The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Is there a vacant "Thinks Too Highly Of Himself" arrow? 

Archaon is in a weird spot, he is one of those characters that is like a god without having the proper recognison as a god. Something like Kroak. He is not a god neither but it could easily be one.

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Archaon is in a weird spot, he is one of those characters that is like a god without having the proper recognison as a god. Something like Kroak. He is not a god neither but it could easily be one.

Outside of being very powerful and immortal (at least time has no effect on him), what godly powers does Archaon have? Can he create life or will things into existence? I‘d argue against him being a god, he doesn‘t even want to be one. The only mortals turned gods that feel like somewhat proper gods are Sigmar and Nagash to me. 

The others feel more like the kinda meh kids of some Greek gods - they are technically gods (or demigods) but definitely not on a comparable level to strong/real gods. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Outside of being very powerful and immortal (at least time has no effect on him), what godly powers does Archaon have? Can he create life or will things into existence? I‘d argue against him being a god, he doesn‘t even want to be one. The only mortals turned gods that feel like somewhat proper gods are Sigmar and Nagash to me. 

The others feel more like the kinda meh kids of some Greek gods - they are technically gods (or demigods) but definitely not on a comparable level to strong/real gods. 🤔

If humans turn into gods and gain power because they have followers, Archaon is inside that bracket. He might not have power, but they don't need them to be gods. I think Kragnos is a good example. His power is just being too strong and aggressive.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If humans turn into gods and gain power because they have followers, Archaon is inside that bracket. He might not have power, but they don't need them to be gods. I think Kragnos is a good example. His power is just being too strong and aggressive.

Is Kragnos a god? Is a god-beast a god or just a beast with godly strength (a beast strong enough to best a „god“(those new kids on the block AoS gods, not a real one like Khorne)) The way you describe it the term godhood is used inflationarily in AoS. Gods should have more than just mortal powers on overdrive, that just makes them superheroes. 

Time to crush those dwarven and aelven gods like the misshapen bugs they are! ✌️😎

Anyways, I much prefer the gods that keep in the background. Thank God for all the Tzeentchs, Sigmars and Grungnis… 

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Have we heard anything regarding the (kind of) upcoming Slaves to Darkness battletome? I think we'll probably see something this Saturday, but I want to see if I've missed anything in the meantime.

1 minute ago, Jorum said:

Have we heard anything regarding the (kind of) upcoming Slaves to Darkness battletome? I think we'll probably see something this Saturday, but I want to see if I've missed anything in the meantime.

Just that it is supposed to differ more from the S2D index than the Skavens and Stormcast one.

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Maybe we will one day get a sort of AoS version of the Dark King in 40k. A bit like Vashtorr and Hashut are their respective universes "malevolent artificers".

Now that the Horned Rat is a Chaos God now, I feel like he fits the "encroaching ruin" part. 

Maybe one day Archaon becomes a minor Chaos deity and fills one of the arrows ?

Skaven new BT says that Hornet Rat is the Chaos God of pure selfish

54 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Is Kragnos a god? Is a god-beast a god or just a beast with godly strength (a beast strong enough to best a „god“(those new kids on the block AoS gods, not a real one like Khorne)) The way you describe it the term godhood is used inflationarily in AoS. Gods should have more than just mortal powers on overdrive, that just makes them superheroes. 

Time to crush those dwarven and aelven gods like the misshapen bugs they are! ✌️😎

Anyways, I much prefer the gods that keep in the background. Thank God for all the Tzeentchs, Sigmars and Grungnis… 

Kragnos is a god. The god of earthquakes. Just like godbeasts are a type of god as well since the start. The term godhood is not used inflationarily in AoS, it's used like it is in many mythologies.  Ever since the start of AoS, anything or anyone that is worshiped enough can rise to godhood. You're just trying to force your own view of what a god should be onto a setting with already defined rules for what a deity is. Greek and norse mythology also have gods that are of varying strengths, but they are all still gods. A god doesn't have to be more powerful than anything else, they just need to have enough of a following.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Kragnos is a god. The god of earthquakes. Just like godbeasts are a type of god as well since the start. The term godhood is not used inflationarily in AoS, it's used like it is in many mythologies.  Ever since the start of AoS, anything or anyone that is worshiped enough can rise to godhood. You're just trying to force your own view of what a god should be onto a setting with already defined rules for what a deity is. Greek and norse mythology also have gods that are of varying strengths, but they are all still gods. A god doesn't have to be more powerful than anything else, they just need to have enough of a following.

Yeah, I understand that you‘d argue for soon to be forgotten little gods, fits your army! 🫢

I said that these new pretenders pseudo-gods are simply specks of dirt compared to proper gods, barely worth remembering. I‘m saying there are tiers of godhood, just like you just echoed. The one difference is that I find the bottom of the barrel unworthy to be called gods as they shouldn‘t be classed in the same league as truly eternal powers! 

God-elitism is the next step to utter madness in the fandom and I‘m here for it! 🫡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Snarff said:

A good series with a similar approach of gods = having followers that also treat a bit of all the mythologies is *surprise surprise* American Gods. I think it is the perfect parallelism to AoS deities.

Edited by Ejecutor