The Rumour Thread

17 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

It will be interesting to see what's the plot for Blacktalon 2.

I think it would be really interesting if the Blacktalon 2 ends up at the start of the next narrative campaign so that we get to continue the story.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What about introducing other characters like Callis and Toll or Hamilcar? It could be a nice way to reuse them from Hammer and Bolter. Or introduce any other brand new (in the series) character to stay this season with Neave.

Sure, for one episode it can be good. Though Neave and her team are more used as shock troops / assassins than the usual investigation Callis and Toll do. The theme is that they die a lot and get reforged often, using their own ties and relations as a way to not lose themselves completely in the process, so I think the next season will try to focus a lot more on that.

2 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

I think it would be really interesting if the Blacktalon 2 ends up at the start of the next narrative campaign so that we get to continue the story.

I didn't read the book they released after the series, but maybe it could be linked to it or continue it in some way.

Blacktalon (Warhammer Age of Sigmar) by Liane Merciel | Goodreads

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vaellas said:

Now that I think about it one model that could be really cool to see get an update looking at Chaos considering how it can be used over so many different armies and systems is Chaos spawn with lots of customisation items to really get several look different.

Let's see what happen ! I was quite sure that existing chaos spawn would have been moved to ToW and STD was about to get new plastic kit , but it is not listed in WoC returning kits. 

It definitely a worthy kit for STD, Tzeentch and chaos space marines .

New WarCom design is here:

image.png.7a9a44a77d5a40b8847c2d7927ce2b56.png

image.png.7512926048315d046bfed60a57446381.png

image.png.645157e5ec4ec7cc4c7fa0635e6fc316.png

Positives first: I like the labels on the articles and the expanded sorting options when you go to a specific game system.

I don't care about the read timers since they are pretty useless with short articles like this.

But on a whole it feels too cluttered to me. Like they just wanted to fit in all the features they saw on other modern websites without thinking if it would actually improve the website.

I was already using the site on 150% zoom so I wouldn't have the big white spaces on the sides but now the top bar that follows you even if you scroll down also increases its size so I lose space to that and inside an article the right third of space is taken up by other articles so even less space for the content I actually want to see. 

For example this is how an individual article looks like to me now:

image.png.492b815aa03f2c873f0aa1b39b97032f.png

So the part I actually care about is only about 40% of my screen and thats after I zoomed in, otherwise it would be even less.

So my final review is, the main page will need some time to get used to but is fine but I really don't like the articles themself

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

New WarCom design is here:

image.png.7a9a44a77d5a40b8847c2d7927ce2b56.png

image.png.7512926048315d046bfed60a57446381.png

image.png.645157e5ec4ec7cc4c7fa0635e6fc316.png

Positives first: I like the labels on the articles and the expanded sorting options when you go to a specific game system.

I don't care about the read timers since they are pretty useless with short articles like this.

But on a whole it feels too cluttered to me. Like they just wanted to fit in all the features they saw on other modern websites without thinking if it would actually improve the website

It looks clean to me. Let's see how it works when a few days have passed and a real interaction happened.

Also, no new paints with droplets,

5 minutes ago, michu said:

A lot of old articles is gone. Did anybody save the CoS generation tables?

I wonder if they are meant to be or it was an issue with the update. I know when our work website was updated some pages seemed to dissapear so needed to be sorted out as to why they were not showing.

13 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

I wonder if they are meant to be or it was an issue with the update. I know when our work website was updated some pages seemed to dissapear so needed to be sorted out as to why they were not showing.

I think it is an error. Classic web migration side effects.

Edited by Ejecutor

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

Anvilopolis, city located in ulgu and inhabited by sylvaneth, with a darkling covens underground cult, quite fun

Yeah. I did Heldenstone with that. Most of the ending data is even from the first roll 😅

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am so lost now about the Warhammer Day for HH... GW just announced the leaked box, so I guess we will see a tank instead.

Heresy Thursday – The Might of Mars Comes to Legions Imperialis | Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

All our guesses were wrong 😅

not even I am expecting the campaign book like last time now lol

weird a week after it got leak and week before a preview show did management have a stroke?

A few comments - I like the new Warcom site. I like the banner at the top with all the games' "logos". They should have this on the main store site. They have iconic branding for their settings but 40k, AoS, HH and ToW are just in plain white text which is weird. 

Regarding stock and army boxes. GW massively increased stock provisions in direct response to customer complaints about stock selling out too quickly and to combat reselling and scalpers. 

"Inventory provisions increased by £11.3 million to £47.9 million (2023: £36.6 million)" 

Now when things don't instantly sell out or remain in stock, some take it as a sign of failure or the product not doing well. Advertising "While stocks last" tells people it was a one-and-done production run (It is also a marketing gimmick to drive sales)

I'm personally not a big fan of Versus boxes. As invariably there is a faction included that I am not interested in starting. The "Spearhead, Fire & Jade Gaming Pack" was a missed opportunity. It should have included the Fire & Jade book that was in Skaventide and would have made for a great promotional package where you could buy the Gaming Pack and any two Spearhead boxes for a set package discount. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I am so lost now about the Warhammer Day for HH... GW just announced the leaked box, so I guess we will see a tank instead.

Heresy Thursday – The Might of Mars Comes to Legions Imperialis | Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

All our guesses were wrong 😅

So where is the article for “Othar the half king” then ? 

New warcom site is terrible especially on mobile ! 🤌🤌

Edited by cyrus

17 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

I just wish it had a dark mode toggle. It's like being flashbanged on a 4K monitor.

I think the new site is fine, but indeed to much white.

image.png.a6aac3b55017aa4ada2637e474ada695.png

Edited by Tonhel

38 minutes ago, cyrus said:

So where is the article for “Othar the half king” then ? 

New warcom site is terrible especially on mobile ! 🤌🤌

I think we will see it next week. Maybe even it will be used as the Monday mini.

• Like 1