The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, cyrus said:

At this point I think we wouldn't get a new Chaos lord on foot

Actually, it's still possible. It will just have a different name and different options / abilities. Like Chaos Lord with shield and flail or something like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cyrus said:

It definitely seems so ! 

It is . I think it is worthy for hero minis and not very old .

At this point I think we wouldn't get a new Chaos lord on foot and the existing spearhead will stay untouched.

Still some chance for a regular Chaos sorcerer on foot and maybe new chaos spawn ( year 2007) , in addition to confirmed Darkoath spearhead .

Your faith with a new Chaos Spawn is admirable without any rumour engine. My bet is a new thing and the sorcerer is Khagra warband.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

And you don't know about what could happen if GW did the Spearhead treatment to narrative play, but you already decide your gaming group will have nothing to do with it anyway, so yeah, my take is as best as yours on that matter.

Yeah, but I was talking about my gaming group, and I already know that if there is just a little bit of bookeeping or an split between AoS main rules and this new mode, it will extremly hard to play with my group, and no, there is no problem with telling stories, the problem resides in other things. Btw, I live in a rural zone, so there isn't "another gaming group".

I suggest to not make a judgement about other people without knowing them beforehand.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 5

There was a rumour for a Chaos lord on chaos dragon for TOW, but this seems incorrect, but than some people in the Warhammer Discord said that it maybe was for AoS?

That would also be very cool.

So now hoping for a new Chaos dragon for WoC.

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Ironjawz is a Wyvern (with Mister Olympia complex). Dragons are an Order race.

With all due respect, dragons should remain universal. They used to be and I'm not sure anyone but SCE players likes that only they get dragons now... plus the whole Malerion thingy would need to open them up anyways. If those are draconic shadow-aelves, it would be very strange for them to not have their own kind of (shadow?) dragon IMO.

And a chaos dragon would also be pretty different to the classic dragons SCE have. If they need another name (like wyverns for Orruks), so be it but I don't see any benefit in saying all dragons are Order-aligned cause Sigmar's bro was a nice dragon.

Oh... and I'd like a serpentine dragon design in AoS, like Caraxes from House of The Dragon or the classic Elf dragons. I always thought that the GW noodle-dragon designs were charming, even if the new SCE dragons are great. But y'know, variety is always cool.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MitGas said:

If those are draconic shadow-aelves, it would be very strange for them to not have their own kind of (shadow?) dragon IMO.

Purely hypothetical for now, as we just know that malerion has merged with his dragon but we don't know anything about his followers

But I agree, dragons are such well known creatures, they should be in every grand alliances. And actually if you take some time to look closer, they are : zombie dragons, vargheists, mawcrusha,... even dorghar could be associate to draconic figure. (chaos is the only alliance which doesn't have a REAL dragon then)

It is just that the "classic" dragon with 2 wings, 4 legs, horns and trowing fire is in the order GA. And that latest latest dragon releases have been GA order related. Even CoS still have the black dragon  

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

I thought the rumour about Malerion being merged with his mount was debunked? 

I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were saying there was no confirmation, but this is an old podcast from the Broken Realms period. I guess nothing else about Malerion was mentioned since that, so yeah. I think it is just a rumour that got spread wider.

50 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

I thought the rumour about Malerion being merged with his mount was debunked? 

Malerion was never ever fused with a dragon 

That was just what early youtubers that taking the ****** out of AOS 1e days telephone amoung each other after seeing the article down below

image.jpeg.f3ba850a3e3c3508168b7095a8a1ef0b.jpeg

Of the the three time he show up and or mention. Malekith is now just a sentient shadow that can take whichever form he wishes. In 3E Core he woke up a formless darkness in ulgu before take centuries to take form 

Broken realm short fiction has him his shadow old WHF body

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Goblins and orcs would be nice but I’ll hold out for a new set of plastic Riders of Rohan first. And a second plastic troop type for Dunland. If middle earth could just get the same sprue support each year as warcry or kill team I’d cry tears of joy. 

It would honestly take up a 50/50 split between AOS and LOTR for me if they did.

12 hours ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

I would love the idea of Wyvern as our equivalent.

Full on "Reign of Fire"/Smaug Wyvern-style and just run with it and own it

I absolutely love Reign of Fire. Played the embers out of the PS2 game as well.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The Citadel Palette Pad is being replaced with a new silicone Servo-Skull one. I don't know anybody who used them, but if you did, there's the last call. 

cit_servoskullpalette-oct1-image1.jpg&w=

Ngl I expected GW to have made their own wet palettes by now.

How long were the old plastic sheets alive? We will have to wait a similar amount of years for the wet palette xD

16 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The Citadel Palette Pad is being replaced with a new silicone Servo-Skull one. I don't know anybody who used them, but if you did, there's the last call. 

I have a set of the the older ones, and they are ok, by that I mean they are somewhere to place your paint and add water. 

During the summer months, the paint dries out extremely quickly though. 

20 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They've looked into wet palettes and decided there isn't enough profit in it. The painting phase had ex GW guy on one of their YouTube videos that explained it. 

I like the idea of the silicone palette as there is no waste and I like the idea of peeling dried paint lol. But I'll stick to my old ceremic tile. 

Edited by Ogregut

44 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

That new silicone one looks kinda groovy. I have habitually been using cheap-'n'-nasty plastic palettes from the local discount shop, but this looks useful and is saving the planet in a microscopic way. 

I'm too old school for the kerfuffle of a wet palette, incidentally. 

58 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I do like the palette pads so that kinda sucks, guess it's back to using an old plate. I got a wet palette too but sometimes it's nice to just have a "throwaway one" for a quick session.

29 minutes ago, Engrimm said:

A chaos dragon has already appeared in an AoS novel before, so Dragons aren't Order restricted for sure. Been awhile since i read this, but i think it was bound to a sorcerer or something like that.

image.jpeg.ff521c156df74d09ff546f5ec518188a.jpeg

Engrimm? What kind of magnificent fusion are you? A mix out of Engra and Egrimm? Oh, the dark gods are pleased!

Edit: look at this beautiful creature's heads - very beaky, definitely a throwback to the heroic and most noble Lord of Change that merged with not so noble and villainous elven dragon to become Galrauch!

Edited by MitGas