The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

My man, do you remember the actual roadmap show a couple of months ago? We have had roadmaps and they were awful. This show was a massive step up over the last show. I guess unless you are a big SCE fan but at least imo even then the new SC were ok at best.

I do yes, the roadmap was a joke, but there were a lot of models revealed. I wasn’t expecting much but an alt for a model revealed les than a week ago, the cover for a battltome we already knew was coming, and some repackaged old models really is nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I don't really get the point of this preview. The out of the blue announcement of a new edition of  MESBG or those trolls that were previewed on a random day are more hype creating than this.

This is what I don't understand. I wonder how these "shows" are seen within GW. Knowing that you have this coming up (and it is literally up to them when they decide to have a "Warhammer Day preview show") Why wouldn't they have held onto the MESBG reveal, the new Chaos Dwarfs for BB? Something new for AoS/40k? They consistently undercut their preview shows by having better reveals on Warcom. Perhaps that's the point? I just don't understand why? These shows could be spectacular and jam-packed with stuff that would get people hyped. Maybe the numbers already make sense and I am just off base with what their true objectives are. 

• Like 3

Biggest highlight of the reveal show ? It's the free animation on WH+ ! I take free content all day everyday, especially when most official Warhammer animations are paywalled. https://warhammertv.com/details/25584

Spoiler

They credit Erasmus Brodau as director. It's the guy who made the Lord Inquisitor all those years ago ! Glad GW gave him a job.

Also, talking about S2D, yes it's only a foot hero, but consider. S2D has been spoiled with releases last edition, it's alright they took a step back with the army and scaled down. Also, the Chaos sorcerer this guy is replacing is an old WFB mini.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Biggest highlight of the reveal show ? It's the free animation on WH+ ! I take free content all day everyday, especially when most official Warhammer animations are paywalled. https://warhammertv.com/details/25584

Reveal hidden contents

They credit Erasmus Brodau as director. It's the guy who made the Lord Inquisitor all those years ago ! Glad GW gave him a job.

Also, talking about S2D, yes it's only a foot hero, but consider. S2D has been spoiled with releases last edition, it's alright they took a step back with the army and scaled down. Also, the Chaos sorcerer this guy is replacing is an old WFB mini.

You could argue that the one he is replacing looked a bit more outlandish and even a bit more AoS than this one. This one is nice, a very nice mini, but also nothing special. Not really Warhammer day Preview show worthy.

And yes, StD was luckly enough to get some cool releases the last couple of years, but still if you want to preview something on Warhammer day, surely there has to be something more with a "wow" factor. His brother was already previewed a couple of days ago.... 

Again love the mini, but he is more a random day Warhammer Community article worthy, not to carry the AoS preview part on Warhammer day. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TechnoVampire said:

I do yes, the roadmap was a joke, but there were a lot of models revealed. I wasn’t expecting much but an alt for a model revealed les than a week ago, the cover for a battltome we already knew was coming, and some repackaged old models really is nothing. 

I guess I really mark that one down as I personally found the SCE model reveals to be a pretty disappointing. So it was just downhill from there for me. Especially given that the OW was what I was really there for.

Whilst the return of the dreaded 1 hero-1 book is unfortunate, the new Sorcerer is pretty sweet. I guess I am also pretty hyped that Dark Mech are being added to LI. An early Christmas box reveal is also good, it is nice to get that fairly early so people can budget/plan and also I would argue even though it isn't new minis it is an exciting reveal as it can be the opportunity to get into a new army for a more reasonable price - I know that that's how I got into OBR last year.

All in all imo it was a more balanced reveal (I guess unless you are a 40K player, as I got the impression they were very not happy with it), and I prefer that to "come watch this show with X,Y and Z - but actually only X, as Y and Z are going to get nothing of value".

So i guess round up my thoughts on the reveal show (won't do battleforces they good better than 40k)

Underworld

• Skaven Warband is cool nothing much we haven't seen before/ We got classic Ikit claw pose, a new variant of the doomwheel with a warpgrinder in the front to ram people with, some acolytes that one of them is doing the Necron flayed ones really this such a quirky and adorable warband
  • GZJIwmCWsAAOn9X.jpg.9953d60a6ddd812b7f07f7f540cf7e5d.jpg
  • Stormcast warband very good and personally is my favorite of the two just becasue we get a glimp of what Thunderstrike vanguard armor look like and yes please! we got the fur coats and capes, the bolt pistol still look like a magic tech crossbow, kept the Pteruges, added pouches for tactical gear and knives. love it love all around  
    • BTW the leader im getting "No One Slay Skaven Like Gaston!" vides right! anyone!
  • GZJIwmLWUAA0k8Q.jpg.5f78704bff8b596261469ba00f7b8715.jpg

AOS

• Chaos sorcerer lord not bad quite like the helms options from the Brass demon (it like Darkoath chieftain on horse got promoted) to the mouth of Sauron look to him. don't know if i like him more than the Bane of Law but defintly more than the other ones like underworld ravagers one. The Warhammer + ones is a special one cause i don't see it as a Chaos sorcerer more a chaos witch especially with her little familiars so im don't judge her with this one since this one is suppose to lead the armor warrior legions rather  than just hang out in the weald making chaos potions and grimoires 
  • 1728145942814378.jpg.aa18f10757f2c244a5b9d55c59b6b7c5.jpg

Legion Imperialis

• It a mechanical spider.......it a thing i guess don't play this game not into dark mechanics like everyone hype it up to be so yeah it alright
  • GZJP6KwW0AAHTh2.jpg.45f53a3805d0407d8df56ce6ef4208b4.jpg

• you get 3/4 uninspire battleforce boxes and a tease for a faction that 3 factions away happening next year
  • You Lose Good Day Sir GIFs | Tenor
  • but no seriously other than this Halfling Ratling guy is such a nice mini obviously just a holiday mini still nice to see GW haven't forgotten about Abhumans and hope they haven't forgotten city non-humans. love we got all kind of food from the pies, rotary chicken and mug of coffee
  • GZJIKYPW8AEczYP.jpg.144f0bff389eb6d22b9d0ee6226f71cf.jpg

KT

• Ratling like everything out of kill team is currently hard carrying 40k right now and these guys are great im going to consult my kitbashing friend of mine to see if i could scrape off some of the imperium insignia and replace lasguns with muskets cause yeah i love we got some halfling proxy for my CoS without needing to rely on getting Bloodbowl. Plus a pug for the Wildercorp Hunter pack nice
  • GZJLl2nWwAEdQRy.jpg.cf77fdc5dd8bf196ddad971943803e41.jpg
  • Ork look very nice i can see Ironjawz fan picking these up 
  • GZJLl3cXsAATmpy.jpg.7a36e8e1bbff280e7222f17315d098ff.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

I guess I really mark that one down as I personally found the SCE model reveals to be a pretty disappointing. So it was just downhill from there for me. Especially given that the OW was what I was really there for.

Whilst the return of the dreaded 1 hero-1 book is unfortunate, the new Sorcerer is pretty sweet. I guess I am also pretty hyped that Dark Mech are being added to LI. An early Christmas box reveal is also good, it is nice to get that fairly early so people can budget/plan and also I would argue even though it isn't new minis it is an exciting reveal as it can be the opportunity to get into a new army for a more reasonable price - I know that that's how I got into OBR last year.

All in all imo it was a more balanced reveal (I guess unless you are a 40K player, as I got the impression they were very not happy with it), and I prefer that to "come watch this show with X,Y and Z - but actually only X, as Y and Z are going to get nothing of value".

Well, they didn't lie. Initially 40k was not part of the show. IMO they were forced to add it later.

49 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Apparently the second and 3rd RE have been solved, so the gap is increasing with the good ol spider incarnate:

image.png.8825eedb5a3f260790a8329c02cfb3c6.png

Its hilarious that what I thought to be a landmine and sandbags in RE 3, turned out to be a pie and a roast chicken.

• Haha 3

I still don't understand where the big Chaos part of this reveal were....in the very end with Emperors' children teasing ?

58XBB8.gif

Worst Warhammer preview so far to me. Even if you're very into Underworlds and Kill team (which btw already had a full show preview for Tau vs Scions...).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Well, they didn't lie. Initially 40k was not part of the show. IMO they were forced to add it later.

Ah fair I didn't realise that. Admit though I did find some of the commentry by 40K viewers saying "where's the Chaos", "guess there's no chaos", pretty funny. Amazing how some (a vocal minority I'm sure) seem to be totally unaware any other system exists.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harioch said:

I still don't understand where the big Chaos part of this reveal were....in the very end with Emperors' children teasing ?

58XBB8.gif

Worst Warhammer preview so far to me. Even if you're very into Underworlds and Kill team (which btw already had a full show preview for Tau vs Scions...).

Slaves to Darkness, Skavens, Dark Mechanicum, the last tease... and that little guy has to be tied to some sort of Chaos god, right?

image.png?ex=6702bef2&is=67016d72&hm=46f87fdac5105781235435865577cc2800113b291ddb537e11ef4cb6f85d2c0e&

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harioch said:

58XBB8.gif

• Warhammer Day model is a Chaos Sorcerer.
  • Slaves To Darkness had their model, Battletome and Spearhead,
  • Underworlds has Skaven, which are Chaos GA.
  • Legions Imperialis has DarkMech which fall to Chaos.
  • Emperor's Children teaser at the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Now speculation time for my fellow CoS followers. New UW is set in Embergard, so... we will have to get something cool at some point, right? RIGHT?

Also, as UW is set in Embergard I think this kind of clears the rumours about Warcry being set in Embergard ala Mordheim.

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Now speculation time for my fellow CoS followers. New UW is set in Embergard, so... we will have to get something cool at some point, right? RIGHT?

Also, as UW is set in Embergard I think this kind of clears the rumours about Warcry being set in Embergard ala Mordheim.

The Warcryheim rumours might have been for Underworlds.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Anything for old world?

Ghal Maraz itself ! 😉

Weird files for Whitefang weird collection:

1) reveal a commemorative chaos sorcerer and a normal one  in a bunch of days !!!

2) Darkoath spearhead contains a Warcry warband ( Darkoath savagers)

3) Nurgle battle force contains a warcry warband ( Rotmire creed)

4) The new million paid warcom website doesn’t work on warhammer day 

5) Stormcast warband is Vanguard 🤌

@Whitefangplease come back to us 🙏

18 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Ghal Maraz itself ! 😉

Weird files for Whitefang weird collection:

1) reveal a commemorative chaos sorcerer and a normal one  in a bunch of days !!!

2) Darkoath spearhead contains a Warcry warband ( Darkoath savagers)

3) Nurgle battle force contains a warcry warband ( Rotmire creed)

4) The new million paid warcom website doesn’t work on warhammer day 

5) Stormcast warband is Vanguard 🤌

@Whitefangplease come back to us 🙏

Can I be of assistance?

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Now the dreaded foot hero + BT is back for another edition. I wonder which other victims it will claim.

I am sure SBGL are excited for theirs. They really need another vampire lord on foot. :D

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1