The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Honestly, with the Warcry units going into discount boxes I think that warcry is kinda done as its own line.

I don't see why that matters. It's not the first time they've done that with AoS, last years Seraphon battleforce had the chameleons in it for example, and 40K has been sticking Kill Teams in discount boxes for roughly 5,000 years already.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, madmac said:

I don't see why that matters. It's not the first time they've done that with AoS, last years Seraphon battleforce had the chameleons in it for example, and 40K has been sticking Kill Teams in discount boxes for roughly 5,000 years already.

Kill Team isn't 100% the same since their teams specifically also have a "all wargear the same" build option to use as 40k squads in addition to the specialized KT gear.

For AoS meanwhile they just use the same wargear setup as in Warcry so not quite as "made with AoS in mind" 

Of course that still doesn't mean anything like Warcry is done just wanted to clarify.

43 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Poor OBR. I thought they were finally getting their much needed 2nd wave.

Hah, bold of you to assume GW remembers us outside of that one time we fought their special faction. Swear to god if it turns out that the Arx Terminus and Gothizzar have fallen, I'll be mad because that's like our one cool moment so far.

6 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Legion Imperialis

• It a mechanical spider.......it a thing i guess don't play this game not into dark mechanics like everyone hype it up to be so yeah it alright
  • GZJP6KwW0AAHTh2.jpg.45f53a3805d0407d8df56ce6ef4208b4.jpg

Between this and Emperor's children it was a great preview... Dont care that they are tiny, don't care that they are heresy era just care that they are dark mech. 

That T'au box is exceptional and would cover like half of the army I'd want to play for T'au...

Wait did this preview make me excited for 40k announcements?

The AoS/Underworlds stuff was all great but not exciting but if I can't get my special named sorcerer I am glad for vanilla evil mage. 

Kill team left me very cold, I love kitsch more than anyone but Hobbits and Orcs fighting in space is not my scene. 

So the thing with the least announcements made me most excited... even if it is to one day proxy HH minis into 40k or play EC instead.

Edited by Neverchosen

Yeah glad I didnt stay up to watch any of this.

The minatures and battlforcess fine but not particuarly note worthy.

Pretty dissapointing thats it for AoS this year. So many armies desperate for more models and who knows when Chaos Dwarves may be. Another 18months? 4-5 years away? Seems like another edition without Malerion. And Iron jawz coming? Another single model release?

Overall, pretty sparse 6 months ahesd of us.

54 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Hah, bold of you to assume GW remembers us outside of that one time we fought their special faction. Swear to god if it turns out that the Arx Terminus and Gothizzar have fallen, I'll be mad because that's like our one cool moment so far.

OBR has the Teratic Cohort Warcry Warband up for pre-order right now!  

GW probably isn't pumping out releases at the moment, for several reasons, one of which is... SkavenTide, New Kill Team Edition, Blood Angels, Skaven, Stormcast and MESBG box will all fall into the 26 weeks leading to the end of November. That trading period will be made public in January in the Half-Year report. If they are on track to match (or beat) last year's half-year report, why put out more releases? GW is growing as a company and that requires carefully managed growth. You want to have steady 10-20% annual growth. You don't want massive spikes that are unsustainable. 

2025 Will be an interesting year, there is no new edition due for either of their flag-ship settings (40k or AoS) and they will want to try and keep growing. I think (and hope) 2025 will be a bumper year for releases across the board as they will want to match (or beat) the last two years that have seen new editions of both 40k and AoS. Death Korps, Emperor's Children, Chaos Dwarfs... I wonder what else? 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 1