The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about rumour engines, which is what I was looking for.

Could it be OBR? It looks more alien to me, like Tyranids or something like that.

The Rumour Engine – 8th of October - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

rumourengine-oct8-content.jpg

It is very similar to World Eater related units that I am honestly wondering if it is a new World Eaters kill team as they are yet to have one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

It’s definitely a ChainSword though. Sure would be a Heck of Boundary to cross to bring Chain Swords into AOS, mind you - They were a Mythical Waeapon of Khorne in Old Lore! 

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Chainswords

I am not so sure about the chainsword. I don't see the wire you are all mentioning. It looks more flesh-like to me. But I also don't know that much about 40k.

18 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

IIRC the Warhammer Online chaos guys were Tzeentch themed. 

Yeah, but I got little hope for that-

Tzeentch: WHAT'S THIS I HEAR?!

Oh ******!

... erm, I got lots of hope but realistic expectations I mean! 🫠

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I am not so sure about the chainsword. I don't see the wire you are all mentioning. It looks more flesh-like to me. But I also don't know that much about 40k.

40k have a lot of wires that have flesh over them but you can see some of the wire underneath. The right side of the image looks like one of these flesh tubes with the darker part being exposed wiring similar to models like Chaos possessed.

image.jpeg.558b399d39d226dba3faea5ef35b2efc.jpeg

• Like 1

LIGHT IN THE DARK
Once Per Turn (Army), End of Any Turn

This warrior's celestial beacon serves as a guiding light to their fellow Prosecutors.

Declare: Pick a friendly Prosecutors unit wholly within 12" of this unit to be the target.

Effect: Roll a dice. On a 3+, pick 1 of the following effects:

• If the target is in combat, the target can immediately use the 'Retreat' ability as if it were your movement phase without any mortal damage being inflicted on it.

• If the target is not in combat, the target can immediately use the 'Normal Move' ability as if it were your movement phase.

This looks quite handy. 

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

To me it Screams ChainSword mutation or bone Chainsword because the of the orientation on the teeth on the other side which are angled up as opposed to down, whereas mitgas’ art has the teeth all pointed down. The teeth angled up on the reverse-side, tome, suggests they move! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

To me it Screams ChainSword mutation or bone Chainsword because the of the orientation on the teeth on the other side which are angled up as opposed to down, whereas mitgas’ art has the teeth all pointed down. The teeth angled up on the reverse-side, tome, suggests they move! 

Yeah, you and the others are absolutely right - seems most likely to be 40k Chaos stuff, not Nid. 

36 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

That rumour engine immediately reminded me of this. It's not identical, but neither should be since it's organic.

The more I think about it, the more I reckon it'll be an Underworlds, Kill Team or Warcry thing - just because STD and Chaos Space Marines have had pretty decent sized releases in recent times (including Battletomes) so it being from an ancillary game would fit

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about rumour engines, which is what I was looking for.

Could it be OBR? It looks more alien to me, like Tyranids or something like that.

The Rumour Engine – 8th of October - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

rumourengine-oct8-content.jpg

Supposedly Vashtorr and Magnus are teaming up in the 40k lore and waking up some of the automata that are now more daemon-engines... I really want this to be part of that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Wow. Movement at the end of the turn, return at least 1 reclusian/ probably 2 prosecutors and some heals or defense.

I suppose that he can ignore non-core abilities and has fly.

Without knowing his profile, I think he is awesome and bring A LOT to the table.

A preview of some of the Underworlds changes.

Finally, if you want a first look at Warhammer Underworlds in action, there will be a special live stream broadcast this Friday.

Warhammer TV presenters Nick, Josh and Ed will be playing live matches in the catacombs at Warhammer HQ in Nottingham. Tune in from 6pm BST on the Warhammer YouTube channel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Did they just show new minis for Necromunda on a Tuesday? Or were they shown previously?

The impervious Exo-kyn roll out to face the greatest dangers on Necromunda - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

It would be nice to have random showcases rather than every Monday, it would keep things spicy.

I just realised this new tag:

image.png.0d4b2d1705038eae4cf8e472bcf35f1e.png

I know the new site is receiving a lot of criticism, and the last failure during the Warhammer Day didn't help, but I think it has some decent and handy new features, such as the tags.

46 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Wow. Movement at the end of the turn, return at least 1 reclusian/ probably 2 prosecutors and some heals or defense.

I suppose that he can ignore non-core abilities and has fly.

Without knowing his profile, I think he is awesome and bring A LOT to the table.

The movement at the end of the turn is marked as a Knight-Azyros ability and the others as Tornus, so I'm not sure he will get all of it. There are examples of named versions of generic heroes having different abilities after all. 

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The more I think about it, the more I reckon it'll be an Underworlds, Kill Team or Warcry thing - just because STD and Chaos Space Marines have had pretty decent sized releases in recent times (including Battletomes) so it being from an ancillary game would fit

I think it will be a Chaos Space Marines Kill Team, could be wrong but I don't think it's AOS. But I think it has influences from the Possessed kit. They usually tend to be upgrade kits right? So maybe something added to the Khorne Berserkers. 

Although a large fleshy appendage could be an early sneak peak at Emperor's Children.

8 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

The movement at the end of the turn is marked as a Knight-Azyros ability and the others as Tornus, so I'm not sure he will get all of it. There are examples of named versions of generic heroes having different abilities after all. 

Tornus will definitely not get all those capacities, 2 first are for him and the last is for the generic one

Edited by Vagard

42 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

SOURCE PLEASE @DinoJon???

I won't put words in DinoJon's mouth, but iirc there's been a lore excerpt floating around of TS Automata in one of the more recent White Dwarfs, so people have been putting two and two together with a few of the Rumour Engines.

That and in 30k the Thousand Sons already have their own unique Automata.

I think right now it's just the internet making educated guesses rather than anything substantial, but it could definitely be a teaser of things to come.