The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

All the warbands will receive cards for free in the community. It could be just a test print or "homemade" print.

Those Cards are factions abilities table card like Warcry ones. Warbands don't have warbands cards for decks anymore

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Those Cards are factions abilities table card like Warcry ones. Warbands don't have warbands cards for decks anymore

That does feel like the biggest change. There are thousands of cards in the relic format and those are all gone. If new warbands just come with fighter cards and a warband card, that will reduce the number of cards available considerably. I guess they will release more rivals decks separately but maybe at a slower pace than before. I also wonder if they will keep the rivals format where you can take any two rivals decks and mix them. 

11 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That does feel like the biggest change. There are thousands of cards in the relic format and those are all gone. If new warbands just come with fighter cards and a warband card, that will reduce the number of cards available considerably. I guess they will release more rivals decks separately but maybe at a slower pace than before. I also wonder if they will keep the rivals format where you can take any two rivals decks and mix them. 

I think it makes sense to keep the "begginers deckbuilding" mode.

Do you think we'll get the game before christmas?

6 minutes ago, Gotz said:

I think it makes sense to keep the "begginers deckbuilding" mode.

Do you think we'll get the game before christmas?

All the content of the preview is for being released during this month and the first half of November

November-December is for Lord of the Ring with the movie release

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sception said:

SBGL got, to the best of my recollection, a single infantry hero last edition - ivya volga, the monster hunting lady vamp with the fur hat and the cloud of bats.

Their big model range refresh came with their faction rebranding at the end of 2nd edition, shortly before broken realms.

It was that long ago already!? Time is truly flying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

The Blacktalons are not listes as "Regiment of renown" in the SCE Battletome. Does this means that non-SCE order armies are going to not be able to play with them? 

How did you find it out?

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Prices of the week!

Amerratadora Rayobrujo = Ratling Warpblaster

Recluyentes = Reclusians
Espoleadores Azotatormentas = Stormstrike Palladors
Portal Pasatormentas = Stormreach Portal

I think the rest should be easy enough to understand.

image.jpeg.2a1b2d87b3d851d1e9eb379328727a76.jpeg

@Vagard

Thanks. Iridan is a lot pricier than I expected them to be. I wasn't expecting them basically like Ionus. That is interesting as they could be quite a bit stronger than expected.

Also thank you for the translation. I am so tired I spent a bit trying to translate and understand what was what only to realise you had translated it already when I went to quote you.

Edited by Vaellas

7 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Thanks. Iridan is a lot pricier than I expected them to be. I wasn't expecting them basically like Ionus. That is interesting as they could be quite a bit stronger than expected.

Also thank you for the translation. I am so tired I spent a bit trying to translate and understand what was what only to realise you had translated it already when I went to quote you.

Iridan and the scenery have been a bit of a shock, but both look quite big.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Iridan and the scenery have been a bit of a shock, but both look quite big.

The palladors I expected the same price as the Vanguard variety but they are slightly more. Reclusians a bit more than Annhilators too. I wonder if we are due price increase soon and they are bringing them at these price to avoid changing them later like they did with some pre orders around this time last year.

13 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

The palladors I expected the same price as the Vanguard variety but they are slightly more. Reclusians a bit more than Annhilators too. I wonder if we are due price increase soon and they are bringing them at these price to avoid changing them later like they did with some pre orders around this time last year.

I think it is the other way around. Those old Stormcasts weren't "adjusted enough". We have already cavalry reaching the 55 € benchmark.

15 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Reclusian have 2 more minis than annihilators (the 2 humans). DOn't know if it is relevant for the price tho

15 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So for 4th edition 

Started Factions:

• Skaven wave
  • Stormcast wave

Hero faction (1-3 models):

• Slaves to darkness

Wave faction

• Chaos Dwarfs 

rest of the factions which we don't know. Bold mean is a faction that need a wave and underline is that we have a idea of possibly getting a wave. 

3 edition gave us 6 wave factions 

• Cities of sigmar
  • Sylvaneth
  • Seraphon
  • Lumineth
  • Daughter of Khaine
  • Kharadon
  • Fyreslayer
  • Idoneth Deepkin
  • Blades of Khorne
  • Hedonites of Slaanesh
  • Maggotkin of nurgle
  • Disciples of Tzeentch
  • Orruk Warclans
  • Ogor Mawtribes
  • Gloomspite gitz
  • Sons of Behemat
  • Soulblight Gravelords
  • Ossiarch bonereapers
  • Nighthaunt

Just to pick this apart a bit, 3rd ed AoS was a bit more nuanced than just 6 wave updates.

Yes we got 6 factions that got big updates (Stormcast, Orruks, Slaves to Darkness, Seraphon, Cities of Sigmar and Flesh-Eater Courts) but two of those got 2 big updates (Orruks with Kruleboyz at the start and Ironjawz at the end, and Slaves to Darkness with a general update first and then Darkoath and Abraxia later on). We also got a couple of smaller waves for Sylvaneth, Nighthaunt and Gloomspite. So there's definitely more room in the release schedule for more than just 6 armies.

This also tracks with 40k where 9th edition gave us 9 decent sized updates for armies (2 for Space Marines, then Adepta Sororitas, Astra Militarum, Aeldari, Necrons, Orks, Chaos Space Marines and World Eaters).

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

The Soulblight refresh did happen close to 3e, so that might be the cause for confusion.

I cannot believe it was already over 3 years ago!! Remember the Cursed City drama?

11 minutes ago, cyrus said:

These are the fantastic artworks of new STD battletome ( from preview live)

VlKK7nw.jpeg

In this one you can see the horned rat face on background 

kKVKDBM.jpeg

Poor steelhelms !

tqocHnJ.jpeg

These pieces are insane and the grey scale images remind me heavily of 6th Edition WHFB art which is still peak art to me.

z5qdw9vfjz361.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Prices of the week!

Amerratadora Rayobrujo = Ratling Warpblaster

Recluyentes = Reclusians
Espoleadores Azotatormentas = Stormstrike Palladors
Portal Pasatormentas = Stormreach Portal

I think the rest should be easy enough to understand.

image.jpeg.2a1b2d87b3d851d1e9eb379328727a76.jpeg

@Vagard

wow, the Stormcast outhouse (terrain) is 65€ . that makes it the most expensive faction terrain kit so far. I already hated it ("forced" buy to play all the rules for my faction, annoying to carry around whereas I always liked how easy it was to travel with my SCE army...) now I don't see how I can justify such an expense (to myself), I had mentally budgeted the same price as the FS forge (oh sweet summer child)

26 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Reclusian have 2 more minis than annihilators (the 2 humans). DOn't know if it is relevant for the price tho

surely has an impact, still paying 50€ for 3 minis and 2 tokens feels pricey

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I cannot believe it was already over 3 years ago!! Remember the Cursed City drama?

These pieces are insane and the grey scale images remind me heavily of 6th Edition WHFB art which is still peak art to me.

z5qdw9vfjz361.jpg

This piece of art is the reason why I started Warhammer Battle with Ogres when I was a teenager, I did not know anything about the rules yet this was enough to win me over.

• Like 3