The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Lucentia said:

Also, having just finished painting some of the (very nice) new Gorger sculpts, I'm curious if an ogor update will see the range generally bumped up to 50mm bases, they look so much better at this scale as monstrous infantry, but it would invalidate most of the current infantry kits.  At the very least I'd expect to see Ironguts move to 3-model 50mm base squads like Kroxigor.

I hope all Ogors going forwards are on 50mm bases minimum. Currently the minis are the least true representation of the Lore present for any Faction.

The average Ogor is 10ft tall and almost as wide. A Fyreslayers crest shouldnt reach a Gluttons shoulder!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

If anything they should go the starchild route… but even better: leave him the way he is. I‘d hate to see a model that is going to be used in standard 40k matches tho, classic god-emperor, a new female version, the starchild… any of those. I‘d like a cool statue of him as terrain tho! 

Starchild that's the macguffin thank you 😅but yeah, HH feels primed to have a statue of Young(?) Emps. they could even make it look different from a 40k version to show how 10k years can change impressions of his physical features from his worshippers.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope all Ogors going forwards are on 50mm bases minimum. Currently the minis are the least true representation of the Lore present for any Faction.

The average Ogor is 10ft tall and almost as wide. A Fyreslayers crest shouldnt reach a Gluttons shoulder!!

Probably due to needing to rank up properly in WHFB. I think that's why the old saurus warriors and cavalry were pretty bad also

I'd definitely expect them to be larger and more dynamic. Look at the new kroxigors

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Red Bull said:

Probably due to needing to rank up properly in WHFB. I think that's why the old saurus warriors and cavalry were pretty bad also

I'd definitely expect them to be larger and more dynamic. Look at the new kroxigors

I agree. I hope theyre all as large as Kroxigors!!

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

All this talk of Gods reminds me of this excerpt from the 3rd Edition Slaves to Darkness Battletome - 

Screenshot 2024-10-02 202454.jpg

I have always considered the models of various "Gods" and "Demi-Gods" to be avatars or shards. AoS also embraces the Saturday Morning Cartoon and Comic "NERD" rule in that Nobody Ever Really Dies. 

Bring back Malal 🤣

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

33 minutes ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

Bring back Malal 🤣

Malal met the ultimate end. A fate worse than death. Copyright problems saw him removed and replaced by Zuvassin and Necoho according to fan wikis and the Lexicanum. It would be great to have a new AoS version of the Realm of Chaos book. Detailing all of the various gods, minor gods and gruesome stories surrounding the deities, their worshippers and those who try to research them. 

With the ascension of the Great Horned Rat into the Pantheon of "Major" Chaos Gods in 4th, I wonder if we will see the ascension of Hashut with a Chorf release. 

Big Picture, will we ever see a situation in AoS where the Chaos Pantheon is expanded to encompass 8 Gods? With The Everchosen at the center? The 8-pointed star, 8 realms, 8 gods, 8 Chaos factions, 8..... Editions? There is an elegance to it. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Starchild that's the macguffin thank you 😅but yeah, HH feels primed to have a statue of Young(?) Emps. they could even make it look different from a 40k version to show how 10k years can change impressions of his physical features from his worshippers.

That would be cool indeed - I‘d buy both versions in a heartbeat! 

3 hours ago, Hollow said:

All this talk of Gods reminds me of this excerpt from the 3rd Edition Slaves to Darkness Battletome - 

Screenshot 2024-10-02 202454.jpg

I have always considered the models of various "Gods" and "Demi-Gods" to be avatars or shards. AoS also embraces the Saturday Morning Cartoon and Comic "NERD" rule in that Nobody Ever Really Dies. 

So this excerpt proves my god-elitism correct! 😎 those mortals turned pseudogods are pathetic excuses, destined to be crushed by real gods! Death to the clown of magic, for the true god of magic the little elf will never be. How could he, magic was there long before him and will be there long after he is dead!

WEEEEE! 

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Malal met the ultimate end. A fate worse than death. Copyright problems saw him removed and replaced by Zuvassin and Necoho according to fan wikis and the Lexicanum. It would be great to have a new AoS version of the Realm of Chaos book. Detailing all of the various gods, minor gods and gruesome stories surrounding the deities, their worshippers and those who try to research them. 

With the ascension of the Great Horned Rat into the Pantheon of "Major" Chaos Gods in 4th, I wonder if we will see the ascension of Hashut with a Chorf release. 

Big Picture, will we ever see a situation in AoS where the Chaos Pantheon is expanded to encompass 8 Gods? With The Everchosen at the center? The 8-pointed star, 8 realms, 8 gods, 8 Chaos factions, 8..... Editions? There is an elegance to it. 

I don't think Hashut will ascend just now. It is a major change and it has to feel that big. For example, the GHR was supposed to be a major god since the beginning of AoS, but we had to wait for its welcome ceremony. That's why I feel Hashut will have to wait, if he ever ascends.

Time alone does not equate to gravitas. Broken Realms saw the ascension/awakening/return of multiple "Gods", Morathi, Kragnos and Teclis respectively. Dawnbringers was a little more "Grounded" and focused a Mortarch, Heralds and Significant Characters. There are rumours of an upcoming Narrative book. I wonder if we will see multiple Narrative books through the edition ending with a Narrative lead-in to 5th as we have seen before. 

If so... that is plenty of space to pace and plot the ascension of Hashut into the Pantheon of Chaos. 

Edited by Hollow
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

Horus Heresy dropped this lore to tie into the random Dark King plot line

Could there be 8 Chaos Gods in Warhammer? : r/Chaos40k

As for the realm of chaos while i would love a book that go deeper detail that kind of what each of the battletomes are. A description of the worshipers of the gods and then the realms

image.png.b551919e7391ce9af41859b05d8a2e61.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hollow said:

Time alone does not equate to gravitas. Broken Realms saw the ascension/awakening/return of multiple "Gods", Morathi, Kragnos and Teclis respectively. Dawnbringers was a little more "Grounded" and focused a Mortarch, Heralds and Significant Characters. There are rumours of an upcoming Narrative book. I wonder if we will see multiple Narrative books through the edition ending with a Narrative lead-in to 5th as we have seen before. 

If so... that is plenty of space to pace and plot the ascension of Hashut into the Pantheon of Chaos. 

It is not a rumour. The last preview mentioned it for this year.

Also, we have now a faster peace between editions. The era of the beast lasted something like 20 or 25 years. This is all personal preference, but for me having something major as the Skavendom, Slaanesh's come back or Hashut ascension too often would feel too rushed. IMO it is nice to have more grounded stuff in between as it happened with DB.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Do we have a comparison picture of Kroxigors vs Warhulk?

Id love to see this as well.

8 hours ago, Hollow said:

I am so hyped for this book. It will definitely bw our first solid confirmation of Chaos Duardin. Theyre in the Core Book 4.0 and other Battletomes but I think we will see actual Chaos Duardin or at least have them feature narratively.

11 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'm a bit surprised there isn't an official countdown tbh. They usually do one.

Maybe policy has changed.

Sometimes they do , sometimes they do not . But they could still make a " 2 days to go" today i.e. 

Last bet for AoS reveals :

- New Chaos Lord on foot  (outside spearhead)

- New Chaos Sorcerer on foot (non commemorative one)

- New Chaos Spawn 

- Narrative book aka Embergard Nexus aka Darkoath vs Skaven 

Pretty much confirmed STD battletome and Darkoath spearhead ☸️

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Ha. True. I have to put that web in my favourites.

I only found it recently. It's pretty clunky but does the job. Once I found the tool in the bottom right to change the scale the minis are shown at it got a lot easier.

11 hours ago, Beliman said:
15 hours ago, Snarff said:

The gods don't just sit around and do nothing tangible, they fight alongside 3 or 4 squads, because they are so expensive!

Fixe'd!

That's because they're powerful enough to need any more than that for support! If they were weak they'd just send their army, but they're there to crush their opponents themselves with little support!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Horus Heresy dropped this lore to tie into the random Dark King plot line

Could there be 8 Chaos Gods in Warhammer? : r/Chaos40k

Maybe we will one day get a sort of AoS version of the Dark King in 40k. A bit like Vashtorr and Hashut are their respective universes "malevolent artificers".

Now that the Horned Rat is a Chaos God now, I feel like he fits the "encroaching ruin" part. 

Maybe one day Archaon becomes a minor Chaos deity and fills one of the arrows ?

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Id love to see this as well.

I am so hyped for this book. It will definitely bw our first solid confirmation of Chaos Duardin. Theyre in the Core Book 4.0 and other Battletomes but I think we will see actual Chaos Duardin or at least have them feature narratively.

I wouldn't expect too much from Chaos Duardins in the upcoming narrative book. If we follow the 40k pattern then in Feb/ March as late we should have another one, so I think we will see them, but in another narrative book closer to their release date.