The Rumour Thread

44 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

No, he is almost alright when you follow him. I trust him as much as Whitefang but the point here is that at the same time he is being clear that Skaven or Chaos Dwarfs are AoS armies.

What that means? IMHO, that when he refers to new scope maybe is like in HH new armies instead recovering all material that was shared with 40k.

Thank you.

Yes, and you are probably correct with what he means with new scope. I was wrong with thinking that legacy factions will become core sooner than later.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It will be a really 40k preview. I will very surprised if we see more than one AoS kit and two warbands.

I'm not sure why you think that. I expect underworlds to be the main event, with relatively minor reveals for everything else. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, silverstu said:

More likely to be 40k quest? Blackstone is no longer on the site and it would explain the big whole in the 40k releases for the end of the year. But there has been no rumours for it. 

I'm not expecting much this reveal show , hoping to see the Ogryns and Ratling kill team as that could be fun. 

Wild wild wild card/wish - a new Quest game- if 40k with Votann paltry character set on a Tyranid infested ship/hiveship.., if fantasy then a cool dwarf character fighting Skaven sounds good to me.. 

There were rumours about a Terminators vs Genestealers kill team box in the style of Space Hulk nearly a year ago I think? This obviously didn't turn out true but back then I already thought that would make way more sense as a Warhammer Quest set. Bringing back Space Hulk as a Warhammer Quest makes perfect sense for me and also fits the current edition since Tyranids are the big edition faction. 

You could also expand it to more than just Terminators, different factions going into a Space Hulk that is infested with Tyranids and probably other aliens sounds great to me.

• Like 2

Predictions time !

AoS : StD BT + Darkoath spearhead, eventually one foot hero and narrative book. No more.

Underworlds : My BIG expectation. Hope for new version or, at least, big changes after long withdraw news. Of course, SE vs. Skavens box (for once, i'm more interested by rules than models).

40k : I thought Death Korp army box but Valrak said they will be released for february. So too long from october preview. And roadmap said that 40k take a break for 2024 end, after BA. So, i really don't know : just teaser ? Only random supplement book ?

Kill Team : could be very good or disapointing. Good : next box preview or, at least one kt of two. Bad : just new starter sets (with eventually teaser of next box).

Legion Imperialis : After Mechanicum box revealed on recent HH Thursday, i have absolutly no clue about this.

My predictions

predict

-Krieg or eldar tease

Hope

- I could see this being where they first tease EC for next year, but more in style of Sisters release where we got 1 model as a promo with the announcement then a year of monthly teases. If they did this I would probably expect it to be the classic crop top EC art as that guy turned up in the lucius animation

Aos

predict

-Slaves to darkness lord or sorcerer, could see it being multipart as part of the "4 gods" teasing

hope

-Reveal some "great game" board game that has a herald for each of the gods

Imperialis

-Some knights

hope

ruinstorm daemons in epic

Kill team

-Ratlings vs orks

Underworlds

Skaven vs some rando stormcasts (would prefer them to be really worn down looking stormcast)

My true hope still remains of a remake of the old boobsnake slaanesh lord and some melee warcry mortals with glaives for hedonites

I am curious to see if the rumors of more support for more armies this edition pans out or not. Will it be another edition where most armies just get a hero and a book? Or will we start seeing units and monsters sculpted/resculpted as well? Slaves is a good test. On the one had they've had a ton of support in the previous editions so they're primed to get minimal support by the usual pattern. On the other hand they could use a new chariot, manticore (or other big monster mount) and a sorcerer. If they get all that then I think this is going to be a pretty exciting edition modelwise. If all they get is a sorcerer then I think it might just be business as usual for the next few years. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

It will be a really 40k preview. I will very surprised if we see more than one AoS kit and two warbands.

In the preview video they don't actually even mention 40k - though that's obviously the "and more".

I suppose that could be a lot of "and more" (and Kill Team is essentially 40k as well), but I don't know that there'll be too much 40k stuff. (A new 40k-set Warhammer Quest being revealed would be the exception, as that would take up a lot of time.)

3 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So, has ALL the Stormcast stuff been shown already? Does this mean no war machines for SCEs for the foreseeable future? (I don't count the chariot as a war machine)

Yeah, aside from anything they get from Underworlds, Warcry or narrative books Stormcast are probably done for the edition.