The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I would love new kits for the OG Mortarchs but I feel like if one was to get a new kit, the remainder would have to get their update shortly afterwards.

I could see Neferata coming in 2025 (To build upon Sekhar's release) Arkhan in 2026 (With the OBR Battletome) and Mannfred in 2027 (With SBGL being 5th edition's launch antagonists) 

22 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Could it be a snippet of a new Mortarch? With the amazing Ushoran, Mortarch of Delusion for FEC released, the rumour of "Death as a big player in 4th" from Whitefang and the ropey roadmap alluding to something significant coming for Death, I can't help but feel that new sculpts for Mannfred Von Carstien, Mortach of Night and Neferata, Mortach of Blood for SBGL are around the corner. Or perhaps Arkhan the Black is back (leading a second wave for Ossiarch Bonereapers) after being Sparta-kicked into the Aetheric void by Eltharion? 

I would love an update of the current Mortarchs to same level of awesomeness as Ushoran and ideally each would receive their own plastic set.

Abhorash would also be cool, but don't know if he is a thing in the AoS background.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Abhorash would also be cool, but don't know if he is a thing in the AoS background.

There’s a few mentions of a powerful Blood Knight. Could be him.

I hope he gets a mini. He’s on my list of characters I desperately want to see in game. Only Malerion and Tyrion are above him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

As chaos is the immediate focus, what rumours are there for incoming chaos?

New Chaos Sorceror seems to be the notion at the moment for STD. 

Ascended Korghos Khul has long been rumoured for Khorne, to the point that many people think we were all gaslighting ourselves

Edited by mawhis117
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I would love an update of the current Mortarchs to same level of awesomeness as Ushoran and ideally each would receive their own plastic set.

In the end our Mortarchs are just new bodies to their WHFB counterpart souls, right? Nagash could have saved Abhorash as a soul.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

The Mortarch sculpts fit decently into AOS. I much rather them spend that design on a new character or one that does not have a model yet like Abhorash.

Agree ! All end times miniatures were basically made with AoS in mind. 

New wight king and new grave guard for Soulblight seems given.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Still expecting that new Bael-Grimnir model that was foreshadowed in Dawnbringers. I hope it's a cool centerpiece.

I'm actually hoping he abdicates and we get his daughter (and heir, as per a WD short story from 2019) on his mount (flamespitter) as both the first runemother model and first named FS character.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'm actually hoping he abdicates and we get his daughter (and heir, as per a WD short story from 2019) on his mount (flamespitter) as both the first runemother model and first named FS character.

A FS player asking for more FS heroes? GW approves.

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

A FS player asking for more FS heroes? GW approves.

As part of a larger update of course, but I think the faction would really benefit from a named centrepiece. Make it a dual build with a generic runemother on magmadroth and more people would be happy. I still want the demidroth cavalry to fit Lofnir lists better.

Actually, even if the update consisted of only heroes I would still be fine. More Fyreslayers beats fewer Fyreslayers.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Porque no los dos? I know FS doesn't need more heroes but if they're getting a significant wave of new models it could be an interesting development to have both of those characters get models. 

• Like 4

Alright, Warhammer Day predictions;

40k: Krieg teaser
AoS: S2D BT, Darkoath hero, Vermindoom aftermath Narrative book
Underworlds: SCE vs mini-Doomwheel Skryre and Chorfs teaser (I want to believe)
40k KT: Ogryns + Ratlings vs Orks
LI: The leaked box XD

Not listing the Chaos sorcerer since they said that it would be revealed in the coming days and up for pre-order on the day of the preview.

Also, sorry for not contributing with my usual Cities-posting. Having a bit of a rough time in general 😅

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Vagard said:

don't think UW teams have to fill any niche. This is more Warcry warband's job. I see UW bands as a bunch of fun minis or a group of people with a background narrative more like a D&D group.

While you're right, I feel like from now on GW is thinking an redoing how underworlds work in its relationship to AoS. Something is changing there to integrate the units better in the main game system, since the plaguepack was already written on the battletome, and those have to be ready one year ahead of schedule.

3 hours ago, Starfyre said:

I don't think it looks like how GW sculpts fire. Neither do I think it looks like how they sculpt smoke, it doesn't match Be'lakor's or say the Plague Packs.

It kind of looks like it's growing to me, the way the tendrils where it meets the wood kind of clasp around it. 

Therefore... Morghur.

I support this idea that now that chorfs are actually coming it's time for beasts enjoyers to rise down and take our place as the new "definitely coming back soon TM" faction.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Garrac said:

While you're right, I feel like from now on GW is thinking an redoing how underworlds work in its relationship to AoS. Something is changing there to integrate the units better in the main game system, since the plaguepack was already written on the battletome, and those have to be ready one year ahead of schedule.

It could be, yeah, especially considering we are seeing a soft reboot.

12 hours ago, Vagard said:

these two for underworld :

image.png.365b584bbc58456ee3cfb67dc127ca06.pngimage.png.51e8a1fb5d145298323213cd878a5576.png

Ok so i got to bring up:

The sword stormcast rumor engine that a stormcast balde and armor alright

But none of the Ruination chamber unit have glove hand (one of the warcry knight questor has) they all have bulky gauntlets

If the warband is the rumor engine then i could see them being some sort of new concepts for stormcast rather then just this unit exanded upon

image.png.cffde532ad6d6aae52dfed7952d3f105.png

image.png.159d765861d7ffac1ddea5893136ace2.png

4 hours ago, Jetlife said:

The Mortarch sculpts fit decently into AOS. I much rather them spend that design on a new character or one that does not have a model yet like Abhorash.

Aborash hasn't appeared in AoS (a few minor hints about a "Blood Dragon"). Whilst the current (triple build) kit for Arkhan, Mannfred and Neferata isn't terrible, I don't think it's ideal to have 3 of the Death Mortarchs (significant setting characters) represented in a single multi-option kit that is a decade+ old. Ushoran, Katakros and Olynder all have new high-quality kits that befit their status within the setting. I think the OG 3 deserve more. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Hollow said:

Aborash hasn't appeared in AoS (a few minor hints about a "Blood Dragon"). Whilst the current (triple build) kit for Arkhan, Mannfred and Neferata isn't terrible, I don't think it's ideal to have 3 of the Death Mortarchs (significant setting characters) represented in a single multi-option kit that is a decade+ old. Ushoran, Katakros and Olynder all have new high-quality kits that befit their status within the setting. I think the OG 3 deserve more. 

I would say they are somewhat low priority-wise but new models for them would be a treat. 😍 It‘s no secret the new AoS stuff wipes the floor with older kits (something 40k can‘t claim for itself strangely). 

I hope those new Chosen are spelled Tzozeen and they are heavily armored sorcerer-warriors! 🤯👻 

Okay, my daily quota regarding Tzeentch warriors has been met, now I can PTSD off. 👏 You know what word I‘m replacing, Sigmar knows it, the God-Emperor knows, the mods do too, oh boy. 😅🫡

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Ok so i got to bring up:

The sword stormcast rumor engine that a stormcast balde and armor alright

But none of the Ruination chamber unit have glove hand (one of the warcry knight questor has) they all have bulky gauntlets

If the warband is the rumor engine then i could see them being some sort of new concepts for stormcast rather then just this unit exanded upon

image.png.cffde532ad6d6aae52dfed7952d3f105.png

image.png.159d765861d7ffac1ddea5893136ace2.png

I would say either a "light" knight questor or a vigilor; it is exactly the same sword. Maybe a knight vigilor? 

image.png.7eefa3de43a6febbb6c0b09285c7b23f.png

Edited by Vagard