The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Seems solid. It appears to me that all the obvious problems have received some attention.

Since I personally enjoy playing with Endless Spells right now, I am glad they didn't completely nuke them. They do seem easier to manage now, though, between not being summonable right after they are banished and becoming easier to banish if more of them are on the field. I also think removing Wild Form from the Purple Sun and Jaws was a good move. That brings their two lores much more in line with the other generics.

38 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I remember around the time that the WoC AJ dropped that the armybox was still available. Or atleast I think it was. I think they just removed it from the GW store.

The online stores I use still have it. The prices varies between 120 and 145 euro.

image.png.bcf791cb1a1626d4d2a6aaa62b52051f.png

They usually go "on last chance to buy" before removing them completely from webstore ; those are listed as "Sold out on line" .

Some independent retailers can have for sure some copies still around.

9 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I have two crawlers and have been waiting for an excuse to field them. I think I know what OBR list I will be building next.

In that case, bring Vokmortian- He’s able to bring 2. Ossifectors can only bring 1 for now. Still a massive buff though. 

3 minutes ago, cyrus said:

They usually go "on last chance to buy" before removing them completely from webstore ; those are listed as "Sold out on line" .

Some independent retailers can have for sure some copies still around.

I am quite certain that GW just removed it. I use the Belgium (English) country set up for GW store. As I am from Belgium it also means a lot of GW stuff is available in English or French. I just noticed that the French Darkoath armyset is also sold out, which seems very unlikely as the French version is always the ones that says the longest available. Be it for AoS or 40k.

That combined with it still available in a lot of online stores in Europe just fuels the thought that GW just removed it. Maybe for repacking the mini's for spearhead or a battleforce box.

It seems very counter productive that the armybox would still be available at GW when they will release a Darkoath Spearhead very soon.

• Like 1

I suspect Nighthaunt will probably need a second balancing pass in the future, but they've hit the obvious pain points well enough.

Slaanesh battle traits are no longer an instant handicap to the slaanesh player, which is nice, it does make things kinda all or nothing, but I think it's probably about in the right spot.

4 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

In that case, bring Vokmortian- He’s able to bring 2. Ossifectors can only bring 1 for now. Still a massive buff though. 

On the one hand, Vokmortian looks really strong for a small hero.

On the other hand, he has a big dumb scary face on his chest that makes him look like a bozo.

Truly a dilemma not even King Salomon himself could solve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

VS boxes and Army boxes haven't really been selling out at all in a while. In terms of Army boxes the last one I remember that lasted until the on-sale weekend ended was Votann. Every other box like it has either stuck around for.momths on the GW webstore or been massively in stock on 3rd party sites.

There's definitely been a change in consumer habits with regards to these sorts of boxes, combined with GW probably prioritising production of them to make sure there's excess stock. But I imagine there's a tolerance for how much excess stock and how often it happens for these sorts of products, especially during this long period of production issues. I mean that's what, 3 AOS Army boxes that are meant to be "Available while stocks last" and the stocks always last, up until and past the actual release is happening. That cannot be something GW finds desirable.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Some pretty good changes in there. 

Unless you play KOs. My list has 40 extra points... but:

• Units can use All Out Defense in my Covering-Fire
  • Priority Target only affects the general and his/her bodyguard within 12"

Amazed at the lack of effort on FEC.  Changing the get onto and off throne… where’s the balance patch?  Points changes minimal as well?  So they haven’t seen or have their own win rate stats?  Can only assume they don’t want to sell any more.  Grumpy. 

Edited by Banksy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Seems like a pretty decent balance patch given how many things it touched on. Couple of glaring omissions, though, like the elephant in the room that is KO's complete inability to interact with the Manifestation game that everyone else gets.

Edited by Acrozatarim

5 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Oh, it isn't perfect of course. Just looking at the positive that a bunch of things changed for the better.

KO are just screwed by a bunch of edition things. General weakening of shooting, lack of resilence, lack of ways to interact with some important parts of the rules (magic) and having their transport rules being shoved into the battle traits are not things that I think will change soon.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I was hoping for some point drops on the boats, given that boats are the KO allegiance ability.

I think KO should overall be slightly undercosted to make up for not having wizards and priests, as well as shooting being weaker this edition.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Blame Jezzails, Lumineth, and all of the snipers previously abusing it. 

I'm not sure that 'literally using the rule as it functions' can be reasonably called abusing it. Glad to see it get scaled back, though - especially since it encouraged the incredibly weird and counterintuitive element of list-building where you desperately wanted to avoid putting more than one unit in your general's regiment, and the strange impact it had on Warmaster characters as a result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Blame Jezzails, Lumineth, and all of the snipers previously abusing it. 

Lumineth abusing rules? Don't tell @MitGas

This is kinda the reason why I'm not a fan of those season rules. Decent for a bunch of models, then some break it in half and then it has to made useless for everyone. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Seems like a pretty decent balance patch given how many things it touched on. Couple of glaring omissions, though, like the elephant in the room that is KO's complete inability to interact with the Manifestation game that everyone else gets.

Don't worry. They'll release a new hero that specifically snipes out the "have to buy these or put yourself at a disadvantage models" so you to can partake in the "have to buy these or put yourself at a disadvantage" game. 😜

7 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Lumineth abusing rules? Don't tell @MitGas

This is kinda the reason why I'm not a fan of those season rules. Decent for a bunch of models, then some break it in half and then it has to made useless for everyone. 

Just don't tell him about Lumineth at all.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'm not sure that 'literally using the rule as it functions' can be reasonably called abusing it. Glad to see it get scaled back, though - especially since it encouraged the incredibly weird and counterintuitive element of list-building where you desperately wanted to avoid putting more than one unit in your general's regiment, and the strange impact it had on Warmaster characters as a result.

Yeah, it's not even just ranged units. That ability was almost universally better than the one that gives conditional rend, even on melee units. But it was the obvious choice on ranged units, since it made Covering Fire a lot more threatening.

The three abilities seem much closer to each other now, IMO.

11 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

That's unfortunately what AoS has turned into. But I aknowledge a lot of people are fond of it, and some like the video game feeling of being supported / "patched" on a monthly basis.

As long as they leave Spearhead alone, we shouldn't have the same issue than with 3rd's complicated status as they kept bloating it with metabalance shenanigans like this one (personnal opinion of mine).