So for 4th edition 

Started Factions:

• Skaven wave
  • Stormcast wave

Hero faction (1-3 models):

• Slaves to darkness

Wave faction

• Chaos Dwarfs 

rest of the factions which we don't know. Bold mean is a faction that need a wave and underline is that we have a idea of possibly getting a wave. 

3 edition gave us 6 wave factions 

• Cities of sigmar
  • Sylvaneth
  • Seraphon
  • Lumineth
  • Daughter of Khaine
  • Kharadon
  • Fyreslayer
  • Idoneth Deepkin
  • Blades of Khorne
  • Hedonites of Slaanesh
  • Maggotkin of nurgle
  • Disciples of Tzeentch
  • Orruk Warclans
  • Ogor Mawtribes
  • Gloomspite gitz
  • Sons of Behemat
  • Soulblight Gravelords
  • Ossiarch bonereapers
  • Nighthaunt

I think that 5 of the bold factions have a really low percentage of probability to have more that one kit outside end of edition campaigns. Hahaha

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I think that 5 of the bold factions have a really low percentage of probability to have more that one kit outside end of edition campaigns. Hahaha

No way. Which two would you say have high chances, then? Ogors and?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It better not be any Duardin, Idoneth or Ogors missing out!!

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

yes it finally coming!

sundaypreview-oct6-bl_03-shouldersgiants.jpg

also love how this novel cover so much better that it has overshadow the space marine novel lol

image.png.0210f1b6f0af85e298159fb09398429b.png

where this art from? it has Aegis armor liberators

ThisWeekinWarhammerTheGod-KingsChosenareUnleashed0-10screenshot.png.00a95fd24591e2c7d9d6bd6d2ceb8365.png

The art is from All-Gates, the final book of the Realmgate Wars, just after Vandus Hammerhand has defeated Skarbrand, if I remember correctly.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

If IDK, FS, KO or Ogors, any one of them, get the Single Model treatment Ill be beyond mad.

Sons I could see just getting a Tome this Edition. Unless they update the Mancrusher there isnt much for them left besides a new Mega or a new breed such as Half-Gargants.

Mate Id wager full well that theyll also get a Warcry Warband!! Temple Guard for sure!! Alongside either a new Old Blood or Skink Starseer!!

I feel Ogors are all but guranteed a full refresh this Edition. It was Skaven, Ogors and Beasts. One got updated, one got squatted so it leaves Ogors to be done.

On the Shoulders of Giants contains only 2 New Short stories, the other 10 are already existing...thats a bummer and means no buy for me.

KO and FS should be prio target for reinforcement . 

Then IDK , KB and Ironjawz are the armies below 20 entries and need more units . (Unless they reunified KB and IJ with a sort of big waaagh)

i disagree . I think sons will have new unit this edition . Maybe mancrusher unit ?

i also feel like ogor will have its range refresh this edition . 

19 minutes ago, Danaork said:

So, i think we can begin speculations and rumors for Grand Narrative Preview at next 16th November.

For AOS it will probably just be a single model from the GSG release and the narrative book. 

The bulk of releases will probably Krieg and some other 40k/30k stuff. Old World will probably be a big reveal with the Empire/High elves. 

As others have mentioned, It would be good for AoS, if Warcry received a new edition and released 5/10 man unit kits that can be used in the Warcry setting and also instantly available for their corresponding faction in AoS. 

When putting together "Fation support" cards to catalogue the different factions and the number of kits they have, what stood out to me regarding IDK was that they are actually in a solid state. Here is their faction card (Yellow outline is a hero with different build options, Blue is a unit with multiple build options)

Indoneth Deepkin.jpg

7 Hero kits, 5 unit kits, faction terrain, an Underworlds warband and a Spearhead is solid. DoK only have 4 hero and 4 Unit kits. 

Edited by Hollow

4 hours ago, MitGas said:

I feel like there are some armies that could definitely use a wave and others that need it much less, despite having a comparable amount of kits. Deepkin or Duardin desperately need waves, unless you want them to see them go the way of the dodo beastman, right now it feels unwise to start any of those armies... other armies, despite having kits lack units that similar armies have (e.g. Khorngors, Pestigors, Tzeentch Mortal Chosen or a Tzeentchian Mortal named character (think Sigvald, etc.). So there's room for more than just single in many cases.

Doesn't mean any of that will come out tho. I feel like GW releases are not what's needed or wanted but what their designers feel like working on. Ogors need a total revamp of their miniature line. 

And then we got Malerion and Chaos Dwarves as the two not-yet-released forces - we know that CD are coming and likely Malerion will take another edition.

If I had a say, and keeping the rumours in mind, I'd release:

Small waves for:
Idoneth, both Duardin faction, Tzeentch (Mortal Elite, named Mortal character OR Fatemaster), Khorne (Khorngors, named char), GSG

Unit releases: SBGL, OBR, Nurgle (Pestigors), CoS, Seraphon

Armies/big waves: Ogors, CD

I'm not sure if any army really needs another single hero on foot, I'd rather see them release one unit per force instead where it makes sense or where they don't need an old model replaced.

Well said. I completely agree. I’d love to see all the current factions be brought up to a good standard and releases reflect what each needs in order for that to happen, in an order that is fair and makes sense.

It sounds really simple, but unfortunately I don’t think that this logical/ fair approach is particularly well incorporated into GW’s thinking, if at all. 

Despite that I think it benefits everyone when a faction does get a well deserved update or expansion, and we shouldn’t compete or begrudge our fellow hobbyists and players for receiving things they might really enjoy. 

• Like 2

As a side, I have updated my "Faction Kit Support" card for Skaven. It really highlights the massive difference 4th edition has made to the faction.

From this - Skavenold.jpg.967640de05643c0cd5aa27c76215e1ab.jpg

To this -

Skaven.jpg.9f34e9f80ccbb3b56e91889c01b839a9.jpg

Still holding onto the ancient Night Runners and Plague Monk kits. (Ideal updates to do through WarCry) 

Just now, Hollow said:

As a side, I have updated my "Faction Kit Support" card for Skaven. It really highlights the massive difference 4th edition has made to the faction.

From this - Skavenold.jpg.967640de05643c0cd5aa27c76215e1ab.jpg

To this -

Skaven.jpg.9f34e9f80ccbb3b56e91889c01b839a9.jpg

Still holding onto the ancient Night Runners and Plague Monk kits. (Ideal updates to do through WarCry) 

From when is the top one? It seems to be missing quite a lot of stuff, like the old spearhead. Even with that, it has been a massive push indeed.

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

From when is the top one? It seems to be missing quite a lot of stuff, like the old spearhead. Even with that, it has been a massive push indeed.

It is a list made on the run-up to 4th edition. These were the kits that were for sale at the time of making the Card. The old Vanguard box (They technically didn't have an old Spearhead box) wasn't for sale. (Same with Thanquol). So at the time of making (A couple of Months before 4th) nothing is missing. It is just what was for sale at the time. 

Edited by Hollow