The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, cyrus said:

The point is that it doesn’t make any sense to release a AoS commemorative chaos sorcerer and an AoS regular chaos sorcerer at the same time : so the commemorative one is  probably for 40K .

Yes , I think they will fully reuse Yndrastra one : they’re all 3 year old miniatures.

Let’s see this evening but with Stormcast preorder I think they are coming also some Skaventide miniatures in single boxes : Lord vigilant on gryph stalker , Liberators and Prosecutors ( all in “ individual” sprues)

We are assuming a new Chaos Sorcerer is the one in the release (it is my bet also), but I don't think this would be incompatible with another version on the event one. It would be good for the buyers but not for the company (as you would be able to get one without a big box), so looking at it that way probably you are right.

Another option is a Chaos Sorcerer for the event and a Darkoath Shaman released with the new spearhead. That way both would be covered.

Also, for the Stormcast everything will be released with the Skaventide sprues or a new version apart from the Questor. I find it in second-hand markets for just 9 €, so it's worth picking it up if you like it and don't plan to buy the big box as it looks like will be Skaventide exclusive for the time being.

32 minutes ago, cyrus said:

The point is that it doesn’t make any sense to release a AoS commemorative chaos sorcerer and an AoS regular chaos sorcerer at the same time : so the commemorative one is  probably for 40K .

Unless it is a Tzeentch Sorcerer 😉 (just what I heard; still don't know if it's for AoS or 40k)

• Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

45 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

I would kinda love it to be a Tzeentch Sorcerer with a hood a bird head similar to how exalted sorcerers in 40k have been warped to be more bird like.

Like this Guy? 

I’m not the biggest Tzeentch fan, but this was one of my favourites in that Old Chaos Release. 

IMG_0757.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 9/28/2024 at 10:00 AM, cyrus said:

So WoC wave 2 is up for preorder in NZ website and chaos chariot and chaos spawn ( and either chaos lord on foot) are still available on AoS STD range.

Let’s see what they will reveal  next Saturday for STD but it seems likely that Chaos chariot and chaos spawn will stay . The existing STD spearhead could stay too. 

Chariot and foot lord we need to wait until next book, but they are in a bad position to stay. Chaos Spawn is in the same position as the Arachnarok, and they will stay more time.

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

When was the last time they brought out a miniature that was officially usable in more than one setting?

Well, officially? Cause one could use AoS sculpts of say various S2D units  in TOW for example… but if you‘re very strict, I guess the last release of some Chaos daemon, whichever it was… Slaaneshi stuff? 

I mean minis by that, I know, Slaaneshi stuff could mean very different things. 🥴

Speaking of Sorcerers and their ilk... I noticed on the website that the newly re-branded Chaos Sorcerer for Old World is almost double the price of the re-branded Chaos Lord. That's a bit weird, isn't it? Weren't they similar prices before? 

This is on the Aussie site, incidentally. No idea if it's just a local oddity.

22 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I might deal in hope but yeah, I‘m not expecting any different! 😂

I just want more stuff similar to the Curseling.  

Tzeentch, is after all, both the God of Hope and the God of Dashing Hopes.

Curseling in multiple stages. Regular sorcerer, sorcer with a sentient growth, sorcerer with a minion?

14 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Curseling in multiple stages. Regular sorcerer, sorcer with a sentient growth, sorcerer with a minion?

And then...? The minion becomes the sorcerer, and the sorcerer becomes the minion, and then withers up to a sentient growth... 

Anyone else seen 'How To Get Ahead In Advertising'? No? 

11 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Tzeentch, is after all, both the God of Hope and the God of Dashing Hopes.

... I'd take it! I'm still hoping for something akin to Exalted Sorcerers for DoT as our interpretation of Tzeentch Chosen/ an elite but whatever gives me more cool Tzeentchian armored warriors is fine. 💖 I don't really see DoT lacking anything else outside of maybe a mortal special character (or a Chaos dragon or both! Both is good) but I'd rather get more generic stuff and I think most of our sculpts are okay - yeah, they could make cooler Pinks or a spawn easily now, there's a lot of potential there IMO, but those are bonuses.

We'll see what's in the cards. I'm impatient but my wishes aren't exactly high on any priority list I figure, I do hope I'll get lucky one day tho!

• Like 3

I always Hoped Tzeentch would get a mortal Heavy Infantry and Cavalry Unit (Am I back in the  friends list 😅)

I always enjoyed this Art (as well as the same art of the other gods) And Thought that a Units of Tzeentch Knights on very warped Daemonic steeds would be pretty nifty (see bottom right corner with the banner), I know they got the Tzaangor on Discs, but That just feels different. I also fear what was Old style of Tzeentch has largely disappeared. 

IMG_0758.jpeg

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2