The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Interview with the latest Golden Daemon winner, David Perryman. Plus some more closeups of his amazing Trogg.

gdeu2024-oct06-slayerswordwinnerdeets.jp

gdeu2024-oct06-slayerswordwinnerdeets2.j

For those that don't know he goes by Infernal Brush on patreon and did a large number of box art paint jobs for many years at Geedubs. 

Fantastic artist as well as amazing tutorials. 

I can't recommend him enough. 

Even though I greatly dislike the model it's an incredible paintjob and he has  four vids on painting it on his patreon. 🤘

Edited by Vasshpit

46 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I've recently come across rumours that Thousand Sons will get plastic Automata before. Dunno how reliable those are though. 

40 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I won't put words in DinoJon's mouth, but iirc there's been a lore excerpt floating around of TS Automata in one of the more recent White Dwarfs, so people have been putting two and two together with a few of the Rumour Engines.

That and in 30k the Thousand Sons already have their own unique Automata.

I think right now it's just the internet making educated guesses rather than anything substantial, but it could definitely be a teaser of things to come.

White Dwarf 501 - from my dedicated Tzeentchian scholar friend

"Tzeentch basically tells Magnus he needs to deal with Vashtorr. But since Vashtorr is currently in the Pariah Nexus, which isn’t kind to Psykers, Magnus was disinclined to send his sorcerers there. 

It seems they’re sending their old battle automata and other psyker esque robots instead.

As far as I’m aware there’s been no follow up on that storybeat since then."

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And anything from that Khorne or Automa stuff could be shared with AoS?

I think any "daemon engine" stuff depending on how daemon-y it is can easily cross over IE the Soulgrinder...which now that I am thinking of it could definitely do with an update. Khorne already is king of mechanical integrations for its daemons so I think that would be the highest chance of crossover. 

Also I find Vashtorr to be the Hashut of 40k and we could see cross over potentially in daemonic machines. 

It's a long shot but I would love it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ookami said:

Si GW le suit strictement, alors oui - la mort est le prochain antagoniste de l'affiche, mais j'espère qu'OBR recevra plus d'amour dans cette édition et que l'antagoniste de la 5ème serait Malerion (Ordre contre Ordre ? Pourquoi pas ?) ou quelqu'un de complètement nouveau.

Malerion and DE, 5th edition's antagonists, IDK, but at the ending 4rth edition campaign ahead Tyrion, why not !

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I won't put words in DinoJon's mouth, but iirc there's been a lore excerpt floating around of TS Automata in one of the more recent White Dwarfs, so people have been putting two and two together with a few of the Rumour Engines.

That and in 30k the Thousand Sons already have their own unique Automata.

I think right now it's just the internet making educated guesses rather than anything substantial, but it could definitely be a teaser of things to come.

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I've recently come across rumours that Thousand Sons will get plastic Automata before. Dunno how reliable those are though. 

Okay, so with these two posts and the now confirmed EC army inbound, I think we can make an educated guess about how GW will expand each of the four god aligned legions going forward.

TK-Sons: Sorcery spam with decent chaff/heavy support in the form of tzaangors and mechs.

DG: Heavy Infantry and artillery.

WE: Fast attack/Close Combat.

EC: Melee-Oriented with sonic weaponry (glass cannon extraordinaire). 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Okay, so with these two posts and the now confirmed EC army inbound, I think we can make an educated guess about how GW will expand each of the four god aligned legions going forward.

TK-Sons: Sorcery spam with decent chaff/heavy support in the form of tzaangors and mechs.

DG: Heavy Infantry and artillery.

WE: Fast attack/Close Combat.

EC: Melee-Oriented with sonic weaponry (glass cannon extraordinaire). 

Sounds like a very educated guess! 👍