The Rumour Thread

Nick and Alex are probably the best host combo so far. (The bar was incredibly low) 

Underworld's reveal was decent. 

Killteam's Reveal was decent. 

BattleBoxes of repackaged existing miniatures have no place in a Preview Show. That is Warcom Article content. 

AoS - Event miniature, we have already seen. STD sorcerer is nice. The Spearhead is good (But not Preview Show content) 

40k - Nothing. 

My expectations were rock bottom due to the last several "shows". GW, this isn't hard. Show something cool and new for 40k, AoS, HH and OW. Update your ranges properly to meet and/or exceed customer expectations. Keep deep dives and additional information for WarCom articles. Don't just give a single miniature to ranges that have several existing kits that could do with a glow-up. 

• Like 2

GZJLl3cXsAATmpy.jpeg.e80517b8178a770c88422c5c9f24dac0.jpeg

These ork sculpts are fantastic!! 

orcs of all kinds are very hit and miss imo. The faces are a very particular point of interest for me. A lot of the times they're just too goofy and anatomically comical. Most of the ironjawz fall into this category for me. 

But thse are on point!!  Well done sculptor,  well done.

If they are indeed going to be the 11th edition starters better half than please keep this artist going!

I'll definitely be grabbing these and starting an orc mauraders force for one page rules. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

How many 15-20 year old models do they have?

I was thinking the chaos lord and manticore but I'm not sure how old they are, I just threw the number out. I think the Lord was 8th edition so... Maybe 12+ years? No idea when the manticore came out but it certainly looks like it's 15+ haha. Otherwise I think the other old ones are the slaughter brute/mutalith kit and the warshrine. Again, not saying that S2D needed more attention or they deserve it more than fireslayers or whatever. It was just in reference to the rumors that GW had more production capacity and being post COVID meant that releases this edition were going to be more than just a single foot hero and the book. Still no guarantee that other factions won't get more, but it's a bad start anyway.

Warhammer Day preview for the "Age of Sigmar Setting" was. Cover of the STD Battletome. A single Sorcerer. Repackaged Darkoath miniatures in Spearhead box. 4 Battleforce Boxes of repackaged miniatures (CoS, Maggotkin, FEC, IronJaws) - New Underworlds Edition with Stormcast and Skaven Warbands. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Warhammer Day preview for the "Age of Sigmar Setting" was. Cover of the STD Battletome. A single Sorcerer. Repackaged Darkoath miniatures in Spearhead box. 4 Battleforce Boxes of repackaged miniatures (CoS, Maggotkin, FEC, IronJaws) - New Underworlds Edition with Stormcast and Skaven Warbands. 

Also the AoR for Belakor and the RoR preview.

39 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Weren't there meant to be Ogryns with the Killteam Ratings?

I really wanted to see them.

39 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I really like the new S2D cover. The best so far, IMO.

Looks incredible cannot wait to see the others especially Ogors, Sons and Orruks!!

29 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

GZJLl3cXsAATmpy.jpeg.e80517b8178a770c88422c5c9f24dac0.jpeg

These ork sculpts are fantastic!! 

orcs of all kinds are very hit and miss imo. The faces are a very particular point of interest for me. A lot of the times they're just too goofy and anatomically comical. Most of the ironjawz fall into this category for me. 

But thse are on point!!  Well done sculptor,  well done.

If they are indeed going to be the 11th edition starters better half than please keep this artist going!

I'll definitely be grabbing these and starting an orc mauraders force for one page rules. 

Truly an Epic looking Warband!!

6 minutes ago, Hollow said:

For me personally that has to be the weakest reveal of all time. Not even a proper road map? Compounded by the fact that it still won’t load for me: 0/10

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also the AoR for Belakor and the RoR preview.

Yeah almost forgot that. The ability to take a Daemon Prince in my Slaanesh army is cool. Would prefer that the DP was literally just in all of the Mono books as well as StD, but it is something.

• Like 1

The Kill Team box is without a doubt the winner of this preview. This time 40K takes the prize for coolest mini's in the show.

The rats are cool, the SCE not at all. I also don't understand why they painted the boots like that. The gold leg armour with shiny black boots doesn't work.

I love the StD sorcerer, but very down to earth for AoS. I will buy him as he is perfect to represent an exalted sorcerer for TOW. He looks to simple to be a sorcerer lord. That said, it's a beautiful sculpt.

As a StD player I can't say I am excited about the StD release. I never had to suffer the single foot hero + BT release for my armies, but now it happens.... lol, not very exciting.

Luckly my second army is CoS, so I really hope they will get a lot. Hopefully early 2025.

I don't really get the point of this preview. The out of the blue announcement of a new edition of  MESBG or those trolls that were previewed on a random day are more hype creating than this.

AoS was just a single foot hero, a BT cover and a two warbands, with one very boring and the other one very cool.

The RoR is cool, adding a DP to Chaos god specific armies is cool and super logical, now they only need to do it for Chaos warriors, Chosen, Chaos knights and chariots.... too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TechnoVampire said:

For me personally that has to be the weakest reveal of all time. Not even a proper road map? Compounded by the fact that it still won’t load for me: 0/10

My man, do you remember the actual roadmap show a couple of months ago? We have had roadmaps and they were awful. This show was a massive step up over the last show. I guess unless you are a big SCE fan but at least imo even then the new SC were ok at best.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

My man, do you remember the actual roadmap show a couple of months ago? We have had roadmaps and they were awful. This show was a massive step up over the last show. I guess unless you are a big SCE fan but at least imo even then the new SC were ok at best.

I have to disagree. For me the roadmaps + SCE was better than this one.

• Like 3