free online like MtG sorry but that's tough."

Absolutely crazy decision making coming out of this company, and as a consumer I'm never playing a GW game again ngl. I'm not a stakeholder in the company so I'm not making money off this silliness.

Space Marines 2 injected a ton of new people into the hobby who promptly sprint into multiple paywalls for models, rules, subscriptions, etc. Way to build on that momentum, GW. Solid marketing strategy.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Star Weaver said:

I don't know what to speculate for Idoneth beyond endless spells. Maybe a cephalopod monster or crab-riders?

Idoneth have some of the largest potential of any of the AOS Factions. I want so many Oceanic monsters!!

Id love a Cthulu centrepiece type monster. A Krak-Ulu if you will.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Idoneth have some of the largest potential of any of the AOS Factions. I want so many Oceanic monsters!!

Id love a Cthulu centrepiece type monster. A Krak-Ulu if you will.

Idoneth would benefit from being less „Aelven“ IMO. Bring in creatures of the deep etc, that would be cool indeed. Kinda like Sylvaneth. 

• Like 1

Regarding Endless spells - when was the last time an Endless Spell Set got released? I’m not much in the gaming loop - are they still a thing? Apart from Idoneth does every Army have One? 

I ask Because I see Endless spells mentioned ad potential releases here and there but I just can’t recall seeing one on ore order for a long time. 

55 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

They're pretty crazy for completely hiding the warscrolls lol 

"Hey play our MtG paced wargame where you still have to build and paint all the models that will be obsolete within a couple years. Also no, you can't check out the rules for free online like MtG sorry but that's tough."

Absolutely crazy decision making coming out of this company, and as a consumer I'm never playing a GW game again ngl. I'm not a stakeholder in the company so I'm not making money off this silliness.

Space Marines 2 injected a ton of new people into the hobby who promptly sprint into multiple paywalls for models, rules, subscriptions, etc. Way to build on that momentum, GW. Solid marketing strategy.

I feel like they should‘ve released a new Killteam centering on Space Marine 2. With Titus and his bros in the box (not you, Leandros) vs Nids. Yes, it would once again be boring spees mahrines but in that case cross-selling would‘ve been a smart move. And I guess that non-players would easily start KT than 40k. 

Unless of course the KT rules are still as bad as last edition‘s. Then nothing will help. 😆

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Regarding Endless spells - when was the last time an Endless Spell Set got released? I’m not much in the gaming loop - are they still a thing? Apart from Idoneth does every Army have One? 

I ask Because I see Endless spells mentioned ad potential releases here and there but I just can’t recall seeing one on ore order for a long time. 

I think Nurgle doesn‘t have their own either. CoS as well. Soulblight (although Death has general Death-themed ones, so that helps), Kruleboys etc. So a couple of factions are lacking.

10 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Endless Spells and Faction Terrain are kind of linked, and two terrain pieces were released lately. In terms of spells, I think the last one would be the Incarnate.

36 minutes ago, Kronos said:

For a faction? I think it may have been the ossiarch bonereapers over a year ago