The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, cyrus said:

This could be related to Stormcast ruination underworlds band , some sort of devoted of Morrda .

the more I see it and the less i'm confident about it. The painting doens't match with actual stormcast sceme (the highlight on the fabric) and the cape looks diamond shaped, which also doesn't match with rectangular shaped ScE capes. To me it is more chaos related. 

that said, some underworld teams have very specific style and sometimes stands of of their army's style. But my guess is still for darkoath or a later monogod reveal (tzeentch mostly for the feathers)

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Rumor engine bingo for the 5th

Following are linked to KT :

image.png.3c3c25ae3e2f84b4d4e03ce1763aade2.pngimage.png.c0bea5060dddb7e2bfdbd4a7028dec6a.pngimage.png.0afe623491d2445f69dc34e7849aeb8b.png

these two for underworld :

image.png.365b584bbc58456ee3cfb67dc127ca06.pngimage.png.51e8a1fb5d145298323213cd878a5576.png

I find nothing suitable for STD release, maybe the crow feather cloak but I see it more for a darkoath shaman than a chaos sorcerer 

I agree with you apart from the second one. I think we will see it sorted in this preview, but as part of the Krieg reveal/ tease.

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I agree with you apart from the second one. I think we will see it sorted in this preview, but as part of the Krieg reveal/ tease.

Indeed if there is a krieg teaser, some of those RE will be related to them. I also think that this one is related to Krieg, maybe a comissar

image.png.8a1ff12b2f1de7cc882d77fa6833cfc1.png

Edited by Vagard

Just now, Garrac said:

Well, everyone is already asuming the new skaven underworlds band is Skryre. Don't know what niche would they fit tho, since almost everything has been already covered up by the latest wave.

don't think UW teams have to fill any niche. This is more Warcry warband's job. I see UW bands as a bunch of fun minis or a group of people with a background narrative more like a D&D group. 

Indeed previous skaven warbands had a clan theme but it is more an isolated cas compared to other faction's teams. 

I would like to see 1 or 2 engineers with a lot of small units ala troll with his minions. One mini doomwhell, one kamizake rat, maybe a wolf rat, and some other fun and small inventions

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Yes, It makes sense to release a commemorative Chaos Sorcerer for 40K and a regular Chaos Sorcerer for STD/AoS.

"Bane of law" sounds 40k-ish and it could count as 40K release for this preview.

So last call for Warhammer Day preview bingo :

AOS 

1)STD battletome + Darkoath spearhead + New Chaos sorcerer on foot + new Chaos Lord on foot  

2) Narrative book on the aftermath of vermindoom featuring Darkoath vs Skaven (new scenario, new rules)

Underworlds

New starter set Skaven skryre vs Stormcast ruination (as per rumors)

Kill Team 

New set Ogryns vs Orks (as per rumors)

Legion Imperialis

Mech box  (as per leak)

40k: Krieg.

AoS: S2D BT. Darkoath Spearhead and one hero that will change based on having battleforce or not. If we have battleforce it will be a chaos sorcerer and will be "kidnapped" inside the box. If not, a Darkoath Shaman that will be exclusive from the Spearhead. Narrative book, Darkoath (Brann's revenge) vs Skavens. Chariot and Manticore will be gone.

Underworlds: SCE vs Mini doomwheel.

Kill Team: Ratlings, Orglins and anything ending in ings vs Orks.

Legion Imperialis:

Leaked Mechanicum Boxset for Legions Imperialis : r/AdeptusMechanicus

8 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Well, everyone is already asuming the new skaven underworlds band is Skryre. Don't know what niche would they fit tho, since almost everything has been already covered up by the latest wave.

The guesses for Skryre has more to do with that we don't have a Skryre warband yet, while having one for the other clans. Underworlds has been more concerned with primary making sense for Underworlds rather than AoS proper. 

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If we have battleforce it will be a chaos sorcerer and will be "kidnapped" inside the box. If not, a Darkoath Shaman that will be exclusive from the Spearhead. Narrative book, Darkoath (Brann's revenge) vs Skavens. Chariot and Manticore will be gone.

Actually if we compare to 40k, for every BT release there was at least a small hero and he was always added in the new "spearhead" right? If so, the shaman darkoath could work as we know that there will be a darkoath spearhead

6 minutes ago, Vagard said:

don't think UW teams have to fill any niche. This is more Warcry warband's job. I see UW bands as a bunch of fun minis or a group of people with a background narrative more like a D&D group. 

Indeed previous skaven warbands had a clan theme but it is more an isolated cas compared to other faction's teams. 

I would like to see 1 or 2 engineers with a lot of small units ala troll with his minions. One mini doomwhell, one kamizake rat, maybe a wolf rat, and some other fun and small inventions

Also, it looks like UW will have a soft reboot, so who knows what will change and what will be maintained.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Actually if we compare to 40k, for every BT release there was at least a small hero and he was always added in the new "spearhead" right? If so, the shaman darkoath could work as we know that there will be a darkoath spearhead

In 40k they were inside battleforces rather than the combat patrol (our spearhead), IIRC. So we will have to wait and see if that battleforce pattern will be maintained for AoS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

In 40k they were inside battleforces rather than the combat patrol (our spearhead), IIRC. So we will have to wait and see if that battleforce pattern will be maintained for AoS.

Considering that Skaven didn't come with a battleforce, but with a updated Spearhead. I'm not sure if we can expect any pattern. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Considering that Skaven didn't come with a battleforce, but with a updated Spearhead. I'm not sure if we can expect any pattern. 

You can't really count Skaven or Stormcast into that pattern as they were launch factions. Their "battleforce" was basically Skaventide.

We'll see if the 40k pattern continues in AoS when the first normal Battletome release comes around.

The 40k pattern is basically: Army Set with multiple new things and the Codex earlier with the individual releases following later or Battleforce with single hero releases together with an individual Codex otherwise. 
And even then that wasn't always the case as the first two armies after the inital SM/Tyranids releases which where Necrons and Admech got neither of those. 

But every army since got one of these so it stands to reason to expect the same in the future and maybe also in AoS.

And every single new Codex (at least I think so) in 40k also came with a new Combat Patrol in addition to those so every army has two Combat Patrol lists now. 

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Beliman said:

Factions without Manifestations: Kruleboyz, Ironjawz, Kharadron Overlords, Cities of Sigmar, Nurgle, Idoneth, Ogor Mawtribes, Seraphon, Sons of Behemat and Soulblight Gravelords.

So are Endless Spells the exception not the norm? 

I feel like they were a thing during Second edition and have since fizzled out? 

17 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Most factions have them.

They were narratively most prominent in 2nd ed, but I think we got a few sets of endless spells in 3rd. DoK, for example. I believe the original plan was to focus on incarnates in 3rd, but that didn't pan out.

It feels like 4th edition is trying to make endless spells part of the identity of AoS again, at least on the rules side. We will have to see what that means in terms of new kits. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Kronos said:

IMO it is 50/50 and in this edition both Spells and Terrain will become the norm or a 85%.

Btw, the full list of missing stuff:

Order
Cities of Sigmar: Terrain and Endless Spells.
Daughters of Khaine: Terrain.
Idoneth Deepkin: Endless Spells.
Kharadron Overlords: Terrain and Endless Spells.
Seraphon: Endless Spells.

Death
Nighthaunt: Terrain.
Soulblight Gravelords: Terrain and Endless Spells.

Chaos:
Disciples of Tzeentch: Terrain.
Maggotkin of Nurgle: Endless Spells.

Destruction
Ogor Mawtribes: Endless Spells.
Orruk Warclans: Terrain and Endless Spells.
Sons of Behemat: Terrain and Endless Spells.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

All Freeguild firearms are actually now fusil-cannon based. Even the ones that look more advanced:

20240912_081747.jpg.ef8399ae73fdabffcd5a5bdf79c2e4c3.jpg

If you look closely at the Fusil-Major's gun, it actually has a removable fusil in it for reloading, kind of like a miniature version of the Ironweld Greatcannon mechanism.

The new Marshal IMO shows that guns on new Freeguild models will all aesthetically be handcannon-based, but that does not mean that more advanced mechanisms like repeater handguns and rifles are off the table. I would expect the mini-cannon aesthetic to carry foreward for all Freeguild, but not necessarily Order of Azyr and other models.

The gun the major has is more swivel breachloader gun and the matchlock musket of the 16 century than the freeguild handcannons

image.png.228a0788a8a159f9850463cd0cc2edd0.png

image.png.42a9648570169ce48da23d956913a6d7.png

The fact that there a repeater pistol kind show that they can deviate if need be along with the fact that Ironweld next and that the order azyr has a diffrent variation of gun then they're not beholden to that type specially 

2 hours ago, Vagard said:

image.png.b17bf97eff45cea9ab0d62d1ba343422.png

this RE could be related to him then

Could be that Morai-heg Crone seer warband that was mention by the underworld rumors

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

We already got a Eshin, Verminus and Pestilence warband along with the fact that we got that mini-doomwheel rumor

If going to the ruins of Embergard then yeah Battle of Hel claw is all about the skaven pushing up to Embergard cause Skryre is want that sweet moola of Emberstones deposit underneath. Moulder going south and pestilence north

I could see a scout warband army of cyber wolfrats and mini-doomwheel control by a operator 

• Like 4