The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Man, GW barely says what it will release the next 3 months, so they will certainly not say if or when i.e Kislev/Cathay will come in 2026 or 2027. Also, all those articles are from before the article when they said that "the scope of the project has changed".

Everything GW says or does is only a fact for a couple of months. This has been the case for decades.

Anyway, the only trustful source (who is a moderator Warhammer Fantasy Battle & Old World discord) that posted almost everything correct posted this a couple of weeks ago.

image.png.b5caa0c4311865f8bce58b2623bd5e15.png

So TOW will grow, in which form and when has to be seen. 

The discord guy was already debunked many times : it is only wish list and educated guess.

The only trustful source is GW that already said what above . ☝️ 

Let’s back to AoS 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

The discord guy was already debunked many times : it is only wish list and educated guess.

The only trustful source is GW that already said what above . ☝️ 

Let’s back to AoS 😉

No, his rumours aren't debunked at all. He is the same rumour poster @Nezzhil (if I am correct) is refering too. Afaik he is the only reliable source of TOW rumours.

Edit: And he just confirmed somekind of tournament book is coming for TOW. (So that will be a very good benchmark for his track record)

Edit2: And again, you are referring to articles that were posted before the article of "the scope of the project has changed" was released. Anyway the only reliable source for TOW rumours confirmed it. We will just have to wait.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

whday_incoming-oct2-systems.jpg

Right so back to Aos speculation 

Im assuming tht going to be more than one model show off tomorrow 

Almost everything here isn't going to bring big reveals like LI got leak so at best it a campaign book, Underworlds is two warbands & KT is even speculated to be one half of the teams possibly (possibly doing a nightlords and only show off Orks)

So the major chaos side has to be from AOS which they way they're  "hyping it up" make seem like there going to be something that I can't really think i just one HQ model 

I think it might be a Chaos lord along something new?

2 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Almost everything here isn't going to bring big reveals like LI got leak so at best it a campaign book, Underworlds is two warbands & KT is even speculated to be one half of the teams possibly (possibly doing a nightlords and only show off Orks)

So the major chaos side has to be from AOS which they way they're  "hyping it up" make seem like there going to be something that I can't really think i just one HQ model 

It will be a Chaos lord on foot and/or Sorcerer on foot. Or somehing crazy like a Chaos lord on Chaos dragon 😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

It will be a Chaos lord on foot and/or Sorcerer on foot. Or somehing crazy like a Chaos lord on Chaos dragon 😄

Pretty sure there won't be a new Chaos Lord on foot, we saw a picture of a re-cut sprue a few pages back. The model is the same but they changed it from having a fully sculpted square base on the sprue to some rubble that will fit on top of a round base instead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sception said:

This I absolutely agree with.  GW very clearly had deliberately limited tOW project to a much smaller scope than what was once in development, and that they weren't expecting much from the game or planning to devote significant resources to it.  It's entirely possible that tOW's launch was successful enough to turn that thinking around, but even if GW did decide to increase the scope of the game - which is not a sure thing - it would take years for that change to become visible to us in the form of actual releases.

I mean, they have outright stated they have increased the scope of the Old World, and as has been said there is a reliable leaker who has said Cathay is coming.

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

Again the decision is not arbitrary but made on purpose to have something HH alike for Fantasy and to have something that could be handled by a small team . 
In the making of new ToW map from early 2020  there have never been a simbol/icon of legacy factions .

GW have been pretty much clear about that .

mhdGX6u.jpeg

NMTOvoJ.jpeg

In the last preview show the Legions Imperialis team stated point blank that they are working on Space Marines and Solar Auxilia for the forseeable future, and whilst new armies will be added it is a while away.... Just over a month later GW announced that Mechanicum are coming for Legions Imperialis as a new army.

Obviously I am not saying "Cathay will be announced and released any time now", but I would take GWs communication with a pinch of salt. There has been a reliable leaker saying Cathay are coming, as well as an increased scope (that will take a while to become apparent). Honestly I would trust that over GWs official communications, ironically.

13 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Well with the dismal showing last preview I have my fingers crossed this is going to be a big one!

For LI I am hoping they will reveal the rest of the Mechanicum release, as I doubt it is just what is in the box, I assume they will have a book too.

I wouldn't underestimate GW's capacity to hype things up then let the community down 😂 But yeah hopefully we will see at least something akin to the NH/Sylvaneth releases of last edition (and far less infantry hero+book releases in general). THinking Chaos Sorcerer Lord, Chaos Lord, maybe 1 other thing. New chariot perhaps? Doubt it'll be a new Manticore though that really needs it!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

No, his rumours aren't debunked at all. He is the same rumour poster @Nezzhil (if I am correct) is refering too. Afaik he is the only reliable source of TOW rumours.

Edit: And he just confirmed somekind of tournament book is coming for TOW. (So that will be a very good benchmark for his track record)

Edit2: And again, you are referring to articles that were posted before the article of "the scope of the project has changed" was released. Anyway the only reliable source for TOW rumours confirmed it. We will just have to wait.

There are already two mistakes in this post :

Empire comes first

HE characters are NOT the twins but a nautical character ( sea lord possibly )

image.png.8673b5d99f9f329ff3dddba414bf73

plus :

no chaos lord on dragon

skin wolves already come back with WoC ( he said with Beastmen)

no acceleration on release schedule : next 4 focus factions are coming in 2025 as planned ( quarterly release with 3 waves each) 

9 minutes ago, cyrus said:

There are already two mistakes in this post :

Empire comes first

HE characters are NOT the twins but a nautical character ( sea lord possibly )

image.png.8673b5d99f9f329ff3dddba414bf73

plus :

no chaos lord on dragon

skin wolves already come back with WoC ( he said with Beastmen)

no acceleration on release schedule : next 4 focus factions are coming in 2025 as planned ( quarterly release with 3 waves each) 

Lol 😄, also, he posted a bit after that post that the rumours about the twins were probably incorrect. At the start of july 2024 he said it is Empire and than HE. So that's pretty impressive. Anyway you can try to debunk him, but he is on the same level as Whitefang. 😉 

Edit: Also he nailed in april the Empire AJ (Nuln and Middelheim. 😉 )

image.png.f02ab1b0a782d7ae891b0e86912fb8fe.png

Edit: He correct the release schedule with HE after Empire at the same day.

image.png.f52862432f0788af60d07751a9eaad8e.png

Edited by Tonhel
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol 😄, also, he posted a bit after that postthat the rumours about the twins were probably incorrect. At the start of july 2024 he said itis Empire and than HE. So that's pretty impressive. Anyway you can try to debunk him, but he is on the same level as Whitefang. 😉 

Edit: Also he nailed in april the Empire AJ (Nuln and Middelheim. 😉 )

image.png.f02ab1b0a782d7ae891b0e86912fb8fe.png

Empire Aj is Nuln and Marienburg  Mannan’s blades : another mistake 😉

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Rumours are exactly that. Rumours. They are imprecise and subject to change. You are mistaking rumours for a company's press release. They are not the same thing. 

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Lol, it's a bit bizar that you are trying to debunk him with such effort, this while he has a really good track record. Is it 100%, no ofcourse not, but even Whitefang wasn't 100%. 

He nailed the faction release order, he posted a couple of weeks before the dwarfs release what the armies of infamy would be for dwarfs.

His track record is really, really good. It's really bizar that you are so focussed on portraying him as a false rumour monger, if you compare that with what you post about rumours for AoS. I would say that you are using two sizes and two weights. Lol, or how do you say it in English or Spanish.

Edit: Anyway, as you said back to AoS. For tomorrow I do hope we will get something more than a singe foot character. Still hoping for a lord on somekind of big, preferable flying monster that could replace the Manticore.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

It's also important to consider, that if somebody is in a position to know things, they will deliberately not be precise. If you do know stuff and lay it out perfectly, you will be rumbled quick-sharp. It's standard practice when dealing with leaks and rumours to sprinkle in a few red herrings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol, it's a bit bizar that you are trying to debunk him with such effort, this while he has a really good track record. Is it 100%, no ofcourse not, but even Whitefang wasn't 100%. 

He nailed the faction release order, he posted a couple of weeks before the dwarfs release what the armies of infamy would be for dwarfs.

His track record is really, really good. It's really bizar that you are so focussed on portraying him as a false rumour monger, if you compare that with what you post about rumours for AoS. I would say that you are using two sizes and two weights. Lol, or how do you say it in English or Spanish.

If 30% track record is fine for you then ok but please do not compare him with Whitefang ! 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, cyrus said:

If 30% track record is fine for you then ok but please do not compare him with Whitefang ! 😉

Sigh, it isn't 30%. He really is more like Whitefang with his rumour accurarcy. I am not the only one posting it. 😉

Sadly, it's pointless to discuss it with you, which is a shame.

image.png.6484fb3c6a2cfcc4ce03596b170dc93d.png

Edited by Tonhel

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

So tomorrow all Im expecting is the new Narrative book and I am so hyped for it.

Oh yeah the Darkoath vs Skaven narrative campaign. Could there be a Darkoath model along with the armor warriors to tie into it

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Could be some sort of chaos dragon or mutant by itself to replace the spawn

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

Well with the dismal showing last preview I have my fingers crossed this is going to be a big one!

For LI I am hoping they will reveal the rest of the Mechanicum release, as I doubt it is just what is in the box, I assume they will have a book too.

I wouldn't underestimate GW's capacity to hype things up then let the community down 😂 But yeah hopefully we will see at least something akin to the NH/Sylvaneth releases of last edition (and far less infantry hero+book releases in general). THinking Chaos Sorcerer Lord, Chaos Lord, maybe 1 other thing. New chariot perhaps? Doubt it'll be a new Manticore though that really needs it!

Legion Imperialis getting leaked just completely made thing interesting lol. Like this a pre-recorded soooo maybe they still show them off? 

Im just wondering what 40k is going to be like it can't be Emperor children and like my rake up 40k list Krieg is far off so maybe it just tease. Im still unconvinced that it a limited army box but im sure other are

Brw there a Ratling holiday mini for thanksgiving

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

The last preview was explicitly mentioned to be mainly for roadmaps, this one should have more stuff, but it is true that it doesn't look like it is going to be a big one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Oh yeah the Darkoath vs Skaven narrative campaign. Could there be a Darkoath model along with the armor warriors to tie into it

Legion Imperialis getting leaked just completely made thing interesting lol. Like this a pre-recorded soooo maybe they still show them off? 

Im just wondering what 40k is going to be like it can't be Emperor children and like my rake up 40k list Krieg is far off so maybe it just tease. Im still unconvinced that it a limited army box but im sure other are

Did that mini get leaked? Or is it just a rumour?

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The last preview was explicitly mentioned to be mainly for roadmaps, this one should have more stuff, but it is true that it doesn't look like it is going to be a big one.

Yep, and the roadmaps were awful. There was more dedicated to what had already come than the future in them, and the OW one basically said "we are going to do more models".... Thanks GW!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Some sort of Darkoath Shaman maybe? There's one with Gunnar's lot but they're tied to that unit. 

Legions Imperialis is probably whatever book the Mechanicum rules will be coming in and the Marine + Solar Auxilia stuff they'll be getting in there, assuming they are (but I could see it being exclusively Mech stuff).

If Krieg are getting one of those 'Army Sets' they may make an appearance, since GW likes to put those out a few months in advance and don't count them as the actual codex release on the roadmap. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Yep, and the roadmaps were awful. There was more dedicated to what had already come than the future in them, and the OW one basically said "we are going to do more models".... Thanks GW!

I was also very aggrieved by this. The Vagueness of a miniature company saying “more miniatures will come” almost seemed like something from the Pythons. 

But You’ve touched on something there, the odd recap on what was a Reveal/roadmap stream. I heard that was because parts of the stream had been thrown off by delays, and as you can imagine editing these doesn’t happen overnight.

I’m not excited about tomorrows stream. I am however looking forward to some Warhammer content, and I’m looking forward to discussing what is seen, or not seen with you guys and on the livestreams I join. But as An actual Preview? GW has done a good job this last year of not making them enjoyable. Quite miffed by it because I was genuinely excited to see Adam Trokes return to the previews in the last one. 

• Like 4

Alright, locking in predictions for the preview;

• Krieg teaser
  • Something Eldar

AoS

• Chaos Sorcerer
  • Medium-big chariot / manticore equivalent
  • Surprise new unit / character
  • Campaign book + more terrain?

Kill Team

• Orks (hoping for both Kill Teams to be shown)

Underworlds

• SCE vs Mini-Doomwheel Skaven
  • Hope for Chorf tease

LI

• Campaign book or something
  • Show off the leaked and revealed stuff again
  • Like 1