The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I feel like there are some armies that could definitely use a wave and others that need it much less, despite having a comparable amount of kits. Deepkin or Duardin desperately need waves, unless you want them to see them go the way of the dodo beastman, right now it feels unwise to start any of those armies... other armies, despite having kits lack units that similar armies have (e.g. Khorngors, Pestigors, Tzeentch Mortal Chosen or a Tzeentchian Mortal named character (think Sigvald, etc.). So there's room for more than just single in many cases.

Doesn't mean any of that will come out tho. I feel like GW releases are not what's needed or wanted but what their designers feel like working on. Ogors need a total revamp of their miniature line. 

And then we got Malerion and Chaos Dwarves as the two not-yet-released forces - we know that CD are coming and likely Malerion will take another edition.

If I had a say, and keeping the rumours in mind, I'd release:

Small waves for:
Idoneth, both Duardin faction, Tzeentch (Mortal Elite, named Mortal character OR Fatemaster), Khorne (Khorngors, named char), GSG

Unit releases: SBGL, OBR, Nurgle (Pestigors), CoS, Seraphon

Armies/big waves: Ogors, CD

I'm not sure if any army really needs another single hero on foot, I'd rather see them release one unit per force instead where it makes sense or where they don't need an old model replaced.

I agree. Pestigors or khorngors or tzeentch knights would be perfect little releases for their factions, especially for those that are massively overloaded with heroes like Khorne or Nurgle. GW's dogged determination to stick to the hero + book formula is a massive waste of opportunity. I was really hoping they'd step out a bit this edition but I'm not expecting it at all anymore. The only real chance is maybe with warcry, but with the way they dumped so many at the start of the edition I'm not touching those with a ten foot pole.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I just notice they mention a reveal show on November but we're  kind of at the end of the stuff 

like other than the Campaign book which are we expecting some models like the Season of War?

1 model, a potential underworld warband &/or 1 potential warcry warband

I think with two consecutive previews being heavy on AoS the next one will be mainly for 40k and we would only see the narrative book (if it is still a thing) and something from the Orruks release as much.

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Imo, it's a flaw in how GW releases stuff. There are always hobbyist that are disappointed, because of how the release schedule is handled. No army should only get one new foot hero and than a big nothing. It's even worse for IdK, FS, Ogres and KO. Imagine that these also has to suffer again a foot hero only. (Which is still perfect possible with how GW releases stuff)

Everybody disliked the single foot hero + BT release, but atleast those BT's did change the armylist and possible army playstyles.

With what we have seen with the Skaven BT is that they kept the index. It's basically a copy paste.

We know now that StD only gets one foot hero. As @Sception said, there is an overabundance of foot heroes already, which was the biggest complaint during 3rd.

Luckly it's a wizard, as these are still useful and it's an update sculpt of an existing hero.

What I am trying to say is that if the StD BT has the same rules as it has in the index, no extra formations, bigger spell list, artefacts, heroic traits and etc.. . It's quite boring as it means that this is it for StD for the rest of the edition. There is nothing to get excited about, there is no new product to buy, collect and paint and there is nothing that changes what you can do with your army as it's the same as what already was released with the index.

There is no wow factor with only one new miniature and/or no new rules. It's static.

Anyway, it's still possible that the Skaven and SCE battletome are the anomalies and all new BT's will not suffer the copy paste of the index in their new BT. So let's hope that the STD BT adds some new stuff rules wise.

If IDK, FS, KO or Ogors, any one of them, get the Single Model treatment Ill be beyond mad.

1 hour ago, Grimrock said:

To be fair I didn't want them to get an update to the old models. I already have those kits painted up and ready to go, I don't have any desire to buy newer versions that are conveniently on different base sizes or whatever to make my existing models obsolete. It's purely an observation that they seem to be continuing the existing trend of a hero and a book. So everyone that has a somewhat fleshed out army but was hoping for a new unit or monster (like Sons of Behemat or Deepkin or Khorne or Slaanesh etc.) should temper their expectations and get prepared for a bare minimum low effort release. Any rumors of more effort being put in are in serious jeopardy right now. 

Edit: other that factions with strong rumors to the contrary like SBGL which will likely be one of the few factions to get a proper update 

Sons I could see just getting a Tome this Edition. Unless they update the Mancrusher there isnt much for them left besides a new Mega or a new breed such as Half-Gargants.

50 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I won't like it but I'll accept Seraphon only getting 1 new model. 

Mate Id wager full well that theyll also get a Warcry Warband!! Temple Guard for sure!! Alongside either a new Old Blood or Skink Starseer!!

29 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I feel like there are some armies that could definitely use a wave and others that need it much less, despite having a comparable amount of kits. Deepkin or Duardin desperately need waves, unless you want them to see them go the way of the dodo beastman, right now it feels unwise to start any of those armies... other armies, despite having kits lack units that similar armies have (e.g. Khorngors, Pestigors, Tzeentch Mortal Chosen or a Tzeentchian Mortal named character (think Sigvald, etc.). So there's room for more than just single in many cases.

Doesn't mean any of that will come out tho. I feel like GW releases are not what's needed or wanted but what their designers feel like working on. Ogors need a total revamp of their miniature line. 

And then we got Malerion and Chaos Dwarves as the two not-yet-released forces - we know that CD are coming and likely Malerion will take another edition.

Small waves for:
Idoneth, both Duardin faction, Tzeentch (Mortal Elite, named Mortal character OR Fatemaster), Khorne (Khorngors, named char), GSG

I'm not sure if any army really needs another single hero on foot, I'd rather see them release one unit per force instead where it makes sense or where they don't need an old model replaced.

I feel Ogors are all but guranteed a full refresh this Edition. It was Skaven, Ogors and Beasts. One got updated, one got squatted so it leaves Ogors to be done.

26 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

On the Shoulders of Giants contains only 2 New Short stories, the other 10 are already existing...thats a bummer and means no buy for me.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Small waves for:

I would love khorngors for BoK, Pestigors for MoN and somekind of warrior wizards for Tzeentch. It would be glorius!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

On the Shoulders of Giants contains only 2 New Short stories, the other 10 are already existing...thats a bummer and means no buy for me.

These are fairly standard wrt anthologies, I think - they probably want to compile and print the various short stories they put out digitally over the last couple of years, plus package in some new material to make it more tempting. Not trying to convince you to change your mind (full disclosure - I have a very vested interest in people buying it cos then I get my percentage, so I am deeply biased here), but just wanted to chime in that it's a fairly standard sort of practice to make sure the material becomes available in different formats, especially for folks who like print versions, and thankfully doesn't mean there won't be other, entirely new AoS fiction in the pipeline either!

Edited by Acrozatarim
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

yes it finally coming!

sundaypreview-oct6-bl_03-shouldersgiants.jpg

also love how this novel cover so much better that it has overshadow the space marine novel lol

image.png.0210f1b6f0af85e298159fb09398429b.png

where this art from? it has Aegis armor liberators

ThisWeekinWarhammerTheGod-KingsChosenareUnleashed0-10screenshot.png.00a95fd24591e2c7d9d6bd6d2ceb8365.png

It looks like first edition artwork.

21 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, as UW is set in Embergard I think this kind of clears the rumours about Warcry being set in Embergard ala Mordheim.

We did get 2 seasons of UW E1 running concurrently within-ish the Warcry E2 setting, namely Gnarlwood and Wyrdhollow. IIRC, the latter was set literally under a part of the 'wood, so UW E2 might focus on the Embergard's mines, and Warcry E3 on the ruins above? (Warhammer: Overworld, lol.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

These are fairly standard wrt anthologies, I think - they probably want to compile and print the various short stories they put out digitally over the last couple of years, plus package in some new material to make it more tempting. Not trying to convince you to change your mind (full disclosure - I have a very vested interest in people buying it cos then I get my percentage, so I am deeply biased here), but just wanted to chime in that it's a fairly standard sort of practice to make sure the material becomes available in different formats, especially for folks who like print versions, and thankfully doesn't mean there won't be other, entirely new AoS fiction in the pipeline either!

Mate I had no idea your short story would be in here!! Guranteed buy for me then and Ill pick up another 2 copies for my mates wanting to dip into AOS for Christmas!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate I had no idea your short story would be in here!! Guranteed buy for me then and Ill pick up another 2 copies for my mates wanting to dip into AOS for Christmas!!

😅My work in there's nothing new, so please don't feel like you need to do so! But, uh, obviously I would be very happy if you did...

It's a bit of an odd feeling for me since I'm excited to see my stuff in physical print for the first time, which is wonderful - it's always great to get to hold one's work in one's actual hands - but also now I'm much more excited about... other stuff that I can't yet talk about.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

😅My work in there's nothing new, so please don't feel like you need to do so! But, uh, obviously I would be very happy if you did...

It's a bit of an odd feeling for me since I'm excited to see my stuff in physical print for the first time, which is wonderful - it's always great to get to hold one's work in one's actual hands - but also now I'm much more excited about... other stuff that I can't yet talk about.

Are you talking about the proper novel you are working on that includes the new dispossessed range?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

My friend. If you are working on an Ogor novel to tie into the range refresh simply react to my post...or better yet dont react!! No..React!!

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Don't k ow if could or even know

But do you know what the list of shorts are in the book?

Im getting the book regardless i just want to know what the 10 novels short are

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

I would add SBGL to that list. I can see grave guard getting an update with Warcry, but I don't expect a huge wave with the SBGL battletome since they got a TON last edition.

To be fair, since their initial release in 2021 the only AOS specific releases that SBGL have had (to my knowledge) have been (largely unwanted) foot hero’s. I’d rather nothing if it meant other armies get more, but I don’t think it works that way. 

I’m really excited by the prospect of new non hero units in a way that I haven’t been since their initial release, but I’m also happy to see other armies get interesting releases with more than just token foot hero’s. 

4 minutes ago, TechnoVampire said:

To be fair, since their initial release in 2021 the only AOS specific releases that SBGL have had (to my knowledge) have been (largely unwanted) foot hero’s. I’d rather nothing if it meant other armies get more, but I don’t think it works that way. 

I’m really excited by the prospect of new non hero units in a way that I haven’t been since their initial release, but I’m also happy to see other armies get interesting releases with more than just token foot hero’s. 

wolves, skeletons, zombies, bats, bloodknights and it only what I remember

Edited by Vagard

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Are you talking about the proper novel you are working on that includes the new dispossessed range?

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

My friend. If you are working on an Ogor novel to tie into the range refresh simply react to my post...or better yet dont react!! No..React!!

😆 I'm afraid I'm going to have to be extremely boring here and point out that I'm never going to give away any info about details of anything I'm working on ahead of whenever GW makes that stuff publicly known. Trust me, soon as I can say anything about any of my work I will happily shout about it from the rooftops, but you'll never be able to divine any special secret sauce rumour knowledge from what I do and don't post or say on these forums. I have signed contracts, and quite like continuing to get work from Black Library, after all!

4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Don't k ow if could or even know

But do you know what the list of shorts are in the book?

Im getting the book regardless i just want to know what the 10 novels short are

Nope - I imagine it'll be listed on the Black Library website when it goes up for preorder, though?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

😆 I'm afraid I'm going to have to be extremely boring here and point out that I'm never going to give away any info about details of anything I'm working on ahead of whenever GW makes that stuff publicly known. Trust me, soon as I can say anything about any of my work I will happily shout about it from the rooftops, but you'll never be able to divine any special secret sauce rumour knowledge from what I do and don't post or say on these forums. I have signed contracts, and quite like continuing to get work from Black Library, after all!

Nope - I imagine it'll be listed on the Black Library website when it goes up for preorder, though?

To me getting a confirmation about you working again with BL is enough to be a rumour :P

• Like 2