The Rumour Thread

KO just remain a tricky thing to get right, I think, it's a difficult challenge to find the ideal mid-point between high mobility shooting nightmare and peashooter sitting ducks, they've never really managed to hit the sweetshop, imo.  But it also seems like they were deliberately focusing on a handful of factions for more in-depth tweaking, and mostly cost adjustments for the rest.

Also, grumblingly, I've been playing FEC since 4th launched and they're basically fine!  They play perfectly normal, fun warhammer, it's hardly their problem that the top-performers are buzzing around with weird, rule-bending gimmicks or whatever!  ( Though it would be nice if Ushoran wasn't mandatory in every list, at least he looks sweet!)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Are they making emphasis because of them going live soon?

Not especially, they usually advertise something for Warhammer TV on wednesday.

The Hammer and Bolter episode not being like the same style than the previous one is the real news, to me.

TBH, I liked Blacktalon series but it's not like it's great plot. Interrogator was more elaborated, to me. But the pace at which real content of interest is released is not worth taking a yearly subscription. Just one month, you've seen it all.

Edited by Sarouan

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Genuinely excited for a new season of Blacktalon. It was the first Warhammer show that I really enjoyed. 

The first faq is good. They didn't nerf anything too hard but they altered quite a few things that were OP and helped some of the weaker factions. I think they'll need to nerf Lumineth, Nighthaunt and manifestations again but doing it gradually is the right approach. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

KO just remain a tricky thing to get right, I think, it's a difficult challenge to find the ideal mid-point between high mobility shooting nightmare and peashooter sitting ducks, they've never really managed to hit the sweetshop, imo.

It's simole, don't even try that.

Give us melee tools (they are at that point with assault boat and Crit/MW to skywardens).

But that's not enough, we need tools to deal with manifestations, prayers, magic and terrain. And this tools doesn't have anything to do with ranged profiles.

That's our main problem (appart from buying with 320+ points our Battle Traits).

1 hour ago, Sarouan said:

Not especially, they usually advertise something for Warhammer TV on wednesday.

The Hammer and Bolter episode not being like the same style than the previous one is the real news, to me.

TBH, I liked Blacktalon series but it's not like it's great plot. Interrogator was more elaborated, to me. But the pace at which real content of interest is released is not worth taking a yearly subscription. Just one month, you've seen it all.

It will be interesting to see what's the plot for Blacktalon 2.

54 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

Oooooh, now that's an idea.

Vs Boxes, where both sides get Spearhead rules...

In the end it would be the same boxes, it would need just rules for them to be played as spearheads. In fact, it is a solid idea.

I feel like I'm missing something. In the article it says that they

'made Malevolent Maelstrom’s Morbid Detonation mandatory when it reaches six maelstrom points.' 

but it doesn't look like they actually changed anything. If they wanted to make Morbid Detonation mandatory they would have needed to change it to a Passive ability right? Pretty sure I have the updated document since I can see the casting changes and the changes to Purple Sun and Ravenaks, just no change to the Maelstrom. 

Edited by Grimrock

5 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

'made Malevolent Maelstrom’s Morbid Detonation mandatory when it reaches six maelstrom points.' 

but it doesn't look like they actually changed anything. If they wanted to make Morbid Detonation mandatory they would have needed to change it to a Passive ability right? Pretty sure I have the updated document since I can see the casting changes and the changes to Purple Sun and Ravenaks, just no change to the Maelstrom. 

I did not check the old wording again, but in the update document it now says something along the lines of "You must (and can only) use this ability when the Maelstrom has 6 maelstrom points". That definitely seems like it would be mandatory.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

it's this change

image.png.2f5485889fcd554ae67c513cf2307d0c.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

it's this change

image.png.2f5485889fcd554ae67c513cf2307d0c.png

Ah, ok so it's in the Battle Profile & Rules update, but they missed it from the actual Endless Spells document. I guess they'll have to re-upload that one at some point. It's weird that they've put it in the Declare part as you typically have the option to declare or not. Would have been cleaner to just change that ability to a End of Any Turn (Passive) ability IMO.