The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, MitGas said:

They could go in so many cool directions with Idoneth, really. Hence why I cheekily said that bald aelfs are the least interesting way to explore the theme. If Idoneth had more cool creatures, maybe allies like crab people or whatever (they could be heavy hitters like trolls), they could be one of the coolest and most unique forces in wargaming. I do like their general design (cool armor) but I find it frustrating that they didn't realize their potential in the slightest IMO.

There's nothing stopping you doing some of that right now! (Not my work)20241008_145636.jpg.0f4fa4aac75c9db77b410bf539284c0c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • LOVE IT! 4

9 hours ago, Hollow said:

GW has already laid this ground work in the 3rd edition Battletome... 

Screenshot2024-10-07232002.jpg.aef1cac0feee20b1e8e0d4e40ea19f81.jpg

I feel that the Indoneth need to be brought into the setting more, an Ideal way would be to have units (Perhaps demonic or undead) that have managed to harness the Deep-Sea magic... The Ethersea. "Aquatic" themed units for the Mono-God Chaos factions (Vampirates or even deep-sea diver Goblins, Skaven Submarine!) would open up some fun and interesting design space. 

Or bring in their old enemy - the Arboleth (I think that is the name). If you have a threat relevent to all who primarily fight the Idoneth that is one way to do it without forcing other races to adopt aquatic stuff.

I guess vampire pirates would be another solution.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

There's nothing stopping you doing some of that right now! (Not my work)20241008_145636.jpg.0f4fa4aac75c9db77b410bf539284c0c.jpg

Oh yes there is something stopping me. The amount of money that number of Duinclaw models is going to cost me will financially ruin me.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Tonhel said:

It would be very cool to see somekind of heavy crab cavalry. They could do so much cool stuff with Idoneth. The oceans are full of inspiration.

I feel Idoneth, Ossiarch, Fyreslayers, Kharadron and Ogors have the most thematic potential thats yet to be tapped!!

Idoneth have all manner of Deep Sea Creatures to break into. Give me a Cthulu inspired Mega Gargant sized monster covered in barnacles!!

Ossiarch can literally have absolutely anything they can think of, made from bone.

Fyreslayers can lean heavily into the volcanic and fire theme far beyond what they have so far.

Kharadron could have any number of Aether inventions and weaponary not to mention new ships, why havent they?

Ogors are in need of a much needed range refresh with the slate able to be wiped clean bar the BCR. Which could have so many more Ice Age era monsters attached to them. Give me a Carniverous Ground Sloth!!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I feel Idoneth, Ossiarch, Fyreslayers, Kharadron and Ogors have the most thematic potential thats yet to be tapped!!

Idoneth have all manner of Deep Sea Creatures to break into. Give me a Cthulu inspired Mega Gargant sized monster covered in barnacles!!

Ossiarch can literally have absolutely anything they can think of, made from bone.

Fyreslayers can lean heavily into the volcanic and fire theme far beyond what they have so far.

Kharadron could have any number of Aether inventions and weaponary not to mention new ships, why havent they?

Ogors are in need of a much needed range refresh with the slate able to be wiped clean bar the BCR. Which could have so many more Ice Age era monsters attached to them. Give me a Carniverous Ground Sloth!!

I would die for a proper leak that could list what GW is working on or has worked on recently. Just a list of factions. IMO it would be way more revealing for the long term of the game than something more specific for a single faction or two.

Then with that we can fantasize about all the Cthulu beasts, volcanic beasts and everything from the factions. And it would also help to clear some desperation from the long-term forgotten factions (or even hit them deeper, from a negative POV).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree so much!

For Idoneth I'd love to see some less popular aquatic creatures as well. Jellyfish, manatees, manta rays, anything is possible!

Ossiarch need some archers or crossbowmen and some really weird bone creatures.

Fyreslayers need more fire, more Magmadroths, more Ur-Gold and above all else more female Duardin! Just in general more focus on what makes them unique, and not try to make them too much like Slayers to appease the traditional Duardin crowd. There are already plenty of units that do this, so we need something new to break that mold. There is still so much of the Zharrgrim priesthood unexplored (Forge Workers, Miners/Tunnelers and Droth raisers), there are brewers, anything is possible!

For Kharadron I'd like to see melee-focused dockworkers, a unit of drillbills, and some other models that show their society in an interesting way (I love the Codewright). More explicitly female models, or Valaya ancestor masks for existing units, is also essential.

Ogors I fully agree. I love BCR, but the normal gutbusters just don't do it for me. they look more like obese average-sized humans than the hulking all-consuming monstrosities they are supposed to be.

I hope they also go all-out with the Chuardin. I can't wait to see what AoS spin they'll get!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Humm....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/s/NrxDEYp54s

I'm all for new tools to be introduced to people, but at least make it look better than something you could have made yourself! :D 

r/Warhammer - Wet pallete

On one hand, it looks so cheap that it hurts, on the other it looks so cheap that it has to be cheap xD

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Humm....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/s/NrxDEYp54s

I'm all for new tools to be introduced to people, but at least make it look better than something you could have made yourself! :D 

r/Warhammer - Wet pallete

Looks a bit shonky. Especially after them espousing the virtues of the lah-di-dah new silicone palette just the other day. 

Most warbands will have free digital rules at launch, but 16 will be released physically shortly afterwards. Two brand new warbands will also arrive, for a total of 20 warbands players can buy just to start with.

Going back to Warhammer day preview and @Nighthaunt Noob rumors which other 2  warbands should  come at launch ?

1. Chorfs (mixed race)
  2. DoK crones ( Morai Heg followers )
  3. Seraphon (rawr)
  4. Nurgle Daemons (potbelly)
  5. Unknown chaos warband
  6. Unknown destruction warband

12 hours ago, MitGas said:

They could go in so many cool directions with Idoneth, really. Hence why I cheekily said that bald aelfs are the least interesting way to explore the theme. If Idoneth had more cool creatures, maybe allies like crab people or whatever (they could be heavy hitters like trolls), they could be one of the coolest and most unique forces in wargaming. I do like their general design (cool armor) but I find it frustrating that they didn't realize their potential in the slightest IMO.

I remember when the rumour said we will get Cthulhu Elves. I think everyone imagined some cool looking elf and sea creature hybrids. There are countless options of how they could have been designed.  I still like them and think they are among the best looking Warhammer armies but I have to agree that GW only scratched the surface. 

23 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Going back to Warhammer day preview and @Nighthaunt Noob rumors which other 2  warbands should  come at launch ?

1. Chorfs (mixed race)
  2. DoK crones ( Morai Heg followers )
  3. Seraphon (rawr)
  4. Nurgle Daemons (potbelly)
  5. Unknown chaos warband
  6. Unknown destruction warband

Potbelly Ogres and probably those alchemist rumour engines. (Nurgle?)