The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, baiardo said:

There is some rumors about idoneth?how is it possible that's nothing is coming for them?

Only rumor I’ve ever heard about them was somewhere that apparently they had a second wave in design and then two things happened: COVID and Duinclaw, whose reception was so overwhelmingly positive that they went back to the drawing board. No clue if that’s even true though. 

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Only rumor I’ve ever heard about them was somewhere that apparently they had a second wave in design and then two things happened: COVID and Duinclaw, whose reception was so overwhelmingly positive that they went back to the drawing board. No clue if that’s even true though. 

There were rumours about both a FS and IDK wave a while back around the time of Fury of the Deep. Maybe those were the same rumours?

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

It would be very cool to see somekind of heavy crab cavalry. They could do so much cool stuff with Idoneth. The oceans are full of inspiration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

It would be very cool to see somekind of heavy crab cavalry. They could do so much cool stuff with Idoneth. The oceans are full of inspiration.

As cool as Crab Cavalry is, I don't think they would fit into the roster gameplay wise. There's already knightly cavalry in the form of the Akelians, and the theme of the army is that they are fast glass cannon raiders, so slow durable tanks would be a bit strange. 

That being said GW can just invent new lore to include them. Idk settlements start getting attacked, so they train heavy defensive units or something like that. 

4 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

As cool as Crab Cavalry is, I don't think they would fit into the roster gameplay wise. There's already knightly cavalry in the form of the Akelians, and the theme of the army is that they are fast glass cannon raiders, so slow durable tanks would be a bit strange. 

That being said GW can just invent new lore to include them. Idk settlements start getting attacked, so they train heavy defensive units or something like that. 

That's true. I didn't think about gameplay, just what was cool to see on the battlefield. 😄 

That said, I wouldn't mind more possible playstyles for armies. 

11 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

A slower, more defensive playstyle is actually fully possible (Albeit conditional on Big Turtle at the moment), but it’s not viable currently due to Big Turtle’s short aura range. If that gets increased, that playstyle would actually be a doable thing.

19 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

The more ways and options to play an army the better.

24 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Don't come between my and my crabs.

https://tenor.com/bY841.gif

• Haha 1

New community website has accessible text versions of its rules snippet images. That's great. They're somewhat forgiven.

Now if they could make their pdfs available in more accessible forms...

Honestly, for company offering tabletop activities they're not great at making stuff accessible to everyone